• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First Images from Nintendo Dreams Sixteen Page KH Spread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Haha, can't wait for those pitch forks... Well unfortunately there isn't anything about the new games, really he just talks, and very broadly I felt, about how the KH series ended up with COM and KHII.

In the beginning he says that they originally didn't think about any thing after KH, and he felt that he could just let it end how the original game ended. He says the staff didn't think about it much too, unless on the very unlikely chance it became a series like FF (having sequels with nothing to do with the game(s) before).

Then he says he started thinking about it more when people wanted KH on the gameboy advance. He says he thought the card system seemed exhilirating, while he felt it by itself could become unpleasant, so he linked it to the story. He also saw COM as a shadow of an episode instead of a sequel, since the GBA lacked the capacity, unlike something the DS has more of.

He said people, while they wouldn't understand COM fully from just playing KH, also wouldn't understand KHII 100% if they didn't play COM (I for one, thought Roxas wrote Thank Namine until I played COM). He said that still people could understand the main story of Kingdom Hearts without ever playing COM.

Then he mentions that he put FF characters in the game because of the mix of Disney and Original characers - Everyone around the world knew the Disny, but the Originals were unknown from before. So he put the FF in there to bridge the gap between them, since some people know FF but others don't I guess. He then notes that the originals did have the power to carry the series forward, noticing that the DS game has many originals in it.

Then he talks about the settings of the sequels, and that they weren't really thought about until the end of KH. He says they didn't keep the setting for COM very strict, because they had assumed KHII would occur one year later anyway. Something about not thinking about connecting the axis of time is mentioned after they make the setting, which I assume they mean COM, since we don't have any evidence of how much time passed from KH ending to COM ending.

Last he talked about the game overseas and in foreign countries, and mentions he was shocked that 3 games could sell 12 million units over 7 years. He says he didn't make the games with foriegn countires in mind, as he feels doing that can ruin the game (I think that's what he was getting across...). He mentions foreign countries liking it because of its action, and that it becomes more popular overseas as a result. He mentions something about COM after that, but I didn't understand, but I can tell it wasn't important.

So really nothing new here, most of this I've seen throughout different interviews with him. And if I get anything wrong, I'm very sorry, but I think I did get pretty much most of it. A better translation might reveal something, but it seems unlikely from this interview.

Remember though he has 2 interviews in this thing. The one that who listed above is the one about the series in general while another interview focuses on 358/2 Days more and the secret story of birth.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
REP!

The thing I found interesting is him stating the DS has more original characters. (Or FF, depending on whether you count FF as an original)

and I was one of those who didn't know who the FF people were, I thought they were OC's. Like Sephiroth...

Bakerboy

o_O
This is kind of contradictory from what I've seen in other interviews. I've seen at places that he started working on KH2, and to make it mysterious, set it a year after KH1, just because.
Then he started thinking about wtf happened during that year, and that's how CoM came to be o.o; so it's weird to see CoM came first.

No, that actually fits better with what I translated. That part was tough for me to get, but he said that they had already decided KHII would take place 1 year later because they liked the feel of that or something. Then he mentions that COM, as a result, wasn't so strict in its setting, since they already had a year to work with. Thanks for mentioning that, it makes more sense to me now. I'll edit my post.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
REP!

The thing I found interesting is him stating the DS has more original characters. (Or FF, depending on whether you count FF as an original)

and I was one of those who didn't know who the FF people were, I thought they were OC's. Like Sephiroth...

I knew who were final fantasy I just did not know there stories or anything cause KH was really my first game that I bought that was made by Square.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No, that actually fits better with what I translated. That part was tough for me to get, but he said that they had already decided KHII would take place 1 year later because they liked the feel of that or something. Then he mentions that COM, as a result, wasn't so strict in its setting, since they already had a year to work with. Thanks for mentioning that, it makes more sense to me now. I'll edit my post.

Oh, I see =D ok then.

madammina

I knew who were final fantasy I just did not know there stories or anything cause KH was really my first game that I bought that was made by Square.

I didn't know they were final Fantasy. When Sephiroth Came on the screen I was like "who is this guy, why was he trapped in a portal, and why does he have a wing?" My brother made the accurate guess he was from Final Fantasy.

For Leon, I was happy to hear David Boreanaz' voice (please come back!) and didn't really think about games.

I don't know when I figured out they were actually Final Fantasy Characters, but I was embarrassed when I did.

Bakerboy

K, I edited it. Also, when he mentions the original characters in 358/2 Days, I think he's more or less just referring to the Organization, not FF characters. I also thought the FF characters were orginal when I played the game the first time, haha, in fact I thought Sephiroth was related to Ansem in some way. It was a buddy of mine that told me Leon wasn't actually Leon XD. And if anyone else posts other interviews I'll try translating them too.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
K, I edited it. Also, when he mentions the original characters in 358/2 Days, I think he's more or less just referring to the Organization, not FF characters. I also thought the FF characters were orginal when I played the game the first time, haha, in fact I thought Sephiroth was related to Ansem in some way. It was a buddy of mine that told me Leon wasn't actually Leon XD. And if anyone else posts other interviews I'll try translating them too.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

I play FF because of KH. :v

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
K, I edited it. Also, when he mentions the original characters in 358/2 Days, I think he's more or less just referring to the Organization, not FF characters.

Seeing how he talks about basing an entire game on the Originals, I think it's kind of obvious he wasn't talking about the FF characters of which we've seen not at all in the information we got thus far about Days.

And if anyone else posts other interviews I'll try translating them too.

Yey :D

madammina

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

I play FF because of KH. :v

Me too, I started playing FF after I played KH.

Same here... well I was thinking about it, then Ziz got me onto FF3 on the DS (which severly lacked plot, but had good gameplay) got me hooked on FF and RPG to a much bigger extent.

Now, Cyan is my favorite FF character.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I am pretty sure we will have more scans by tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. It's early morning in Japan so just give it till about 7:00 maybe 8:00 or 9:00 PM and i'm sure more scans will pop. Besides I think bittermeat is getting her own copy so she will scan that when she gets it.

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
I am pretty sure we will have more scans by tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. It's early morning in Japan so just give it till about 7:00 maybe 8:00 or 9:00 PM and i'm sure more scans will pop. Besides I think bittermeat is getting her own copy so she will scan that when she gets it.

It's almost 6 A.M. on the 22nd in Japan right now. Hopefully something will come up soon.
I just hope it has a fair amount of actual game/cutscene screens, and not just interviews.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
It's almost 6 A.M. on the 22nd in Japan right now. Hopefully something will come up soon.
I just hope it has a fair amount of actual game/cutscene screens, and not just interviews.

Heartstation will probably have a lot up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back