• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First Images from Nintendo Dreams Sixteen Page KH Spread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
That bar would show up in local play too, since the DS would still be utilizing wireless connections...
There's is a very high probability that Days does not incorporate Online Play.

Don't hurt me like that Audo. Please?

I only have a couple of friends who I'll be able to play with, and only one is getting the JP version.

The prospect of playing alone scares the shit out of me.

Radon

mofo
her fighting is almost identical to roxas, even her character model. its almost just roxas with black kairi like hair.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
so theres no xion on the screen. really does anyone care?

Not me =P.

I just want to see the whole report by now. I really am excited, for once, about what's going to be revealed. Hopefully, it's good.

Radon

mofo
Who thinks there will be a new world announced in the rest of the scans?

Novastar56

I really like how they have the line up. I hope that they left possible others out so that others can be surprised when they play, otherwise they could have spoiled a decent surprise..

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Need to study more kanji and maybe i'd have a shot at reading that XD

Bakerboy

I can give a shot at translating it - but I'll bet money that Heartstation will have it done before me anyway, and with a better translation too XD...

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
For some reason, I couldn't care less that Xion's not in multiplayer. Probably because one Keyblade is enough, but it would be nice to play as her.

I can't wait until this is all translated d:

Last edited:

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I hadn't noticed Xion, but I thought they mentioned she would be unavailable anyway (don't know where)

I can't wait for translations either!

Bakerboy

I think a good idea would be for you to try and translate it anyway, regardless of Heartstation. We can go after you with pitchforks if you're wrong later, but the worst thing to do is not to try.

Haha, can't wait for those pitch forks... Well unfortunately there isn't anything about the new games, really he just talks, and very broadly I felt, about how the KH series ended up with COM and KHII.

In the beginning he says that they originally didn't think about any thing after KH, and he felt that he could just let it end how the original game ended. He says the staff didn't think about it much too, unless on the very unlikely chance it became a series like FF (having sequels with nothing to do with the game(s) before).

Then he says he started thinking about it more when people wanted KH on the gameboy advance. He says he thought the card system seemed exhilirating, while he felt it by itself could become unpleasant, so he linked it to the story. He also saw COM as a shadow of an episode instead of a sequel, since the GBA lacked the capacity, unlike something the DS has more of.

He said people, while they wouldn't understand COM fully from just playing KH, also wouldn't understand KHII 100% if they didn't play COM (I for one, thought Roxas wrote Thank Namine until I played COM). He said that still people could understand the main story of Kingdom Hearts without ever playing COM.

Then he mentions that he put FF characters in the game because of the mix of Disney and Original characers - Everyone around the world knew the Disny, but the Originals were unknown from before. So he put the FF in there to bridge the gap between them, since some people know FF but others don't I guess. He then notes that the originals did have the power to carry the series forward, noticing that the DS game has many originals in it.

Then he talks about the settings of the sequels, and that they weren't really thought about until the end of KH. He says that they had already assumed KHII would take place 1 year later, because they liked the feel of it. Then, as a result, the story of COM, as they came up with it, wasn't so limited and restricted, since they had an entire year to work with. This meant that the "axis of time" in COM didn't have to connect directly with the other games, given that we don't know how long they were necessarily in Castle Oblivion during that game (Or at least that's what I'm getting - thanks to Rain for helping me clear this up.)

Last he talked about the game overseas and in foreign countries, and mentions he was shocked that 3 games could sell 12 million units over 7 years. He says he didn't make the games with foriegn countires in mind, as he feels doing that can ruin the game (I think that's what he was getting across...). He mentions foreign countries liking it because of its action, and that it becomes more popular overseas as a result. He mentions something about COM after that, but I didn't understand, but I can tell it wasn't important.

So really nothing new here, most of this I've seen throughout different interviews with him. And if I get anything wrong, I'm very sorry, but I think I did get pretty much most of it. A better translation might reveal something, but it seems unlikely from this interview.

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
o_O
This is kind of contradictory from what I've seen in other interviews. I've seen at places that he started working on KH2, and to make it mysterious, set it a year after KH1, just because.
Then he started thinking about wtf happened during that year, and that's how CoM came to be o.o; so it's weird to see CoM came first.

As for the usage of original characters, duh, of course he couldn't originally base the game on originals, he only really had Sora, Riku and Kairi XD
Now, however, he has 14 "protagonists" to work with, and that's even without Riku, Namine and Diz presenting the other side of the story to tie in with the overall plot of the series. They had to put in FF if they didn't want the Square part to be completely detached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back