• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► First Glimpse at KH 1.5 HD Re:Mix Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Thank you for the video xig28! The gameplay looks wonderful especially with Phantom.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The fact that you can switch the voices heavily implies that there will be a very short localization effort, which is always a good thing. Can't wait for the trophies!

I know, I can't wait either for the trophies to be announced :D

Also, thank you so much for the video, the models look so smooth!!!!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The fact that you can switch the voices heavily implies that there will be a very short localization effort, which is always a good thing. Can't wait for the trophies!

From what GP translated, it seems to be that they on'y "switched English voices to Japanese". You get me? *goes back to sleep*

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Xig28 you're the best! Thanks for going trough the trouble of recording this for us.

I'm somewhat surprised they're spoiling so many scenes for the end of the first game, after all shouldn't this game attract new fans?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Xig28 you're the best! Thanks for going trough the trouble of recording this for us.

I'm somewhat surprised they're spoiling so many scenes for the end of the first game, after all shouldn't this game attract new fans?

Yeah it should, buy any new fan can go onto Youtube right now and see the whole game and any Kingdom Hearts site will talk about all of those games in a spoiler-free way (I can't think of any site that is still spoiler tagging the fact that Kairi is a princess of heart). However, this game is for new fans who still want to completely enjoy the experience in a new way and for those fans who want to relive the series :)

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's pretty evident in certain scenes that the image has been cropped, but I guess that's an acceptable loss considering the improvements that have been made.
Headdesk

I, and few people have said this countless times since this was announces, it is not cropped.
this. cutting top and bottom doesnt always mean cropping. the sides are extended and that means reframing.

I didnt see any CG rendered scenes, unless it's the ones from RE:COM so I cant say much(though they are rerendered there). Of course Xig28 must know something about the camera he was using as this was some of the best game convention footage I've seen in years.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah it should, buy any new fan can go onto Youtube right now and see the whole game and any Kingdom Hearts site will talk about all of those games in a spoiler-free way (I can't think of any site that is still spoiler tagging the fact that Kairi is a princess of heart). However, this game is for new fans who still want to completely enjoy the experience in a new way and for those fans who want to relive the series :)

Yeah that is true but still... I just would be kind of annoyed if I were completely new to a series and saw a trailer to it and it spoiled most of the ending, even if the original game was 10 years old.
But now that I think about it, those scenes are meaningless without the context anyways, so they don't really spoil much, excepts for what the secret bosses and final boss look like.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah that is true but still... I just would be kind of annoyed if I were completely new to a series and saw a trailer to it and it spoiled most of the ending, even if the original game was 10 years old.
But now that I think about it, those scenes are meaningless without the context anyways, so they don't really spoil much, excepts for what the secret bosses and final boss look like.
It's square enix. Most of their Jump Festa trailers spoil the endings of games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I know they've said character models have been updated, but it looks like the models are from the first game still..
Spoiler Spoiler Show

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yes, it is. We've seen side by side comparisons showing that it is. But if you have evidence that suggest otherwise, feel free to share. I would be glad if you were right. The cutscenes are definitely cropped, as someone else already mentioned. They were created in 4:3, so no way they re-created them all from scratch to show more. Plus, Square Enix always crops their cutscenes.
yeah the cutscenes were always cropped, but there's evidence of more than just a crop job happening here.

Sorarocks93

Awards

OMG. I never noticed until now. Just look at the detail on the zips and the chain, the gloves and the boots. The new Sora looks amazing. I can't wait to see how the Sora in KH2 will look, heck HOW Terra, Ven and Aqua will look. OMG Hypeness!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
OMG. I never noticed until now. Just look at the detail on the zips and the chain, the gloves and the boots. The new Sora looks amazing. I can't wait to see how the Sora in KH2 will look, heck HOW Terra, Ven and Aqua will look. OMG Hypeness!
Most of the changes in his model were made shortly after KH2, so it's not entirely unfeasable that the KH2 design will be the same. But TVA I can be excited for!
I wonder if fishface is still present with the new models.
It shows a fair amount in the old trailer in september, but that was september.
the pic of the lineup at JF that was in another thread still has a hint of fish-face as well.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Most of the changes in his model were made shortly after KH2, so it's not entirely unfeasable that the KH2 design will be the same. But TVA I can be excited for! It shows a fair amount in the old trailer in september, but that was september.
the pic of the lineup at JF that was in another thread still has a hint of fish-face as well.

But this model was made because of the PS3. I assume KH2's models will be remade too.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
cutting top and bottom doesnt always mean cropping. the sides are extended and that means reframing. .

If the sides were extended, no visuals from the original 4:3 render would have been cut off. It would have shown everything as we remembered it with even more showing on the sides (it would most likely look a bit odd too, since added footage would be looking "empty" as the original scenes were directed to have everything happen within a 4:3 frame so there was no need to make things happen off screen).

Like I said, I would be happy if someone would prove me wrong, but it really looks to me like they've cut off visuals at the top and bottom from the original aspect ratio to make it widescreen.

And the cutscenes will definitely be cropped. The pre-rendered ones, I mean. There were no additional information outside of the original 4:3 frame created for them. Square Enix cropped the CGI movies for all of the Final Fantasy remakes they released for the PSP for this very reason. They seem to think people will rather watch them cropped so that they can fill up the entire screen than in their original aspect ratio with black bars on the sides. Their crops are well done, but it would still be nice to have a theatre mode with the original aspect ratio videos for purists, imo.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How about we focus on the excellent content xig got for everyone instead?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
In the mean time, how good is this footage? Really hypes me up for the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back