• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First Game You Ever Played

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Simply, what's the first game you remember ever playing? Do you still play it now? Was it even good?

The first game I ever played was Paperboy for the NES. We don't have the system anymore unfortunately, but it was a (somewhat) classic game to have as my first.

Pandymint

Awards
I'm not sure which, but it was either Ecco the Dolphin or Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

Funnily enough I can remember every first game for my Sony consoles.

PS1 - Twisted Metal

PS2 - Orphen: Scion of Sorcery

PS3: Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare/Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

PS4: The Evil Within

PSP: Daxter

PS Vita: Persona 4 Golden

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Some of the earliest memories I have are of playing Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros., but I really can't tell which one I played first.
To say I was devastated when my N64 broke would be an understatement.

Spem

Awards
I can't say for sure, but I think it was either Pokemon FireRed (GBA), or Crash Tag Team Racing with my brother on PS2.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
If we're going by first game of every system:

NES: Paperboy
SNES: Star Fox
Intellivision: MLB Baseball
N64: Diddy Kong Racing
PS1: Toy Story 2
Gamecube: Animal Crossing
Gameboy: first I remember was Rugrats
PS2: Finding Nemo
DS: Eragon
Wii: Wii Sports
PS3: Katamari Forever
Xbox 360: Halo 3
WiiU: Nintendo Land
3DS: Super Street Fighter IV
PS4: Killzone Shadow Fall
Xbox One: Titanfall

I have to say, some were pretty good. Others, uh, not so much.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Point-and-click children's computer games nonwithstanding, the first video game that I actually owned and played was this Cinderella platformer for GBA. First video game I ever played though... I think that was that one time my friend let me play Pokemon Gold for a bit. I caught a Magikarp in a cave.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Zelda on NES. My mom had a nap printed out and everything for it, lol.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The first one I remember playing was either MegaMan 8 or some ninja turtles game from the NES that was ungodly difficult for some reason?

Never played the original, but Turtles in Time is by far a classic.

As for me it's Super Mario Land for the Gameboy. Eventually followed by Wario Land, Pokemon Blue, Mega Man: Dr Willy's Revenge, and Game & Watch Gallery.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It was either Pokémon Red or Secret of Mana. Can't really tell tbh, but I still play both if I ever get the opportunity to.

Caxinuld

Awards
Metal Slug X on the playstation. It was my first ever video game, but I wouldn't become a massive video game fan until I got a PS2 & Kingdom Hearts.

Pandymint

Awards
Nice to see a such a variety. I always find it interesting to see how people were introduced to video games.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Some of the earliest memories I have are of playing Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros., but I really can't tell which one I played first.
To say I was devastated when my N64 broke would be an understatement.

At least, you didn't stomp all over your PS1 because you felt bored or some asinine reason.

EchoFringe49

Spyro: Year of the Dragon was the first game I ever finished, first game I ever played was probably one of those PS1 Disney licensed games.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I believe my first ever game was on the Sega Megadrive. As to which one it could be, I'm uncertain. I believe Street of Rage was one of the titles? I also had Busby, Sonic the Hedgehog, and a Disney game called 'World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck', which I absolutely adored.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
First ever? Spider-Man 2 for PS2. I do not have a PS2 and never did, but one of my relatives let me play with it.

GBA: Some kind of Shrek game (no meme intended)
DS: Some snowboarding video game (eh)
PS3: Madagascar Racing game (complete trash)
Wii: Wii Sports (meh)
3DS: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (good game, used to hate it, but now I really like it)
PS4: Star Wars: Battlefront (lost interest quickly)
Vita: Persona 4: Golden (dunno why I even added this, I don't even own the console, but I do own the game)

Back