• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
dark_dutchman said:
lol, congrats. What was it about?

We did a film study on Edward Scissorhands (the best movie ever), and we had to pretend we were in front of the school board, and the speech was supposed to "convince the board" the movie was a good teaching tool. Too easy. :p

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
hey guys, good news! my dad got back early! :) yay!

thanks for all the kisses and chocolates, you know how to maqke a girl happy, lol :eek: they made me feel a lot better! *kisses and gives chocolate back*

great news l337, congrats on your good english speech, i bet it was awesome ^-^

sorasheart, as soon as i'm done here, i'm gonna go read what i missed on your fanfic ^-^

more good news is that i have another six chapters finished, the next chappy will be up within the next few days. it would be sooner but it isn't typed up yet ^^; i'm finished school now so i'll have plenty of time to write new chapters and post here ^-^

thanks again for the sig, dd! i love it! how is the graphics school thing going?

next chappy will be up before the end of the week, i promise! thanks for not abandoning my fic, you guys are awesome ^-^

<3 <3

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
*huggles grand king back*
hope you guys like it! i made it extra long to say sorry for the long wait :)

Chapter Thirty-Two

Sobbing uncontrollably, Sora almost didn’t hear the knock at the door. He looked up, expecting them to walk in. A voice called from the other side.

“Sora,” it called, “you need to be out here in one hour, make sure you’re ready and you’ve had some food.”

“Uh, ok,” Sora replied, relieved they hadn’t come in. He wiped his soaking wet face, looked around at Kairi. She was still fast asleep, far away in the distance of her dreams. At least his crying hadn’t woke her. He decided not to wake her up yet, she must have been exhausted. Looking around, he noticed she’d made a few changes while he was sleeping. She must have stayed with him until he’d fallen asleep, then tidied the room a little. The clothes he’d pulled off and carelessly discarded on the floor were gone, nowhere to be seen. His shoes had been neatly placed at the foot of the bed, next to Kairi’s pine case for her sword. The window shutters had been pulled down, hiding the splendour of the distant galaxies. Sora stood up, wiping his teary eyes a final time, trying to keep his emotions masked in front of whoever was in the cockpit. He quietly opened the door, then carefully closed it to avoid waking Kairi.

Donald and Goofy turned around. King Mickey was nowhere to be seen. The change in light made Sora sleep. His eyes had already adjusted to seeing in the darkness of his bedroom. He looked around the room, as if he was lost.

“Sora, are you alright?” Goofy asked, concerned at Sora’s glassy, red eyes. “What’s wrong?” He began to undo the restraints on his seat to get up.

“Where’s King Mickey?” Sora asked, rudely ignoring Goofy’s concern. He wasn’t in the mood to talk.

“Asleep,” Donald snapped, angered by Sora’s uncharacteristic, unfounded rudeness towards Goofy.

“Oh,” Sora responded, rubbing his already irritated eyes again. “Then, where’s the bathroom?”

“Over there,” Goofy pointed to a door helpfully. Unlike Donald, Goofy understood that something was wrong, and that Sora obviously wasn’t up to talking about it. Plus, he was too sleepy to confront him about it.

“Thanks,” Sora nodded, pushing the bathroom door open.

The bathroom was incredibly small, it was almost like a cupboard, not a room. The floor and walls were covered in white porcelain tiles. The only other colour in the room was gold, used for small details. Sora took slow steps towards the white marble sink, partly because he was tired, and partly because his socks were slipping all over the tiled floor. He supported himself on the sink with both arms, looking forward into the mirror before him.

He barely recognised himself. His face was wet, stained with the tracks of his flowing tears. His eyes were bloodshot, tiny red veins tracing up to his strangely dull blue eyes. His hair was messy, all out of place after he’d nervously rubbed his hands through it many times. He looked absolutely dreadful, not like his usual self at all. His head felt like it would explode, all that crying had given him a pounding headache, swelling inside his skull.

Sora ran the cold water, filling up the sink. He knew that he’d be responsible for flying the Gummi Ship soon, so he needed to wake up, forget his dream. Cold water would invigorate him, hopefully freshen his senses. He splashed the icy water onto his face, cleaning himself, all the while thinking it over. He knew that the New Generation were only trying to throw his confidence, trying to put him off, but it was working. He felt awful. Afraid. Hurt. Angry. The dream had a huge effect on him, just like when Kairi had her dream, back at the Castle. Her vision. It got him thinking.

What if they weren’t just trying to scare him? What if they’d drawn Riku in?

Riku had been manipulated once before, it could easily happen again. Somehow, the voice in his head told him that this could be true. That it was possible. He thought back to the dream’s haunting words, about how Riku had told him to turn himself in. Maybe they were using his dreams to communicate with him. These days, anything was possible. He thought back again, to the man who’d slapped him. Sora raised one dribbling hand, stroked the side of his face.

Long black hair. Dressed all in black. Huge sword. Could it be? The man who’d destroyed Goofy’s room that night? The more Sora thought about this, the more it made sense, and the more he worried. He took a heavy breath. All done in the bathroom, he left, closing the door behind him silently.

He walked back through the cockpit, did not speak to Donald and Goofy, barely acknowledged their presence. They whirled around as they heard the bedroom door close, shocked. They hadn’t even noticed that Sora had walked through, he’d been so quiet.

Back in the quiet darkness of the bedroom, Sora slumped down onto the floor, his back against the bed. He sat alone in the dark, thinking of Riku. What if his dream was a message? What if Riku had been turned against him? Brainwashed? The fact that he didn’t know anything was what hurt him and frightened him the most. Again, his heart and his mind were conflicting within him. His mind told him that anything was possible, and Riku turning against him could be a possibility. Maybe all the time away had made Riku lose his faith in Sora. Still, his heart refused to believe this, reassuring Sora that his best friend could never abandon him this way, and that the New Generation were only trying to scare him into submission. Still, whether his dream was a message, or, in fact, just a dream, he couldn’t help getting himself upset over it all. Seeing his best friend turn against him, betray him, hurt him, and ultimately, kill him, was terrifying to him. The images replayed in his mind, the cruel laughter echoing inside him, the cold words never losing their meaning. Sora was slumped on the floor, absorbed in his own quiet contemplation. He jumped as he felt a single warm hand touch his cold skin. He heard another voice.

“Sora, what are you doing on the floor?” it asked again. It was Kairi, stood smiling down on him, covered in a warm sheet from the bed. “Take this, you’re freezing.” She removed herself, then wrapped Sora up in it, heating his cold body.

“Thanks,” he replied, huddled up in her arms as she embraced him. His arms were wrapped up, so he couldn’t hug her back.

“It’s really dark,” she said, pulling away from him. She stood up, walked over towards the door. She then flicked a light switch, flooding the room with a bright white glow. When she turned back to face him, she jumped. Transfixed on his face, she felt an instant urge to rush over.

“Sora,” she gasped, “what’s wrong?” She knelt on the floor before him, looked at his teary eyes. His face was white, making his eyes even more obvious. They were red, bloodshot, dull, glassy with pained tears, not the same happy, bright blue eyes she knew and loved. She could tell he’d been crying, which worried her. Sora wasn’t usually like this.

“Sora, what’s wrong?” she whispered, repeating herself, trying to get an answer from him.

hope it was worth the wait, the next chappy will be in the next few days :)
let me know what you think, if there's anything i could make better, let me know!

<3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back