• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hey everyone :)
Wow, it's great to be back! And at the rate all this chocolate's coming in I'll be too fat to type properly XD
Thanks for all the great comments and chocolate :) *hugs and kisses everyone*
I'd make you some cookies to say thanks but we all know I'm no cookie maker compared to L337 ^-^
You guys are awesome!

Chapter Thirty-Three

Kairi put one hand forward to touch his emotionless face. He looked back into her caring blue eyes, took a moment to think. Maybe it would be kinder not to tell her about it. After all, she’d admitted herself that she got scared easily. She would end up being just as worried and afraid as he was, which was the last thing he’d ever want. He wouldn’t wish this pain onto his worst enemy. Plus, she had more free time for her thoughts to torment her, as they did to him. At least he could take his mind off this while he was piloting the Gummi Ship. She would have to deal with it. True, it meant he’d have to lie to Kairi, the most important person in his life, but sometimes, cruelty was the only way to be kind. He avoided her gaze.

“Nothing,” his deceitful words were quiet, “I just had a bad night, I’ll be fine.” Ashamed, feeling guilty, instantly regretting his words, he continued to avoid her eyes. Kairi screwed up her face in doubt, unconvinced. She knew Sora wasn’t so good at expressing his emotions, feelings, hopes and fears. There was no doubt in her mind that he was lying to her for some unknown reason.

“Well, ok then,” she stood up again after giving him another hug to reassure him. She knew something was wrong, but assumed he was still worried about Riku, Square-One and the New Generation. She knew Sora would take a while to come around, to eventually explain it all to her. She couldn‘t help feeling upset. He had lied to her, despite everything he‘d ever said to her. She hid her emotions from him. “I’ll be back soon.” Her words were without tone, emotionless and bland. She turned to leave, closed the door behind her.

Sora followed a few minutes later, wiping fresh tears from his guilty blue eyes. He quietly sat down at the back of the cockpit, knowing he would soon be flying it. King Mickey greeted him cheerfully.

“Hello, Sora,” he smiled. “How are you?”

“Fine,” Sora snapped back, not even looking up at him to reply politely. King Mickey was insulted, but rather than scold him, he simply nodded his head. Everyone else must have told King Mickey about Sora’s ‘foul mood’. The King noticed that he was sat without his shirt.

“Oh, I almost forgot, I brought some extra clothes for you,” he said suddenly, rummaging around next to him. “I thought your other outfit could do with a wash.”

“Thanks,” Sora nodded, this time looking up at King Mickey. “I guess I should go change.”

“No problem,” the King smiled again, handing Sora a bundle of clothes. Sora left the cockpit for the bedroom. It took him a few minutes to get changed. When he returned, Kairi was stood talking to King Mickey, her red hair dripping wet. She stared at Sora, walking back into the bedroom, also clutching some clothes. Sora faced the King, who looked him up and down. The ‘new outfit’ was, in fact, just a plain white vest and some dark blue long shorts, with pockets all over the place. Not that he had anything to put into them.

“I know it’s plain,” King Mickey went on, “but I thought it would do for being on the Gummi Ship. Oh, and Kairi offered to clean your regular clothes for you.” Sora nodded.

“Ok, thanks,” he said quietly. At that point, Donald and Goofy got up, giving King Mickey a nod when Sora wasn’t looking.

“It’s all yours,” Donald smiled, leaving the cockpit with Goofy. Sora and King Mickey were left alone. Sora sat down in the pilot’s seat, and began to fasten the many restraints and seatbelts. He awkwardly held the controls. It had been a while since he’d done this.

“Sora,” the King sat himself in the seat beside Sora, also fastened the seatbelts and restraints. “What’s going on? As soon as I got in here, Goofy was ranting and raving about how there was something wrong with you, and I won’t even repeat what Donald said about you. Kairi’s out of her mind worrying about you, she was shaking when I saw her. Is there anything wrong?” Sora sat quietly, his eyes focused straight forward, his sweaty, nervous hands grasping the controls.

“Come on, Sora,” King Mickey sighed, frustrated at Sora’s stubborn silence. “You can trust me with this, you know you can.” He traced his fingers along his control panel, trying to rid himself of his frustration, trying to keep his temper. This hadn’t been a good start to their journey.

Sora thought about it. Perhaps King Mickey could help. Another opinion on the matter could shed some light on the situation, provide some insight. Sora knew he was in no state to decide anything on his own, his heart and mind in a head-on collision, his thoughts and memories torturing him constantly. He still decided to remain quiet about it, after all, he didn’t want to worry King Mickey if it was only a dream. The King waited a little while. Nothing.

“Sora,” he sighed, hanging his head, “you have no idea how worried we all are about you. Poor Kairi’s terrified, she has no idea what’s going on here. This is a confined space, Sora, so whether you like it or not, you’re going to have to cheer up.” Sora sat quietly, listening to King Mickey’s ‘lecture’. It was like being at home, getting into trouble with his parents. “Seriously, one person’s bad mood can have an effect on the whole atmosphere in here. Everyone feels like they have to walk carefully around you, not say or do anything to anger you further. Don’t act like you’re the only one who’s ever been in a bad mood.” Sora still said nothing, much to King Mickey’s dismay. “Sora, I know you think I’m only trying to bug you. I know you’re worried about Riku. You need to open up. Let someone know what’s wrong. I know this is tough, but -” King Mickey stopped mid-sentence, seeing Sora open his mouth to speak. He anticipated his words.

“No,” Sora’s words were a whisper. “You don’t know.”

Hope you all like it!
I wrote out another 6 chapters while I was away, expect to see them over the next few days.
Comments are always appreciated!
Hugs and Kisses for you all.

<3 <3

Squall18

I just read the first seven chapters of your story...BRILLIANT!:)
I've been sitting at the computer too long, I'm getting a headache so I'm off to listen to Q.O.T.S.A. and have a smoke.
I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your story though.:)

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey everyone :) sorry for being offline for so long. When my dad got back early, he failed to mention he'd be going away again the next day, so I didn't have the laptop. Again.

Thanks Squall ^-^ Happy you like my fanfic!

Not sure what happened while I was away... *reads previous posts* :confused: Anywhom, here's another chapter for you guys.

Chapter Thirty-Four

King Mickey was taken aback by Sora’s words.

“What do you mean?” he asked, partly astounded by Sora’s unusual rudeness, partly anticipating what he’d say next.

“I…” Sora stuttered. He’d decided enough was enough. He’d open up, but only for Kairi’s sake. He hadn’t realised that she’d been so affected by this. Plus, his bottled emotions were building up inside him. His pain, his anger, his anguish, all his emotions eating away at his heart, his mind, his conscience. He had to set his hurt free, it was too much to contain inside for much longer, simply too much to bear. “I… had a dream.”

“A dream?” King Mickey was puzzled. Sora’s mood had been caused by just a dream? “What, you mean like Kairi’s dream? Like a vision?”

“Yeah,” Sora nodded slowly. “About Riku.” Sora then proceeded to tell King Mickey about his dream. Slowly but surely, he described every detail, every word, every breath. King Mickey sat quietly, receptive, captivated by his every word, staring out blankly into the starry emptiness before him.

“Oh, Sora,” King Mickey slumped down in his seat, scratched his neck nervously. “Don’t let them do this to you.” He had absorbed all of Sora’s words, had completely decided in an instant that it was another attempt to manipulate him, sent by the New Generation. Still, he understood why Sora had been so shaken by it. Riku was a huge part of Sora’s life, his best friend, and to witness something like that coming from his best friend, of all people, must have been heartbreaking. He even had to wipe flowing tears from his eyes as he described it all, in great detail, to an immensely sympathetic King Mickey.

“Sora, I think they were trying to send you a message,” King Mickey concluded, “but still trying to scare you into giving in at the same time, by making it so terrifying, twisted and powerful.”

“Yeah,” Sora nodded, his shaky hands still curled around the pilot’s controls. He waited a few moments in the silence that followed. He took the King’s words into account. Something still had to be answered. The most important issue brought up by his horrible dream. “So… you don’t think Riku has joined them?”

King Mickey sat in an unusual hesitation. He seemed suspiciously quiet. After snapping out of his silent thought that lasted quite a while, he replied.

“I don’t know,” King Mickey mused, distant, stroking his brow. “I don’t want to rule anything out at this point, Sora, just in case. You never know, anything is possible now.” He seemed cautious, unsure around the issue.

“I know,” Sora replied, quiet, still facing forward. He understood that it could have already happened. “I just…” He took a deep breath, the pain making his insides heavy. “It scares me more than anything else, it hurts so much to even think about it.” A single shining tear rolled down his cheek, but he made no effort to stop it. It traced down to his chin, then dripped onto his shirt. He had opened up so much more. Now he wasn’t afraid to let King Mickey know how he was feeling inside. This had relieved him a little, but it was clear to the King that he was still upset by it all, and the pain probably wasn’t going to leave until he’d found Riku. There was nothing anyone could do, nothing anyone could say to make Sora feel any better about it all. His mood probably wouldn’t improve, much to King Mickey’s disappointment.

The King sighed heavily, reached into his pocket. He stole a quick glance at Sora.

“There’s something else,” he said gingerly. “Something I think you need to see.” He pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket, held it with shaking hands. “I know this isn’t the best time, for which I apologise. I wanted you to see this last night, but I didn’t think you were in the right state of mind. Then again, you’re in a worse one now. Given the circumstances, I think you need to see this. I can’t hide from you any longer.” His sentences were rapid, fired out at different intervals due to his sheer nervousness.

“What?” Sora took his first look at King Mickey, desperate to find out, jumping to the conclusion that it was about Riku. The pain swelled in the pit of his stomach, partially due to nervousness, partially due to anticipation, partly due to fear. He cleared his mind, tried to keep in a neutral mindset. This could be anything, he reminded himself. He had to remain positive, regardless of how negative and hopeless he felt. He couldn’t wait to find out what King Mickey was talking about.

“Here,” the King handed the folded paper to Sora. “Change pilot, I’ll take over while you read it.” Sora nodded, pressed a sequence of buttons. A light above his control panel went off. The corresponding light on King Mickey’s side lit up.

Before he’d read a word, or even unfolded the paper, Sora knew it was from the New Generation. It had the same burnt edges, the same yellowed crumpled paper, the same smell of smoke. Sora fell back into his chair, got comfortable before reading it. Part of him felt too nervous to read it, was dreading those fateful words. King Mickey had given him many hints, but hadn’t answered his question properly. Sora’s heart sank. What if the message had something to do with his dream? Something to do with the mysterious enigma surrounding Riku? He hoped with all his heart that it didn’t. He didn’t know if he could take this, he already had too much to bear inside him. Regardless of what it said, Sora was still worried, his hands shaking, dreading the possible worst outcome. He took a deep, brave breath, and slowly unfolded the paper, his eyes tightly shut.

He opened his eyes again once he was done, found the words before him. He read the first line, quivering.

“You’re too late.”

Major cliffy there ^-^ Hope you can wait for the next one.
*Hands out "I'm Sorry" cookies for lateness*
CC is always appreciated!

<3 <3

EDIT: What's with the stars? I wasn't swearing there, it's a common metaphor. But I'll change it anyway, just in case anyone misunderstands. It wasn't intended to be offensive or even a swear.

Last edited:

IchigoNeko

Write.More.Now. Pretty please with cookies on top? *finds cookies, puts them on top of a sundae and gives to snowdog*

I'm a new fan, by the way. Hiya.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey everyone :) I knew you guys would hate that cliffy!
Hi IchigoNeko, thanks for reading my fanfic ^-^ I'm glad you like it!
Thanks L337, thanks Sorasheart!
Ok then, I suppose I should let you know what it said :)

Chapter Thirty-Five

Sora took a moment to think, absorb the information, ran through all the possible outcomes, trying not to let his emotions become involved. He then continued to read, wanting more details.

“Riku is one of us now. He has tired of waiting for your pathetic ‘rescue’ attempt. A real friend would have found him by now. We know you’re coming to Square-One, intending to find us. We know you want to find him, hear this for yourself. Don’t kid yourself. Find us when you reach Square-One. Turn the Keyblade wielder in to us. Why fight when you know you won’t win? Save yourself the trouble.”

Sora sunk back into the seat, his head filled with quiet contemplation. He tried his hardest to block his emotions out, think about the situation logically. He knew there was no point in simply getting upset again, it would cancel out the progress he’d made previously with King Mickey. The letter sounded suspiciously like his dream.

“When did you get this?” Sora asked quietly, looking straight at the sheepish King Mickey.

“Yesterday,” he confessed, “back at Disney Castle. It just appeared out of nowhere, just before the storm.” Sora nodded.

Maybe the dream and the message were a combined attempt from the New Generation to convince him to turn himself in. Perhaps it was all a cleverly concocted lie attempting to mess with his mind. Perhaps Riku hadn’t joined them. His heart told him that Riku would never do that. Sora decided that he’d try not to think about it too much, he’d try to block it from his already troubled mind. There was no point in worrying about something that might not even be true, and there was no way of knowing its authenticity until he saw Riku for himself. That would be days away. Rather than worry himself further, he told himself to calm down, wait until they’d reached Square-One to make any assumptions. His new-found rational thinking eased his pain, eased his worries about Riku. It gave his frantic mind a rest.

“So what do you think?” he asked King Mickey.

“I don’t know,” the King went on quietly. “I’m going to wait until I’ve seen Riku myself before believing this. I think you should try to do that too.” Sora nodded.

“I guess you’re right,” he continued. “I can’t wait to see Riku, and find out what’s going on.”

They heard a door open. Sora, still not controlling the Gummi Ship, turned around. Kairi stood before him, holding a pile of dirty clothes in her tiny arms, dressed in a new outfit. A simple white dress, decorated with pink stitching, her long red hair tied back, up off her face.

“I’m not interrupting anything, am I?” she blushed. “I was just going to wash these.”

“No,” Sora smiled, “go ahead.” He gave her a smile, showed her that he was alright now. Unusually, she did not return this gesture. She merely turned, walked off towards the bathroom.

“See you later,” she mumbled, closing the door while balancing the dirty clothes in one arm, trying not to drop anything.

Sora felt a wave of guilt wash over him, remembering that he’d lied to Kairi earlier. His heart grew heavy. He pressed the sequence of buttons, made himself the pilot.

“I’ll take over,” he stated. King Mickey nodded, lay back in the chair, releasing his grip on the controls. His light went out. He sank into the chair, played with the restraints.

“You nervous?” Sora asked, trying to take his mind off Kairi until he could see her. However, this particular topic came totally out of the blue to King Mickey.

“What?” he asked, puzzled.

“You know, Square-One, the New Generation, that kinda stuff,” Sora’s blue eyes looked out into the empty space they were rocketing through.

“A little,” he responded after a few moments of thought, “It’s the fact I’ve never heard of them, or been to Square-One before. It’s like… taking a leap into obscurity. The unknown. The darkness.”

“Yeah,” Sora nodded. “Kinda the unfamiliarity of it all.” They continued on this topic for the remaining piloting hours, sharing their hopes and fears of what their destination would bring for them. Kairi periodically passed through the cockpit, eavesdropping as she went, hoping for some insight. From the thumps and clinking noises coming from the bedroom, it was obvious that she was practising her swordplay to pass the time. In the final hour of flying, they were joined by Goofy, then Donald, much later on. They eventually took over. King Mickey instantly left and went away into his room. Sora stayed a while, apologised for his earlier rudeness towards them. He then left to his room, to see Kairi.

Hope you all like it, I should have the next chappy up in a day or so.
Criticism is appreciated, both good and bad!

<3 <3

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know where DD is? Haven't spoke in a while...

Grand_King

Hey everyone I'm back. I just came back from my uncles funeral. Oh and nice chappys. Oh and Snowdog the story is getting greater, but i think its about time for Sora and Kairi to have a love scene. *Starts imagining how Kairi would look naked and starts to get hard.*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back