• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First English KH3D Screenshots!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Wielder

Awards
This has made my week! =D I have to say, I wasn't planning on nicknaming any of my Dream Eaters, but Meow Wow is definitely going back to Wondernyan. Escarglow sounds pretty good, though. It'll be interesting to see what they name some of the other ones... Anyway, it's starting to really feel like we're getting closer to the release. This is very exciting, so thanks Master Spockanort!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think the reason we don't like most of them isn't just because they sound odd, but if you look at how Pokemon's names are translated, the name is a mix of some of the traits the Pokemon is (Charmander = Char + Salamander; Sandile = Crocodile + Sand). The only name on that list that is close to that is Escarglow (I bet Nintendo would've used that if they made a Lightning snail). However, the rest of them are just translations of the Jap. one are there isn't much creativity to some of them in my opinion. It like if Nintendo named Squirtle "Squirt Turtle" or Charmander "Char Salamander"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the reason we don't like most of them isn't just because they sound odd, but if you look at how Pokemon's names are translated, the name is a mix of some of the traits the Pokemon is (Charmander = Char + Salamander; Sandile = Crocodile + Sand). The only name on that list that is close to that is Escarglow (I bet Nintendo would've used that if they made a Lightning snail). However, the rest of them are just translations of the Jap. one are there isn't much creativity to some of them in my opinion. It like if Nintendo named Squirtle "Squirt Turtle" or Charmander "Char Salamander"

They're not even translations. Because last time I checked Komory Bat does not mean "Koumori Bat" when that says Bat-Bat. Or Me Me Bunny does not mean "Mimi Bunny" meaning Ear Bunny. :| It's just gibberish.

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Isn't Squirtle a mix of squirrel and turtle?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm hoping the Japanese text is accessible/still embedded inside the game although seems unlikely. If so, I would rename them to their official Japanese names.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I like that these screens give a more accurate representation of the actual graphics in-game than a lot of the Japanese magazine scans tended to. They're still pretty.

I don't understand why they changed any of the names for the Dream Eaters. It's not like they've changed the names of Sora, Riku and Kairi. And it's not like there won't be enough recognizable Western material (i.e. everything Disney) that a cast of Dream Eaters with Japanese names would alienate an English speaking audience. Besides, the Dream Eater names were...well, they were what they were as is, which was not exactly what I would call genius...but really? Meow Meow? Frog Chef? The cheap Pokemon rip-off factor has just been reinforced ten-fold.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I like that these screens give a more accurate representation of the actual graphics in-game than a lot of the Japanese magazine scans tended to. They're still pretty.

I don't understand why they changed any of the names for the Dream Eaters. It's not like they've changed the names of Sora, Riku and Kairi. And it's not like there won't be enough recognizable Western material (i.e. everything Disney) that a cast of Dream Eaters with Japanese names would alienate an English speaking audience. Besides, the Dream Eater names were...well, they were what they were as is, which was not exactly what I would call genius...but really? Meow Meow? Frog Chef? The cheap Pokemon rip-off factor has just been reinforced ten-fold.

No that's an insult to Pokemon. At least Pokemon had good English names. The only name here that I like is Escarglow.

MasterZeR0

I need to figure out which one's name is going to be Master Swagganort. It needs to be deserving of the name though, definitely not Wondernyan.

That awesome dragon thing. Or Bone-To-Be-Wild. (btw, great to see people are still using "Swagganort", I came up with it! xD)
Not sure if the dream eaters I listed are spoilers, and I don't care.

How has nobody criticized the name "Peepsta Hoo" yet? That's godawful.

I'm naming all of my DEs Zo, my nickname. A party of Zos, that's what I'm talking about.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I'm not sure that "364p with horrible JPEG compression" is any more accurate in terms of image quality than "16x AA and AF with tesselation," to be honest.

"Accurate" looks like this:
Characters4.jpg

Somewhat pixelated, but not as eyeball-burning as the messed-up English images. =P

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Anyone want to try to come up with better pun-names for the Dream Eaters that aren't Escarglow? =3

Here's my attempt:

Meow Wow = Magnificat/Magnifikitty
Chef Kyroo = Royal Chef (...or some kind of Princess and the Frog reference! XD)
Jestabocky = Jespecter
Char Clawbster = Flarestacean
Me Me Bunny = Bunnear (...is this too close to a Pokemon name? I get the feeling it is, but I only know the first 250 or so)
Peepsta Hoo = Owlook

(Yeah, they're pretty bad, but, what the heck!)

KevVentus

^Yes, Bunneary is from generation IV, but there's no reason you can't use the name anyways : )

I agree. I was expecting the names to be clever, but they're just... names. Oh well. These are only just a hand fold. And they have a relatively successful track record in naming enemies with the Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed.

And if anyone's actually concerned about the graphics in-game, I'm positive they will look great once the game's in your hands

The only name I got so far is Hopsalot for a frog dream eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back