• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Firefox Help.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
I usually store my passwords in FireFox so I dont have to login every day- I'm automatically logged in. It worked great until today, now I can't seem to store any passwords at all. (I'm the only one who uses my comp, so its not a prob). My problem is that FireFox isn't letting me store passwords anymore and I don't know why. I searched the controls/options in FireFox but I can't find the answer. Every time I click "Remember me" FireFox never remembers and I have to log in again.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

SSLaertes

Seeker of Darkness
Lol yeah you will lose all your bookmarks
I would recommend writing the urls down before reinstalling.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Tools > Options > Security: Show Passwords. Make it so that you can see the passwords for each site/account you have. If passwords are showing up, skip the next step. If not, continue reading.

Tools > Options > Security: Passwords. Check "Remember passwords for sites"

Now try a site. Remember to check the "Show Passwords". Still not working? Keep reading.

That doesn't work. Clear all your cookies. Tools > Clear Private Data: Make sure Cookies and Saved Passwords are checked.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
My tools > Options is diff from yours..
The closest thing to what you said is:

Tools > Options > Saved Form Information > Save information when I enter forms in the Search Bar (checked)
(There is no Security

I still can't save passwords.

Last edited:

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
I think I fixed it. I'm somehow logged in even though I just now turned on my comp.

I don't know how I did it though, just continued to mess with the settings.

and TM, you mean I'm not using the latest version of firefox?

If its anything like IE: 7, I don't want it. IE: 7 is the worst browser invented and thankfully I was able to get rid of it WITHOUT reinstalling Windows. It was majorly slow, looked ugly, and didnt even work for some webpages, and unfortunately my college webpage didn't even work with IE: 7.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
I'm late but, if you want a back up of all your bookmarks go to:

Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks/Bookmarks Manager(A window should pop up) > File > Export

Than select a place for it will be saved.

This will create a web page with all you bookmark and the links to there URLs.

This is a good method if you are reformatting you computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back