• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fire Emblem | The Three Houses | Spring 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Giving Fire Emblem Fates Birthright a run. Chose the Hoshido path, even though I felt a tad more attached to the Norhs.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
FE Warriors Special Edition:
dims

Recon

Art of War
Awards
FE Warriors Intro Trailer

[video=youtube;G6p7iR5fWds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6p7iR5fWds[/video]

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
FE Warriors Intro Trailer

[video=youtube;G6p7iR5fWds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6p7iR5fWds[/video]
Still can't get over Lissa with an axe, lol nuns with axes

Anyway, seems like there'll be more character reveals for TGS 2017, I'm personally hoping to see Minerva, Jeorge, Michalis, and/or the Whitewings (Palla) if they're going to reveal SD characters. I'd be very surprised if Azura doesn't get a reveal, as she's practically the face of FE14.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Still can't get over Lissa with an axe, lol nuns with axes

This IS rather amusing. The weapon of choice and her size makes it quite comical. But, to be fair, a staff wouldn't really be much of a weapon.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
FIRE EMBLEM Warriors >>> Hyrule Warriors
#ChangeMyMind

This is honestly the engine that subsequent Warrior games should utilize. I like the assist system a lot, and it's VERY similar to Dissidia 012's Assist System. I can honestly see a FINAL FANTASY/Dissidia Warriors game with FE Warriors' engine. I hope that, if it ever comes out, Hyrule Warriors 2 utilizes this engine. DO YOU IMAGINE HOW COOL IT WOULD BE TO SEE GANON ASSIST LINK?!?!?! :eek:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
FIRE EMBLEM Warriors >>> Hyrule Warriors
#ChangeMyMind

-HW has more than 10 movesets between it's characters. Seriously, did Sakurai work on FEW or something?

-Said movesets have more "flavor" to to them, with many containing multiple nods & references to Zelda's past (IE Great Fairy doing the tennis match sctick with Link, Sand Wand summoning the ST train, Zant & Ghirahim having the same attacks as when they were bosses, Ganondorf with Demise's lightning). FEW movesets are fairly generic par for the course by Musou standards.

-Similarly, the Zelda universe lends itself to better environments. The Skyward Sword & Wind Waker battlefields especially stand out.

-FEW has like 2 types of armies in the whole game & the monster army is fought far less than the constant palette swapped humans. At least thrown in risen and/or bandits.

-The giant bosses add some variety to the fighting as well, especially with the light puzzle element to them. FEW could've used more than one of those.

-The story sucked in FEW. Just how many misunderstandings or mind control did we knew. There's little actually progression in the narrative until the endgame. before that it's all "here's some new characters to fight & then recruit" over & over. At least HW waited until the final level to start jumping the shark (ok, negating the triforce's effects by removing a giant sword from the castle is pretty dumb I'll admit)

-Every track is another remix of the same damn theme song.

-Zelda Waifus>FE waifus. Heck, Marin>all FE waifus. Fight me.

Basically overall FEW is much more monotonous & bland than HW in virtually every aspect except for a few mechanics that'll probably be in HW2 anyway.

This is honestly the engine that subsequent Warrior games should utilize. I like the assist system a lot, and it's VERY similar to Dissidia 012's Assist System. I can honestly see a FINAL FANTASY/Dissidia Warriors game with FE Warriors' engine. I hope that, if it ever comes out, Hyrule Warriors 2 utilizes this engine. DO YOU IMAGINE HOW COOL IT WOULD BE TO SEE GANON ASSIST LINK?!?!?! :eek:

Why is it always FF that I see people suggesting get the Warriors treatment?

[video=youtube;bmyJSMmB7ag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmyJSMmB7ag[/video]

Does this not lend itself far more to a Warriors style than FF?

Also, Power Rangers Warriors, Mario Warriors, Marvel Warriors, Lord of the Rings Warri-wait scratch that: LEGO Lord of the Ring Warriors!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
-HW has more than 10 movesets between it's characters.
I meant in some departments, not overall, haha. Sorry, should have been more specific.

Seriously, did Sakurai work on FEW or something?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Said movesets have more "flavor" to to them, with many containing multiple nods & references to Zelda's past (IE Great Fairy doing the tennis match sctick with Link, Sand Wand summoning the ST train, Zant & Ghirahim having the same attacks as when they were bosses, Ganondorf with Demise's lightning). FEW movesets are fairly generic par for the course by Musou standards.
I mean, you can't get as detailed with FE as with Zelda. There isn't much to reference from FE, seeing as how it's all basic weapons. Not defending FE Warriors on this area, but Hyrule Warriors does make a better job at this. Also, the Assist System is the closest we got to xtra movets.

-Similarly, the Zelda universe lends itself to better environments. The Skyward Sword & Wind Waker battlefields especially stand out.
Yes. The levels aren't as created as they can be, but I am personally so engrossed in the battle and character swapping that I don't notice, in my particular case.

-FEW has like 2 types of armies in the whole game & the monster army is fought far less than the constant palette swapped humans. At least thrown in risen and/or bandits.
Yes. This is something I hate about the game. The enemy characters aren't unique. With Hyrule Warriors, you had a wide variety of enemies, and they were separated from basic goons, to an upper level goon. Not only that, but enemy models in FE Warriors feel like they were done at the lost hour. Their resolution is even different from the rest of the crew.

-The story sucked in FEW. Just how many misunderstandings or mind control did we knew. There's little actually progression in the narrative until the endgame. before that it's all "here's some new characters to fight & then recruit" over & over. At least HW waited until the final level to start jumping the shark (ok, negating the triforce's effects by removing a giant sword from the castle is pretty dumb I'll admit)
Yeah, this is true. I found it very extra that Frederick arranged an entire chapter just to defeat and recruit him. Like really?

-Every track is another remix of the same damn theme song.
I haven't been paying attention to the songs, haha.

Basically overall FEW is much more monotonous & bland than HW in virtually every aspect except for a few mechanics that'll probably be in HW2 anyway.
I mean, I AM enjoying the game, but yeah, it doesn't feel as inspired as HW. And I'll definitely get all over HW2 if it happens, and if it has FEW mechanics.

Why is it always FF that I see people suggesting get the Warriors treatment?
HEY! I first started suggesting KH Warriors even before FE, hahaha. Even KH Dissidia and Theatrerhythm.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I would prefer Mario Warriors and then do a Smash Warriors. Smash Warriors has the potential to be a game that can be supported with DLC for YEARS.
---

To be honest, I don't see a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 on the horizons. More like a Hyrule Warriors 2 with whatever FE Warriors did right, like the smoother and more fast paced combat, and the Assist system.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Finished FE Warrios' Story Mode. I've changed my mind. Hyrule Warriors is a better execution of one of Nintendo's IPs mixed with Dynasty Warriors. Even though FEW is a much more fast-paced experience, and the Dual system is awesome, the game is only enjoyable up until the first five chapters. After that, it's all a chore. Also, there are so many characters, that it's kinda difficult for the narrative to focus on anyone in particular. I think the character that got the most developmetn was Darios, and I think the circumstances surriounding him are stupid. I mean, really? Do you guys not notice the dark aura around him and the change of brown eyes, to red ones? He's obviously possessed.

The way I would have written the game, was for the Hoshidans and Nohrians to be at their fateful encounter, Corrin tries to stop them, and then the war is interrupted by the Chaos Dragon. Corrin, Ryoma and Xander, alongside a couple of their troops, are thrown into a forest, where they are found by Chrom and the gang, and they confuse each other as enemies, and this is our tutorial battle. Yes, I would have ditched the original aspects of FEW and used the Fates Lords as the protagonists. It's the most recent FE entry, and it's better than the protagonists we got. I liked them, but they were too generic.

And speaking of villains, it was pretty stupid to have casually used some characters from Fates and just throw them out like that (I'm looking at you, Niles and Iago). Again, there are just so many characters, that they didn't know what to do with them. And the reason behind the Fates character encounters are stupid: "it was all a big misunderstanding, ahyuck". FOR THE GOD'S SAKE! It got tiring of THREE straight chapters with Hoshido, and then with the Nohrs. I mean, I get that they needed a build-up to recreate the Fates' war encounter, but this could have been resolved by making a smaller one. I mean, I thought this was Fire Emblem Warriors, not Fire Emblem Fates Warriors. And this is a gripe a lot of the players had: the overrepresentation of the Fates cast. Like, I get that FE Fates is a game that had two to three versions, but they could have summarized the Fates cast with Ryoma, Corrin and Xander. Oh, too many sword wielders? Well, you could have even more Lords that weren't sword wielders like Hector and Ephraim.

Do I regret buying the game? Nah. Just that it's a good game, but can get boring quick. I'm trying to find it in my interest to clear History Mode. I don't see myself maxing any characters.

Perkilator

Awards
Hey, guys, I was thinking…how do you see Henry from Awakening interacting with the playable characters from Shadows of Valentia? You can have a long description with a few characters or all the playable characters in a brief description. It’s up to you.

Soldier

Awards
You know what Ballad? I'm joining you on that. Hyrule warriors is a much better execution. I hated how there were SO many clones and so few representatives from other games aside from the big three, Seriously, WHY couldn't we get Tobin, Alm Ike or hell, even NOMAH from echoes? the story was predictable, i knew who was going to die, when it happened, and how it would all end before it did. And don't get me started on history mode, i swear i played on the greenleaf stage 29 times in the first 2 maps for what? a different costume for Robin and Corrin? what's on the horizon? a marth clone that should clearly have a different moveset involving fire and swords? or a Ryoma wannabe that you need to get DLC for? And the spear fighters, if you want to have a infantry unit, be prepared to shell out MORE MONEY just for them. As opposed to hyrule warriors, which was at least generous in giving you characters that provide different movesets to be useful to you.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If they ever make Fire Emble Warriors 2, whic I doubt they will, they should make it with Hyrule Warriors in mind. If not, then just use whatever elements you introduced in FE Warriors and migrate them to HW2.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
[video=youtube;OmbxSMGd1Uk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmbxSMGd1Uk[/video]

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I thought the animation was good, but this type of large scale battle turns me off. Way too much going on in my opinion.

Pokie

I hope that this has "noob friendly mode " with it, like all the 3DS games do, but it sounds like it's fully going back to original, old style Fire Emblem. " One misstep and we all fall ".

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If you've been meaning to give Fire Emblem Heroes a try, but haven't done so because your phone's memory is too occupied, then Nintendo has good news for you:

Fire Emblem Heroes launches 'Lite' version in next monthly update

Apparently, the game will be 75% smaller, which is why they're calling it the "Lite" version, hehe.

From a Business Administration point of view, it's kind of a good move. It really widens their audience a lot. Especially now that the new FE game for Switch is a couple of months away. But man. Nintendo has been really stepping their game up with FE as an IP. Guess we've got Awakening to thank for that, seeing as how it was developed as the last FE game, yet, it really put the series up to where it is right now.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Is it really a good move though? I mean most smart phones are now 32GB as a standard. Why make the game smaller? The game isn't even all that big. I just feel like it's reaching out to a niche audience.

Back