• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fire Emblem | The Three Houses | Spring 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Re: Fire Emblem Awakening

Should I give this game a try? it would be a first for me, and I don't know if I would like this kind of game.

State

Awards

Should I give this game a try? it would be a first for me, and I don't know if I would like this kind of game.

It's a turn-based, strategy-RPG; you have a turn for yourself, a turn for your enemies and, rarely, a turn for wild cards (neither enemy nor friend units). Think of FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FFT Advance, FFT A2, ADVANCE WARS, AW2, AW Double Strike and AW Days of Ruin; you take your turn, move an unit X amount of spaces to Y direction and choose to wait or attack an enemy soldier. If you didn't understand, watch videos on YOUTUBE.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Currently playing Sacred Stones on my 3DS to get a feel for the series. Looking at other games in the series, are they all connected to each other? Or does each game have a individual story with little to no connection to the others besides the same characters and so forth? Just a new Fire Emblem player as well :p

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

It's a turn-based, strategy-RPG; you have a turn for yourself, a turn for your enemies and, rarely, a turn for wild cards (neither enemy nor friend units). Think of FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FFT Advance, FFT A2, ADVANCE WARS, AW2, AW Double Strike and AW Days of Ruin; you take your turn, move an unit X amount of spaces to Y direction and choose to wait or attack an enemy soldier. If you didn't understand, watch videos on YOUTUBE.

Thanks Seraph buddy :) one last question do your characters gain EXP to grow levels?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Currently playing Sacred Stones on my 3DS to get a feel for the series. Looking at other games in the series, are they all connected to each other? Or does each game have a individual story with little to no connection to the others besides the same characters and so forth? Just a new Fire Emblem player as well :p

All different stories, except the Gamecube version (Path of Radiance) and the Wii game, which is a sequel to the Gamecube game. Or I should say, these are the only connected FE stories that I know of.

Thanks Seraph buddy :) one last question do your characters gain EXP to grow levels?

Yes. Not only that but their class 'evolve' at a certain point as well, making them more versatile fighters.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

Thanks KMR :) haha this game looks pretty fun and I like the idea of DLC with having Roy and Marth as playable characters.

State

Awards

@king_mickey rule: You forgot about FIRE EMBLEMs Blazing Sword and Sword of Seals; they share a single story, but in different times.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

Most of the FE games are technically in the same universe, but there is never really a need to play previous games, even with the games that directly follow each other. Most games are divided up by what continent they take place on, but it's been hinted, and in some cases confirmed, over the years that many/all are in the same universe at varying places/times. Here are the continents and games:

Archanea:
Shadow Dragon -> Gaiden (technically in Valencia) -> Heroes of Light and Shadow ----(very long time)-----> Awakening

Jugdral:
Geneology of the Holy War <-> Thracia 776 (takes place in the middle of GotHW)

Elibe:
Blazing Sword -> Sword of Seals

Tellius:
Path of Radiance -> Radiant Dawn

The Tellius games and initial Archanea games happen at somewhat similar times, on different continents, but are unrelated story-wise. I believe it was confirmed somewhere that Jugdral and Archanea are in the same world, and some people have theorized that the the world on the other side of the dragon gate in Blazing Sword is actually Archanea. Magvel is the only one with no connections, that I know of.

To answer your question, though: no. There's no need to play past games. From what I've heard/seen of the Japanese game, Awakening makes tiny hints that players of past games will appreciate, like characters being related to past characters, but none of it is important.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

This will be my top favorite game for the 3DS this year so far, even though I never played one of these games before. The more trailers/gameplay I watch the more I like it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Thank you very much for the explanations king_mickey rule and Ragnell. The game hasn't been too hard so far. I have never been into strategy turn-based games, but if at first you don't succeed Mr. Kidd. Try, try again Mr. Wint.

I'd also like to note that Fire Emblem: Awakening will be available as both a physical and digital version.

Box Art

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

why can't February 4th come already! lol I'm getting so anxious right now! haha. Even though this is my first fire emblem game I think I'll be happy with it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

PR

Downloadable Content Leeps the Epic Adventure of Fire Emblem Awakening Burning Bright

Nintendo has revealed new information about Fire Emblem Awakening, launching exclusively for Nintendo 3DS on Feb. 4. The story of Fire Emblem Awakening begins in the kingdom of Ylisse and centers on Lord Chrom, the brother of Ylisse's Holy Ruler. Chrom leads the Shepherds, a band of soldiers who defend the borders of Ylisse from Plegian bandits. Players create a custom avatar and play as Chrom's right-hand man who is deeply ingrained in the main storyline. In addition to an immersive storyline, Fire Emblem Awakening keeps the adventure going with StreetPass and SpotPass functionality, as well as downloadable content available for purchase. Newly revealed information includes the following:

Downloadable Content

Maps will be available to purchase and download starting on launch day, and others will be distributed regularly. The first downloadable map will be available for free for a limited time only and will serve as an introduction to the steady weekly stream of additional maps. The additional maps will be offered at different price points. Players with a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening and a broadband Internet connection will be able to access the downloadable content through the Outrealm Gate located on the in-game world map, which will be unlocked after the player completes the fifth mission in the main story mode. The content will include additional information about new class types, skills, playable characters, maps with new storylines and special maps that let players earn more experience points, gold or other rare items.

SpotPass

In addition to content that can be purchased from within the game, Nintendo will also distribute new content via SpotPass for free. SpotPass content will be distributed in the launch time frame and will feature new maps with new storylines, characters and items.

StreetPass

Fire Emblem Awakening players can set up a StreetPass Team and exchange certain game data with other players. The StreetPass Team is made up of 10 units from an existing team in story mode. Players can also edit team names and create custom messages for other players to see. StreetPass characters will randomly appear on the world map, giving players the option to recruit the team leader with gold, buy any weapons or items the team is carrying or battle and win to recruit the leader for free. Like the random battles in the main story mode, the player will have full control of battles in StreetPass mode. Players will also earn "renown" based on battles won. A players' "renown" is visible to other players through StreetPass.

Fans can also try out Fire Emblem Awakening prior to launch by downloading the free demo available in the Nintendo eShop. The demo will be available on Jan. 17. When the game launches on Feb. 4, shoppers can purchase the packaged game as usual at retail locations nationwide. Or they can simply purchase and download the game on their own from the Nintendo eShop using a wireless broadband connection.

Apparently we will also get free content for this game over time. Sweet.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

Looks like the special addition Fire Emblem 3DS might be coming to NA
RUMOR - Fire Emblem: Awakening Special Edition 3DS bundle hitting North America | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?
jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I'm so excited for this game. Totally snagging that demo, and totally snagging that free DLC while it is still free.

Oh yeah.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

So this will be the first time North America will receive the cobalt blue 3DS. I think color is 100x better than the Aqua 3DS. I'm looking forward to this game to be honest and see how different it is from Sacred Stones. Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones has been pretty short for me and hopefully the chapters (now on 5) get longer. I understand there is some replay value when perusing to complete different story modes, which sounds pretty awesome because it gives you different perspectives from other characters. So far, it's pretty heavy on text, so I've been skipping some segments and I hope Awakening will capture my attention more than Sacred Stones.

Furthermore, I've adapted to the game play mechanics and to be honest it's extremely easy to pick up. When in doubt, just brute force your way to your destination and it has actually worked quite well.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I've been listening to the soundtrack and it definitely is extremely beautiful.

[video=youtube;AoDV7TEhGDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoDV7TEhGDE[/video]

Back