• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Finishin off a final boss battle...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

natu133

I'm having some real trouble figuring out how exactly to finish vanitas in Ventus' last boss battle. I've used all the commands, and also have used the finisher, but he just survives and kills me. I think the only thing I havent done is sucsesfully pull-off "Dark Splicer". Anyway, does anybody have any help?

also, i just want to mention that using "Break Time" during this battle just makes me laugh. I have no idea why i need to say that, but the whole thing of epic battle and then theres Ventus breakdancing is kinda funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zulkir

Re: Vanitas Boss "finish him!" segment...-_-..

Do not use "Dark Splicer"

What you want to do is fill the command gauge, in order to do that, you want to go into a little minigame with him where you have to spin the analog stick to knock him back.

If you are having trouble beating him at the analog stick game, try quickly moving it from left to right and back instead of actually spinning it.

There are a few ways to get this "minigame" going.

1) Use a shot lock, he will break your shot lock and engage the minigame.

2) Use "Dark Spiral" (not splicer) at the same time that he uses Dark Spiral.

The second method is a bit hard, but right when he says "darkness" or tries to move, use Dark Spiral.

After filling the command gauge, simply use the finish command (with X) and finish him.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm having some real trouble figuring out how exactly to finish vanitas in Ventus' last boss battle. I've used all the commands, and also have used the finisher, but he just survives and kills me. I think the only thing I havent done is sucsesfully pull-off "Dark Splicer". Anyway, does anybody have any help?

also, i just want to mention that using "Break Time" during this battle just makes me laugh. I have no idea why i need to say that, but the whole thing of epic battle and then theres Ventus breakdancing is kinda funny.

I find the easiest way to defeat him is just to engage him in a Shotlock battle. You use yours, he'll use his, and you'll be prompted to either button mash or rotate the analog stick to push him back. Do this enough times to fill up the command gauge, and then use the finishing move.

*_Riku_*

Get as far a way from him as you can, Then use dark spiral over and over again when he uses it. Once the gauge is filled up then press X then u magically when Simple xD.

I had the problem today on proud mode but then it was so simple when soemone told me what to do.

FinalKingdmBlade

i've had the problem where when you use the finisher he survives, i don't know what causes it, but just keep at what everyone suggests and you'll get it

natu133

Ah, yeah finally got him. the problem was the finisher actually missed him. Man I dont think i've shouted 'YEAH!' like that after beating a boss since I was atleast 8 :p.

BreakTheWalls

I literally cried after beating Terranort on Proud mode. It took me three straight hours of frustrating 3 minute segments of me dying while he had less than a bar of HP left more that 50% of the time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I literally cried after beating Terranort on Proud mode. It took me three straight hours of frustrating 3 minute segments of me dying while he had less than a bar of HP left more that 50% of the time.

I feel your pain. I was crying and my heart was pounding after I beat him. But it only took me three tries in 20 minutes. You were worse off than me.

xEvilEagleX

Hey I use the finishing move but he does not die i dont get another one on him because then i die but i thought the fight is over when i finnish hi whata wrong?

Kittenz91

I had this problem, so I tried it with making sure to lock on whenever it unlocked and I got it done. Hope this helps!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Birth by Sleep: we're gonna give you five tutorials screens right off the bat about shotlocks and whatnot and everytme you get a movement command or the command board minigame we'll remind you how to use it.

The final segment with Vanitas and how it works? Nah, you can figure that out on your own.

Last edited:

Kaiributwpersona

My cousin spent all night :rolleyes: XD
I would have waited till the next day, but i guess everyone's different.

Back