• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Finished Espada Sketches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdc456

This time I did it write. My Espada sketches are done.
These were referance drawn from the actual picture of the ten of them together.
If you don't know who these guys are, they are from Bleach.
I actually scanned the page and had done every one of them.

EspadaSketches.jpg

Tell me what you think.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I mean it's okay, but it could've been done on a higher quality of paper and I'd much rather prefer to see some of your own original compositions instead of fan art.

When talking about the actual picture though I really wish you had of added some tones in there because as of now shading is pretty much nonexistent.
The piece it self is a little higher than average I'd say, but not much higher than that because it's fan service instead of an original work, which as I said before I much more prefer.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Some of the ones you have depicted here are a bit off I find, particularly the first, fourth, eighth and tenth (from left to right order, that is).

The first isn't bad at all, I just find the lack of shading/showing there is a light source somewhere makes it look a bit too bland, especially next to the others that do have shading.
The fourth is pretty much the same as above, although it seems a bit more bland in the sense of shading, face particularly.
The eighth's face looks fairly disproportioned in my opinion, mouth and well I suppose, cheekbone, and once again, lack of shading.
As for the tenth, I think it's just really the lack of dark in it, compared to the others which seem to have a rather large element of black.

That is all =3

Ooo, actually, do you have the reference pictures?

tdc456

╬ProperArtist╬;3716366 said:
I mean it's okay, but it could've been done on a higher quality of paper and I'd much rather prefer to see some of your own original compositions instead of fan art.

When talking about the actual picture though I really wish you had of added some tones in there because as of now shading is pretty much nonexistent.
The piece it self is a little higher than average I'd say, but not much higher than that because it's fan service instead of an original work, which as I said before I much more prefer.

I don't mean to seem like I'm rejecting your advice but I need to correct you on a few things.
About the paper, I don't have any other paper because I never ever draw. I'm terrible at it actually.
As for original compositions, I only have like three. Plus they're all terrible.
Shading is very existent. The scanner made it nearly invisible, thats all. Just look closely.
Plus I'm not sure what you mean by fan service. Reference drawings are all I can ever do.
But thanks for looking.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Ah, alright, I withdraw my comment on the eighth being disproportioned, I didn;t realise it was a sleeve/coat/whatever it is that makes it look like that.
As for the other three I do stand on shading mostly, with the more or less exception of Ulquiorra (sp?) seeing as that part doesn't seem to have an incredible amount

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I don't mean to seem like I'm rejecting your advice but I need to correct you on a few things.
About the paper, I don't have any other paper because I never ever draw. I'm terrible at it actually.
As for original compositions, I only have like three. Plus they're all terrible.
Shading is very existent. The scanner made it nearly invisible, thats all. Just look closely.
Plus I'm not sure what you mean by fan service. Reference drawings are all I can ever do.
But thanks for looking.

So let me get this straight, you don't have any regular white paper? The kinda paper used to print off documents and what not, just regular white paper that's what I meant. I use Vellum but that's only because what I do requires it.
The shading is there you say? Then you should shade darker if the scanner didn't pick it up. I mean I have a shitty scanner and it's still able to pick up on most of the shading. It's still a shitty scanner so there are some things that get washed out.

The more you draw the less you have to worry about only working from reference, eventually you'll be able to do it all on your own.

tdc456

I would like to see some of your original work, the sketchs are good but are in need of shading like others have said.

And like I have already said, I don't have any original work because I don't ever draw.
Plus they have a crap load of shading, the scanner just made it look like it didn't.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
the fact that you didn't trace still
at least shows some art skill. albeit
it has it's flaws but only a few. I
think that given time you could make
this picture even better. maybe outline
with ink and use color?

Status