• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Finding the WEP Key

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Please, I am in dire help on finding the WEP Key for my router! Where do I go to find the Router Settings and the WEP Key? I need the WEP Key for my DS Wifi. When I looked on the NintendoWifi website, it told me to go to the "wireless" area and then press the "configurations" tab. Anyone know how to obtain the WEP Key?

Gamergirl

Silver Member
Please, I am in dire help on finding the WEP Key for my router! Where do I go to find the Router Settings and the WEP Key? I need the WEP Key for my DS Wifi. When I looked on the NintendoWifi website, it told me to go to the "wireless" area and then press the "configurations" tab. Anyone know how to obtain the WEP Key?

the WEP key is basically the password u use to connect to ur wireless network. U should of created one when u first installed ur router. i assume u have a linksys router right?

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Yup. That's why I am asking where are my router settings so I can get me my WEP Key! Also, I was asleep so I don't even know if my parents setted up a WEP key. All I know is that the router I have makes a WEP key on it's own or is already given to us. I just need to know how to get to my router settings.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Well, for Linksys, the default to access your router is 192.168.1.1, but you'll need a password to get through. If your parents didn't change it, it should be "admin" (you don't need to enter a username). From there, I'm not sure where to find the WEP key, since I don't have a wireless router.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
So, do I input the router address in the address bar? If so, it's not working. Thanks though. Gah! Finding the WEP key is a pain! Might as well call the Service Providers and ask!

RealEmotionX

They wont know, WEP is located in your router. If its password locked tap the reset on the back of the box

D

Deleted member 36435

Router Config should be on your PC... for me (I'm using Linksys model WRT54GS) its a green square with black lines in it or a little picture of a PC with radar lines coming of the side, click on that then configure.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Westell Versalink 327W is not a wireless router, and that would be the problem. You won't find a WEP key on a wired router.
You have to go out and buy a wireless router to actually work with your DS, which is WiFi enabled.

Really? Are you sure? I'm sure it is a wireless router. If it isn't then my internet adapter in my room wouldn't be working. What is it then? If it isn't then I don't know how I'm getting internet through my Internet Adapter. Before I had a netgear router, but it was changed because they said it was slower.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
I'm 99% sure until I find out what the hell a internet adapter is. I have a Westell Versalink 327W which is the one I got from Verizon, and I'm sure they wouldn't be giving out wireless routers because it just isn't sound. (seeing as how must computers aren't wifi enabled)

I know my DI-524 is a wireless router because that's what I use for my DS.

(Will be edited when I find out what a internet adapter is)

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Sorry square, but the Westell Versalink 327W is indeed a wireless router/modem for DSL. Just a simple search for that came up with wireless written all over it.

Anyway, are you sure you entered in the 192.168.1.1 gateway correctly into the address bar? Unless your parents changed your router's gateway address, that should be how to access it. From there, unless your parents changed the password and such, username is admin and password is password.

If all else fails, ask your parents what the WEP key they created is. If they didn't make one, for one they have an unsecured wireless network and should make a key, at least, and two, you currently don't need a key to use your DS's wireless connection.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
I got my Westell 327w router from AT&T. From what my parents told me, someone from AT&T setted up the router so I doubt they know about the WEP Key. I'll try what you said Hollow and put in the router address. The gateway address right, not the IP?

EDIT: Holy Crap! It worked! I've been putting in the wrong address! Thanks Hollow and everyone who helped my find my WEP Key!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back