• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Finding Peace

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Thanks for your comment, BTW would you like me to wait and post full chapters or just continue this way?
((The 2nd chap wouldn't be up yet if I did full chaps.))

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
((Here’s all of Chap 2))

Chapter 2: Regrets

The trouble with the system that ran the Chaos Knights was how fair it was. Each of the Knights had a say in things, which made it impossible to get things done. Even when things got done they were more often than not something that didn’t really need to get done in the first place.
When someone felt they needed something done in the Knights they would step in front of the Assembly of Knights, and voice their opinion, much as Dorian had on that day that he had suggested Marek as a Trainer. Then all the Knights would decide together what to do about the problem.
Marek thought over the etiquette of addressing the assembly. He hoped that he would be able to make them reconsider, this girl didn’t need to be trained she needed to be taught her place, she need to be patted on the head and told to go on her merry way. She was nothing more than a girl, if an attractive, kind one. And if that failed she needed to be paddled and told to go on her merry way. He just hoped the assembly would have the sense to send her home.
He smiled slightly remembering the questions she asked on the way to the barracks, they were all foolish questions but one stuck out, she had asked why he didn’t believe in her. He replied that she was just a girl, she seemed insulted and asked weren’t there any girls knights before her. Truthfully there had been several, some of the most revered by the Knights were women. But this girl was . . .a girl. He answered no, he didn’t want to encourage her. Then she went about asking his name, he said it wasn’t important,a nd then there was
Either way however she was undeterred, she looked put off for a bit then just said “Well I’ll have to be the first then.”
As Marek approached the doors to the assembly room he took a deep breath, he was honestly not very good at public speaking, Dorian had got him elected, and Marek wasn’t even required to speak in his own behalf. This would be the first time he addressed the assembly as a full Knight. He could only hope it went well.

Saria sat in the room she had been given. She didn’t yet consider it her room, but she didn’t think she would be too uncomfortable there. Though she didn’t know who was supposed to take the other bed if there were no other girl Knights.
She forgot about the idea and began to think about Marek, he had given his name though reluctantly; he seemed to be nice enough beneath his cold exterior. She frowned at what Marek said to her. She didn’t want to leave her home just to be told what to do by someone else, and someone so near her age. She shook her head and began to feel at her hair again. Stroking it almost- almost – considering cutting it. She hated short hair, she thought it made a girl look like a man. She shrugged and stood up from the bed, the room was only dimly lit, but she could see herself in the mirror. She absently stroked her hair again, she stopped herself from considering cutting it. She’d just have to work around it because it would stay that length. Her eyes were set and she looked at her reflection like it was Marek suggesting to cut her hair, she was almost startled to get the look back.
She sighed and looked out the window, what was Marek doing?

Marek brushed past a member of the Imperial Council, who was leaving and looked rather upset. Marek sighed, this more than likely had no put the assembly in a good mood. He shook his head as the man passed. It was most likely over some conflict with one of the Guards. Every city they went to the Guards and the Knights had problems, there were fights, sometimes just words, but the local council usually came and expressed how deeply “disappointed” they were with the Knights for letting things like that happen.

Dreas stared coldly at Marek, Dreas had been the one who had rallied other Knights to vote against him, luckily for Marek Dorian held much more sway with people. Or maybe unluckily. Now he was stuck with this girl, and he had to address the assembly, which most knights avoid doing like the plague.

The assembly seemed in a bad enough mood already and he didn’t want to think about what they would say when he asked for a different rookie.

Saria jumped as the door opened she looked behind her and saw the man she had met in the square. She suddenly became very nervous, this man was her hero, and now he came to see her. She blushed and smiled a little.

“I’m glad you are feeling better, I would hate to think my efforts had gone to waste.” He said warmly.

Saria ran up and hugged the man Dorian was his name she thought thinking back to the day that he stood up to the Guard.

“Hold on.” He said warmly “Don’t thank me just yet, I’ve come to see whether you’re eligible to become a Knight.

She finally got the courage to speak. “I know there haven’t been any girl Knights but I’ll try really hard. . .” the effect of what she said was somewhat disappointing. He hung his head back and laughed a loud, deep, rich laugh.

“Is that what he’s been telling you.” He looked at her eyes, there was a certain fire inside.

“ The truth of the matter is that some of the most revered Knights were women.” He raised his hands gesturing out the window. “This very city was won by a female Knight.” He smiled as the fire in her eyes grew, fiercer, more determined.

“What do I need to do to prove myself?” she said looking fairly worried, she now wanted this more than anything, she had to become a Knight now.

“You already have.” He said smiling and left

Saria had never been happier, and she had no idea what to do with all the energy she had found. She quickly looked around her room to find something-anything-to do. She ended up sitting on her bed fidgeting. Waiting for Marek to come so she could tell him the good news. Though he may already be aware she passed the test, after all he was going to be training her, he was probably on top of it.

“She what?!?!” Marek asked incredulously.
“Come now Marek you really didn’t expect me to fail her as a favor to you did you?” Dorian asked smiling.
“But she’s a. . . girl she. . . “ Marek was at a loss for words, he had thought that surely Dorian would be reasonable enough to see that she would not be an adequate Chaos Knight.
“She has all the necessary resolve, she will learn the rest. From you.” Dorian said still wearing an infuriatingly amused expression on his face.
“Well, if she quits or whines, will you reconsider?” Marek asked hopefully.
“Very well. We’ll let this be a final test.” Dorian walked away smiling.

“Come, it’s time we broke you in.” Marek said bitterly. Saria looked out the window from her bed and saw that the sun had yet to rise. Marek was crazy to be up this early himself not to mention trying to start training.
Still, she had to be dedicated. She hopped out of bed, completely in the nude, and Marek rolled his eyes and turned around, pretending to be comfortable, but hiding a blush himself. She is absolutely beautiful. He thought trying to hide his embarrassment.
Saria, after getting into some loose cheap clothes she didn’t have to worry about, follow Marek blearily to the training grounds. Her eyes fought to stay open as she was handed a training sword.
“You have to learn to defend yourself even when tired.” Marek said harshly

This would be a long week she decided.

Saria winced as the practice sword smacked her legs. The rain ahead blurred her vision, the wet making her clothes stick revealingly. Her legs shook, she had been getting more and more tired as Marek went on. Parry left, block right, the man was a machine, and she couldn’t hold up much longer, she had bruises up and down her body.
“You have to protect your legs just as much as your heart, if you lose a limb in battle then you’ll be useless.” His voice was cold, analytical, he frowned as he attacked her more and more fiercely. She refused to fall to falter, he hit her legs and still she stood, there was blood leaking from a cut on her forehead that he had put there with a blow to the head. Why wouldn’t she fall!?!
Saria snapped, she was tired angry and incredibly sore, she yelled and ran toward Marek, he was unprepared for the wild swings and the dull metal blade cut his face. She swung the blade low, Marek fell to the force of the blow, his knees buckling.
“You’ve got . . . .to. . .protect. . .your legs.” She said and collapsed into the mud, the rain beating onto her face.

Marek punched the wall hard, she had gotten sick from the late night battle. Training, in the rain!!! He couldn’t help but feel terribly guilty at this point.Why was he pushing her so hard, why couldn’t he have just let her train like a normal recruit. Her resilience out there was amazing . . . she was ready when even I wasn’t.

After a week of bed rest Saria was feeling much better, but she was worried. Marek would probably be angry at her for this.
As she walked out into the front wing of the Infirmary she saw Marek she rushed over. “I’m so sorry.” She said “I shouldn’t have let my sickness keep me down.. . .forgive me.”

Marek felt sick, she was apologizing, SHE was apologizing, for being overworked tired and forced out into 10 degree rain. Marek excused himself. He couldn’t stand to look at her, not after what he did.

((That is finally the end of chap.))

keybaldeslinger1

Good end I liked how she went crazy on him and told him how it was lol. It does not matter to me you can post anyway you like as long as i get to read it.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
((Here it is Chapter 3))

Chapter 3: Another’s Love

Marek lit his pipe and looked into the once again pouring rain. He had just recently got the pipe for his birthday and had tried to decline, he was not a smoker. That girl-Saria- he would call her Saria now. She had more than proved her worth to him. She had been trying to see him for a long time, but his pride would not allow him to look his mistake in the eye.
He had been in this state all day, staring onto the training grounds and muttering under his breath. The smoke filled the room and created a somber mood. Marek had been thinking all day. What could he do? He had to make it up to Saria, she had been worked, abused, and belittled, and it had all been him. Nonetheless Saria had been steadfast, she had taken every challenge he had thrown at her, early training, late training, constantly
she had taken it, never complaining. Not only that but she had bested him, true he was tired, but so was she.
Larah walked into the room, she worried for him, he had been brooding by that window all day. That-that girl had occupied his mind. Larah frowned and looked over at Marek she always spent her days here instead of her father’s store. She was always there to watch Marek train, always there to comfort him, and always there to fix his wounds from when he disappeared, for the unexplained long periods that all Knights did. She had been giving her special attentions to Marek for a long time and he hadn’t given her a second look, now that little- she took a deep breath, she had told herself long ago when the girl first arrived a season ago that she would not let that. . .girl outdo her. A season. . .had it been that long? The farmers had already brought in their crops, and they had trained for weeks giving Larah no chance to see Marek, before the girl fell ill, and now that she was out of the way he stayed in his room. He gave no thought to anyone now, and he had been ignoring all the effort that she had been giving to help him. She brought all his meals in place of the servants, she had even tried to speak to him. But Marek still looked at her as a sister, if he looked at her at all.
“Marek?” She asked hopefully seeing his eyes flicker over to her quickly and go back to the window.
“Hmm.” He didn’t speak he merely hummed his acknowledgment of her. A light of anger entered Larah’s eyes. She was about to yell at him when he turned to her with his mystifying eyes. She loved his eyes, the dark brown of them complimenting his deep red hair. “I’m sorry Larah, you’ve been wonderful to me in the past few days and all I have done is ignore you.” He knelt in the traditional posture of contrition. “I ask you to forgive me.”
Larah reddened as Marek knelt, she was falling apart under a mere glance of his eyes, and she knew it, yet she didn’t care. “Very well Marek” she said smiling “but just this once.”
Marek nodded his head and said “Thank you.”
Larah’s smile faded as Marek turned back to the window, she turned and stormed out of the room. Her dress blowing behind her, she tried her best to keep tears from streaming down her face. She tried telling herself that she could find another man, that she did not need Marek, but she could not. She cried all the way home.

The sun beat over the training ground as Saria paced it impatiently, Taren, the light brown haired young man who had been assigned to teach her to use a sword properly, had been talking for a long time and she had been fighting to concentrate. He meant well but even his eyelids hung as he explained the forms slowly and deliberately. She smiled, he had no doubt memorized this speech beforehand. Taren had been trying to impress Saria since he had first met her. She smiled as memories of the day flooded her head.

Saria winced as she sat up, the rain outside still drizzled a little but the morning sun made it much warmer than the night before. She gazed at then at the gilded fireplace, there was a statue of two lions in battle one black, one white, the symbol of the Knights. She suspected there was more gold on the fireplace that she could get for selling her house, her mother, and her sisters all at once. The drapes were silk and the carpet was of the finest weaving. It was a nice room but she was getting tired of it, after she had apologized to Marek the nurses had insisted that she remain in bed and rested.
The morning sun shone through the window, the glass making it hot on her back. She looked to see her clothes hung over the back of the visitor’s chair by her bed. There was a nasty bump on her head from falling and her legs were bruised heavily. She really needed to protect her legs.
She reached for her clothes but couldn’t get them from her bed, normally she would have gotten up and gotten them, but she was almost positive that the door was not locked and her didn’t want to risk another embarrassing scene like the one the night before. She shook her head, if she would just stop to think once in a while.
The door opened and a boy with brown hair he was around her age maybe a year or two older, and he had pleasant blue eyes.
“Here.” He said handing her the clothes, he blushed slightly when she sat up, she had the thin blanket wrapped around her but that didn’t seem to matter much to him. He turned to look out the window, effectively, if a bit too late, hiding his red cheeks.
She wondered how he got in without her noticing and was glad she decided not to get her clothes however after the awkward first minutes they began to talk.
Their conversation lasted a good long time, before finally he asked why she was here, Saria was about to ask him the same thing but decided that that would be rude. She explained that it had been an accident during training, not wanting to admit that she had just been too weak to stand and gotten a little sick.
“I remember what it was like being a Rookie.” He said leaning backwards nonchalantly, he was obviously trying to boast about something but Saria had a hard time figuring out what.

That had also been the day she had met Scion, her smiled broadened at that thought.

“What are you doing rookie?” A man walked into the room, he had easily admirable features and was the kind of man Saria had always been hoping she would end up with one day. He had icy blue eyes, and black hair brushed out of his face, he had a scar on his left cheek, but that only seemed to further his impression of control and masculinity. “When I said clean out the stable I-” he cut off as his eyes trailed over Saria. Saria suddenly became painfully aware that she still hadn’t gotten her clothes on. He continued after an almost inaudible pause. “I meant now.” He finished in a much less angry voice. “Look Rookie how about you leave the room and let this lady get dressed.” He had an odd way of talking, he ran his words together and often he used words she didn’t recognize.
After Taren left the man walked over, “Name’s Scion” he kept eye contact with her and he got lost in the blue depths of his eyes. “You need anything you let me know got it?”

After it was embarrassingly pointed out to Saria that Taren was a Rookie, he had doubled his efforts to get her attention. He had been practicing twice as hard, though not as hard as Saria who, in the weeks of his absence, had continued Marek’s ruthless training schedule. He had been challenging full Knights to sparring matches, and though he lost it was the thought that counted, he had even been trying to eat more to “beef up” as he said to her once. It was sweet but Saria was getting slightly irritated at only getting a break from his adoration at night or in the baths.
“Hey Rook, I’ll take over.” Scion said coming down the stairs holding an oddly shaped sword that he had forged himself or so popular rumor had said. The blade of it curved until it split in two, giving the end deadly looking prongs. It was very finely curved, the design made it subtly more dangerous than the average sword.
“Marek assigned me to take over.” Taren protested, looking at Scion with weighed anger, wondering how much disrespect he was allowed to give him.
“And now I’m assigning you to clean the stables.” He said flatly with a small wink in Saria’s direction. Taren tried to leave with grace but his eyes showed how badly he wanted to storm out of there.
“I hardly think that Marek will approve of that Knight.” She said using the proper term of respect for addressing a Chaos Knight.
“Marek can take it up with the Assembly then.” He said smiling, there was a joke there, though she couldn’t tell quite what it was. “And please, you can call me Scion.”
“Very well then Scion, may I get back to my training?” she asked now letting her voice become more playful.
“Hey I meant it when I said I would take over.” He pointed his sword at her and said “I know you have endurance, I’ve seen you train, but do you have the skill? I’ll fight you one on one, no forms, just skill to skill alone.” With a touch of mockery he said “I’ll even throw in a little bet, if you can beat me, I’ll give you, Nalamek here.” He indicated his sword.
Saria smiled. She beat Marek, why not Scion?
“Here.” He said tossing her a sword. It was plain, but well crafted, sturdy and light, an excellent sword really, though in comparison it paled to Nalamek. “Let’s see what you’ve got.” Scion said challengingly.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Damn, right when I start it ends. . .I hate you. . .write more and post it. . . do it for the Family. . .DO IT FOR SUNNY!!!

T

Tragic Fall

Yes post more.....................for the family...........I'm not pleased.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
((There you have it, sorry it took so long.))

Chapter 3: Another’s Love

Marek lit his pipe and looked into the once again pouring rain. He had just recently got the pipe for his birthday and had tried to decline, he was not a smoker. That girl-Saria- he would call her Saria now. She had more than proved her worth to him. She had been trying to see him for a long time, but his pride would not allow him to look his mistake in the eye.
He had been in this state all day, staring onto the training grounds and muttering under his breath. The smoke filled the room and created a somber mood. Marek had been thinking all day. What could he do? He had to make it up to Saria, she had been worked, abused, and belittled, and it had all been him. Nonetheless Saria had been steadfast, she had taken every challenge he had thrown at her, early training, late training, constantly
she had taken it, never complaining. Not only that but she had bested him, true he was tired, but so was she.
Larah walked into the room, she worried for him, he had been brooding by that window all day. That-that girl had occupied his mind. Larah frowned and looked over at Marek she always spent her days here instead of her father’s store. She was always there to watch Marek train, always there to comfort him, and always there to fix his wounds from when he disappeared, for the unexplained long periods that all Knights did. She had been giving her special attentions to Marek for a long time and he hadn’t given her a second look, now that little- she took a deep breath, she had told herself long ago when the girl first arrived a season ago that she would not let that. . .girl outdo her. A season. . .had it been that long? The farmers had already brought in their crops, and they had trained for weeks giving Larah no chance to see Marek, before the girl fell ill, and now that she was out of the way he stayed in his room. He gave no thought to anyone now, and he had been ignoring all the effort that she had been giving to help him. She brought all his meals in place of the servants, she had even tried to speak to him. But Marek still looked at her as a sister, if he looked at her at all.
“Marek?” She asked hopefully seeing his eyes flicker over to her quickly and go back to the window.
“Hmm.” He didn’t speak he merely hummed his acknowledgment of her. A light of anger entered Larah’s eyes. She was about to yell at him when he turned to her with his mystifying eyes. She loved his eyes, the dark brown of them complimenting his deep red hair. “I’m sorry Larah, you’ve been wonderful to me in the past few days and all I have done is ignore you.” He knelt in the traditional posture of contrition. “I ask you to forgive me.”
Larah reddened as Marek knelt, she was falling apart under a mere glance of his eyes, and she knew it, yet she didn’t care. “Very well Marek” she said smiling “but just this once.”
Marek nodded his head and said “Thank you.”
Larah’s smile faded as Marek turned back to the window, she turned and stormed out of the room. Her dress blowing behind her, she tried her best to keep tears from streaming down her face. She tried telling herself that she could find another man, that she did not need Marek, but she could not. She cried all the way home.

The sun beat over the training ground as Saria paced it impatiently, Taren, the light brown haired young man who had been assigned to teach her to use a sword properly, had been talking for a long time and she had been fighting to concentrate. He meant well but even his eyelids hung as he explained the forms slowly and deliberately. She smiled, he had no doubt memorized this speech beforehand. Taren had been trying to impress Saria since he had first met her. She smiled as memories of the day flooded her head.

Saria winced as she sat up, the rain outside still drizzled a little but the morning sun made it much warmer than the night before. She gazed at then at the gilded fireplace, there was a statue of two lions in battle one black, one white, the symbol of the Knights. She suspected there was more gold on the fireplace that she could get for selling her house, her mother, and her sisters all at once. The drapes were silk and the carpet was of the finest weaving. It was a nice room but she was getting tired of it, after she had apologized to Marek the nurses had insisted that she remain in bed and rested.
The morning sun shone through the window, the glass making it hot on her back. She looked to see her clothes hung over the back of the visitor’s chair by her bed. There was a nasty bump on her head from falling and her legs were bruised heavily. She really needed to protect her legs.
She reached for her clothes but couldn’t get them from her bed, normally she would have gotten up and gotten them, but she was almost positive that the door was not locked and her didn’t want to risk another embarrassing scene like the one the night before. She shook her head, if she would just stop to think once in a while.
The door opened and a boy with brown hair he was around her age maybe a year or two older, and he had pleasant blue eyes.
“Here.” He said handing her the clothes, he blushed slightly when she sat up, she had the thin blanket wrapped around her but that didn’t seem to matter much to him. He turned to look out the window, effectively, if a bit too late, hiding his red cheeks.
She wondered how he got in without her noticing and was glad she decided not to get her clothes however after the awkward first minutes they began to talk.
Their conversation lasted a good long time, before finally he asked why she was here, Saria was about to ask him the same thing but decided that that would be rude. She explained that it had been an accident during training, not wanting to admit that she had just been too weak to stand and gotten a little sick.
“I remember what it was like being a Rookie.” He said leaning backwards nonchalantly, he was obviously trying to boast about something but Saria had a hard time figuring out what.

That had also been the day she had met Scion, her smiled broadened at that thought.

“What are you doing rookie?” A man walked into the room, he had easily admirable features and was the kind of man Saria had always been hoping she would end up with one day. He had icy blue eyes, and black hair brushed out of his face, he had a scar on his left cheek, but that only seemed to further his impression of control and masculinity. “When I said clean out the stable I-” he cut off as his eyes trailed over Saria. Saria suddenly became painfully aware that she still hadn’t gotten her clothes on. He continued after an almost inaudible pause. “I meant now.” He finished in a much less angry voice. “Look Rookie how about you leave the room and let this lady get dressed.” He had an odd way of talking, he ran his words together and often he used words she didn’t recognize.
After Taren left the man walked over, “Name’s Scion” he kept eye contact with her and he got lost in the blue depths of his eyes. “You need anything you let me know got it?”

After it was embarrassingly pointed out to Saria that Taren was a Rookie, he had doubled his efforts to get her attention. He had been practicing twice as hard, though not as hard as Saria who, in the weeks of his absence, had continued Marek’s ruthless training schedule. He had been challenging full Knights to sparring matches, and though he lost it was the thought that counted, he had even been trying to eat more to “beef up” as he said to her once. It was sweet but Saria was getting slightly irritated at only getting a break from his adoration at night or in the baths.
“Hey Rook, I’ll take over.” Scion said coming down the stairs holding an oddly shaped sword that he had forged himself or so popular rumor had said. The blade of it curved until it split in two, giving the end deadly looking prongs. It was very finely curved, the design made it subtly more dangerous than the average sword.
“Marek assigned me to take over.” Taren protested, looking at Scion with weighed anger, wondering how much disrespect he was allowed to give him.
“And now I’m assigning you to clean the stables.” He said flatly with a small wink in Saria’s direction. Taren tried to leave with grace but his eyes showed how badly he wanted to storm out of there.
“I hardly think that Marek will approve of that Knight.” She said using the proper term of respect for addressing a Chaos Knight.
“Marek can take it up with the Assembly then.” He said smiling, there was a joke there, though she couldn’t tell quite what it was. “And please, you can call me Scion.”
“Very well then Scion, may I get back to my training?” she asked now letting her voice become more playful.
“Hey I meant it when I said I would take over.” He pointed his sword at her and said “I know you have endurance, I’ve seen you train, but do you have the skill? I’ll fight you one on one, no forms, just skill to skill alone.” With a touch of mockery he said “I’ll even throw in a little bet, if you can beat me, I’ll give you, Nalamek here.” He indicated his sword.
Saria smiled. She beat Marek, why not Scion?
“Here.” He said tossing her a sword. It was plain, but well crafted, sturdy and light, an excellent sword really, though in comparison it paled to Nalamek. “Let’s see what you’ve got.” Scion said challengingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back