• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FINALLY! I found a PS2 copy!!! But...is it worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerGuitar

Now, I actually have to buy it...or instead buy something else that's more useful. So, I finally found a copy at my Canadian EB Games store, brand new/sealed for 20 bucks. Good deal all around. However, I'ver heard some bad reviews about Re:CoM and was wondering if I should finalize my decision and take it home...because honestly I haven't played either CoM games and was a little disappointed at the card battle system and Sora's older voice (since they did this game after KH2 when Sora's voice already matured).

So yeah...should I get it? Or save my money and just wiki'd what happened inbetween KH and KH2?

Muse

you look atrocious
Re: FINALLY! I find a PS2 copy!!! But...is it worth it?

CoM arguably is one of the best games for the KH series. :v

I think you should get it. At the very least, rent it before buying it.

HerGuitar

CoM arguably is one of the best games for the KH series. :v

I think you should get it. At the very least, rent it before buying it.

Are you serious? Are you talking about the PS2 version? And if I rent it, it's more money, I might as well buy it anyways. >_< I'm on a tight budget..

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Er, yeah, get it. It's my favorite game. If you haven't played either of the games, how could you be disappointed about the card system? And Sora's VA got older, it happens. :/

Namine stars in it. The actually interesting members of Organization XIII appear. You find out about Repliku, meet DiZ for the first time.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
It has a really interesting story and the reason people complain about the cards is due to it actually being a challange for once.

I like it [get frustrated occasionally when I have to level up more but, oh well.] :3

HerGuitar

Er, yeah, get it. It's my favorite game. If you haven't played either of the games, how could you be disappointed about the card system? And Sora's VA got older, it happens. :/

Namine stars in it. The actually interesting members of Organization XIII appear. You find out about Repliku, meet DiZ for the first time.

I just don't like the idea for using cards during a battle. Button mashing is chaotic as is. xD
Yeah, I'll have to ignore the older voice for now if I buy it.

Hmmm, I've always wanted to know more about the CO group. =/ But then again...I could use the money for something else.

Muse

you look atrocious

Sora doesn't come off as a complete idiot like in KH2. xD;;

You actually get to play as Riku.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I just don't like the idea for using cards during a battle. Button mashing is chaotic as is. xD

facepalm

But you still haven't played it. So you can't possibly know whether you like the idea or not. Honestly, if you just press X like a normal KH-game, you'll be fine. If you want to get more in-depth and do fancy things, hurrah.

Hmmm, I've always wanted to know more about the CO group. =/ But then again...I could use the money for something else.

Vexen, Marluxia, Larxene, Axel, Zexion, Lexaeus >>>> the KHII Organization members

HerGuitar

Sora doesn't come off as a complete idiot like in KH2. xD;;

You actually get to play as Riku.

You do? You have to complete the game first though, right? ;_;
And wouldn't it be repetitive playing as Riku, or is the storyline completely different from his point of view?

Muse

you look atrocious

Vexen, Marluxia, Larxene, Axel, Zexion, Lexaeus >>>> the KHII Organization members

You actually get to see them, for once! :D

You do? You have to complete the game first though, right? ;_;

You do.

And wouldn't it be repetitive playing as Riku, or is the storyline completely different from his point of view?

It's different. xD;

Gram

Banned
Awards
Now, I actually have to buy it...or instead buy something else that's more useful. So, I finally found a copy at my Canadian EB Games store, brand new/sealed for 20 bucks. Good deal all around. However, I'ver heard some bad reviews about Re:CoM and was wondering if I should finalize my decision and take it home...because honestly I haven't played either CoM games and was a little disappointed at the card battle system and Sora's older voice (since they did this game after KH2 when Sora's voice already matured).

So yeah...should I get it? Or save my money and just wiki'd what happened inbetween KH and KH2?
about time XD
hell yes its wroth it, its the best kh game so far.

how long is the gameplay?
sora- ruffly 17 hours, assumin u dont max out ur lvl or open the treasur rooms
riku is 4-6 hours ruffly.

HerGuitar

about time XD
hell yes its wroth it, its the best kh game so far.

sora- ruffly 17 hours, assumin u dont max out ur lvl or open the treasur rooms
riku is 4-6 hours ruffly.
Haha, okay, I'm assuming 30 hours ish then. :3

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: CoM is practically one of the best games in the KH series, you should try renting it at least. :)

SilverCyrus

I Loved the PS2 version, and if you can get it for 20$ than its well over worth it.

matt_hdo

Website
matt79.deviantart.com
Im with them, its one of the best KH games, the card command is kind of weird but you get used to it, and the story is really good, it clears you about what happen before the kh2 and days, so i say buy it, cause you wont see it long, believe, playing with riku is worth it (even that is not my favorite charachter i liked a lot in this game), so go, go go, XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back