• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final world cinematic translations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Straythe

Wow you guys are harsh on Sora.

Is it because you like underdogs and want to play as "the failure" in KH 3, since you know he'll end up stronger than anybody else ?

Yeah, he's a sponge, so what ? Nobody but him is able to "take" powers from others, by definition, if he's able to channel everyone within his heart, that will make him the most powerful of all.

Not really cause
A. You and the wielder of said keyblade need to be touching it at the same time
As far as I know that happens everytime there's a fight.

B. The keyblade can hide in hyperspace
So ? Aqua's keyblade didn't, since Xemnas still had it.

C. If you touch said wielder keyblade without their permition without them toughing it at the same time said keyblade will go it to hyperspace or the wielder.
Kairi touched it without permission.

And it doesn't change the fact that it's too easy, they can just go look for more lights and perform the "touching" thing with Leon, Hercules, Aladdin and stuff ... I don't see what's stopping them.

edit :

Actually it's pretty nice :

Xehanort steals body and "people" to get their powers, while Sora connects to their heart.

It's like two pieces of a coin, I like it, no matter what you guys think.

As far as I know that happens everytime there's a fight.
Name When

So ? Aqua's keyblade didn't, since Xemnas still had it.
Aqua gave it to Terranort when she saved him. Terranort later became Xemnas if he want it out it can be out.

Kairi touched it without permission.
Me:
C. If you touch said wielder keyblade without their permition without them toughing it at the same time said keyblade will go it to hyperspace or the wielder.

Xehanort steals body and "people" to get their powers, while Sora connects to their heart.
They're like Sylar and Peter from Heroes. lol

TerravsVentus

Go start a Team Sora and Team Riku thread somewhere else.

Anyway, thanks for the translation OP. It's much appreciated.

Straythe

But I'm not trying to contradict you, I'm talking of something else, what is stopping the masters to go look for new lights and perform the ceremonies ? Nothing, right ?

I guess Sora and Mx are in a way lol .

Both need people to get stronger, one is having trouble mastering all those connections, the other one has total control but completely ruins everyone he associates with.

But Sora will of course master this power in KH 3, and we'll see if he's any "weak". He might not be much on his own, but being able to carry everyone's will makes him the most powerful. (and that's why he's, you know, DA HERO)

I guess Sora and Mx are in a way lol .
Save the Princesses Save the World(s) lol

what is stopping the masters to go look for new lights and perform the ceremonies ? Nothing, right ?

The strength of a persons heart is what stopping them. You wanna know why Kairi has yet summoned her own keyblade? Because her heart isn't strong enough to do so, Yeah she can use others keyblade but doesn't have her own. Hell it took Riku 11 years to summon his own. Sorry they just don't have that time to wait.
They also can't just pick any somebody of the streets and perform the ceremony with them. They have to train them, something that also have little time for too. They're just gonna get in were they fit in and use the people they know/around them who are all more or less keyblade users.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
Oh cause Ven is a master-level too now ? I say it, LEON FOR DA WIN. :p

How is Sora weak again, HE DEFEATED XEMNAS, so he's at least having Terra's level (Terra who is stronger than most of the wielders).

He was also able to battle Roxas, who was super strong.

If you're serious about it, Sora hadn't been acknowledged as master whenever Leon touched the Keyblade. Aqua and Terra were both acknowledged by Eraqus. Ven was never acknowledged by any master, nor did he have a real Keyblade for Lea to have the Rite given to him by Ven. In complete honestey, Vanitas is more qualified to be acknowledged as a master than Ven.

Sora would be weak at the beginning, now after he took down Ansem that might have changed. However, MX has stated that Sora isn't fit to be a Weilder of the Keyblade, at least on his own. Sora's power comes from the connections he makes, without said connections he'd still be weak. By the time Sora reached HB and made his speech he'd had made ...(Saying he makes a connection with everyone he meets, including Aqua for that brief moment, and (non-related) Vanitas for inheriting Sora's face)

(People whom I'm including: Ven, Vanitas, Aqua, Riku, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Kairi, XH, Pluto, Sid, Leon, Yuffie, Donald, Goofy, Jimminy, Door knob, Alice, Queen of Hearts, Chesire Cat, Phil, Hades, Cloud, Hercules, Tarzan, Jane, Aerith, Aladdin, Abu, Magic Carpet, Jasmine, Genie, Jafar, Jack Skellington, Sally, Zero, Dr. Finkestein, Lock, Shock, Barrel, Ariel, Flouder, Sabastion, Triton, Floatsem, Jetsam, Ursala, Gheppeto, Pinnochio, Captain Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Wendy, Maleficent, and Beast).

55 different connections. Considering MX states Sora is a 'far cry from a Keyblade User' I interpret this as, a heart's strength on it's own is what determines if the person is fit to be a 'true Keyblade user'. Sora by my count would have had 9 connections to strengthen his heart, this including the darkness in Riku's heart 'originally' made it weaker, and possibly the pressence of Ven's heart assisted in allowing Sora to take Riku's Keyblade. If I'm not mistaken, Riku had made his heart stronger as time went on, and Sora had grown arrogant with his Keyblade, which is why Riku was able to take it back. Perhaps arrogance, and taking the connections for granted suspend the connection's support to the heart.

Which is why when Donald and Goofy left Sora it made him re-think what these connections meant, and why Sora was able to take-back Riku's Keyblade. Sora couldn't be a 'far cry from a Keyblade user' because he wasn't given the Rite, because he, at the very least, had Yen Sid who could give it to him. Or perhaps MX was just being arrogant himself, at the moment :p

krexia

Translator
Awards
Why wouldn't they try ? If a random child could become a candidate because she had a strong heart, if a nobody turned human can have a keyblade, why not any of the FF or Disney heroes ? Like Hercules, don't tell me the guy couldn't wield a keyblade. And Leon should be able to wield one. Not Cloud though (because of Sephiroth).
I guess because of the risk of giving that sort of power to the wrong person, and ending up with another Xehanort? Even Riku fell pretty far towards the darkness initially.

Oh cause Ven is a master-level too now ? I say it, LEON FOR DA WIN. :p

How is Sora weak again, HE DEFEATED XEMNAS, so he's at least having Terra's level (Terra who is stronger than most of the wielders).
He defeated Xemnas long, long after Leon held his Keyblade in KH1. Sora as he was when he first met Leon certainly wasn't strong enough to beat Xemnas. And as 8298906 pointed out, the endgame of KH3D has revealed that Sora himself has never truly been a Keyblade user - he just acts as a conduit for the power of the hearts connected to his. It's questionable whether he himself would be able to perform the ceremony even now.

In any case, we're far off-topic.
This topic would get pretty boring if it were nothing but people saying thanks for the translations - I'm more than happy for people to speculate here, so long as the discussion stays civil :)

If you're serious about it, Sora hadn't been acknowledged as master whenever Leon touched the Keyblade. Aqua and Terra were both acknowledged by Eraqus. Ven was never acknowledged by any master, nor did he have a real Keyblade for Lea to have the Rite given to him by Ven. In complete honestey, Vanitas is more qualified to be acknowledged as a master than Ven.
Again, I'm certain that back around BbS Nomura said that regardless of whether a person had the title of Master, they could perform the ceremony so long as they had Master-level power.

Dawn Rebirth

Again, I'm certain that back around BbS Nomura said that regardless of whether a person had the title of Master, they could perform the ceremony so long as they had Master-level power.

-- The Keyblade succession can only be performed by a Keyblade Master, but we see Terra performing this rite with Riku - does this mean we can consider Terra a Keyblade Master?

Nomura: No. Terra was not awarded that title by his Master Eraqus, so no matter how Master Xehanort flatters him he is not a Keyblade Master. But that's just a matter of whether or not he's achieved the official title. Even Eraqus recognised that Terra possessed suitable power to be a Master, which is why he was able to perform the rite for Riku.

I interpret the is as: It's not whether they have said power, it's whether they're acknowledged of possessing said-power by the view of one who is already made master. But this brings me to a question, that I hope is answered over time, and isn't one of the mysteries Numora wishes to keep unsolved. How was the first master made so, if another master is required to attain the title? All I can think of is it's due to a temporary causality loop having to do with Kingdom Hearts.

Such as; a Keyblade Master made Kingdom Hearts, so Kingdom Hearts could make the first Keyblade Master, so that Keyblade Master could automatcially or over many generations of masters make the master to create Kingdom Hearts. And then the cycle starts all over again and repeats until another T.C.L. breaks the cycle and forms a new one. Or at least I think that's how it would work. Who knows, maybe Xehanort or Sora is that Master? A big MAYBE, but still a maybe :d

Crystal

Silver Member
In the ending part, what did Sora means when he said he was still sleeping?

Straythe

It doesn't matter if Sora "alone" could be a wielder. Because HE is special. The far cry kicked Xehanort's ass many times. Xehanort is stealing bodies and people, that's not much better.

Also, I don't think the light princesses could turn evil, just like Kairi they could become wielders. ( oh some snow white action xD )

Terra Riku and Ven have all generated darkness at a moment or another, that's a chance they should be willing to make, just by choosing carefully.

It's still pretty random for Lea to get a keyblade though, since nobody had a role to play in his sudden "awakening". I hope it's his connexion to Roxas and not just fan service " bekuz he haz a strong hearts loll ". I mean I hope there s more to it.

As for Sora, I accept the fact that since he was not a normal wielder ( but he got his own keyblade, Riku's, not Ven's, Riku got another one in the end ) he might not be able to turn people into wielders.

And do you really think MX would take Sora as a vessel if he were so weak ? He didn't want Ven.
I just think he hates how "the leecher" was able to outmatch him many times thanks to his connections.

Nobody will be able to defeat Xehanort by themselves since the guy doesn't play fair, Sora will be " everyone at a time ".

As for the "master" thingy, it is about having the power equivalent or not. Not " thought to be "...

But maybe Sora's connection to Aqua made him a little bit of a master and Leon's gonna kick ass :x . ( I want a FF character to have some importance :( )

krexia

Translator
Awards
I interpret the is as: It's not whether they have said power, it's whether they're acknowledged of possessing said-power by the view of one who is already made master.
But Terra possesses Master-level strength, which is why he's able to perform the inheritance ceremony even though he never officially achieves the title of Keyblade Master. As I understand it, the title of "Keyblade Master" is just a matter of bureaucracy rather than an indication of any serious difference of power or ability.

In the ending part, what did Sora means when he said he was still sleeping?
You mean the ending, part 2, where Sora says he was sleeping? That's pretty much literally what he says - that he'd been asleep, and he has something he still wants to do.

JustSnilloc

But Terra possesses Master-level strength, which is why he's able to perform the inheritance ceremony even though he never officially achieves the title of Keyblade Master. As I understand it, the title of "Keyblade Master" is just a matter of bureaucracy rather than an indication of any serious difference of power or ability.

Yeah, I've said it once, I'll probably say it 1000 more times, but "Master" is just a title, by itself it doesn't do anything

Dawn Rebirth

Yeah, I've said it once, I'll probably say it 1000 more times, but "Master" is just a title, by itself it doesn't do anything

Uhhhhhhh ... Then the point of KH3D's having a whole adventure was ... What? Why seek-out making a new master if by doing so nothing is granted to them in any way, shape, or form???

Xehanort is not going to just let Riku train long enough to learn everything YS could do in his prime. If naming someone master or performing some sort of ritual on the person to confirm them as one does nothing ...

I understand that we learned things like, ''Nobodies can grow their hearts'', that Riku went through character development via the journey, and that the speculation of obtaining Ansem's research through the game did in fact happen. But, why would YS think it neccessary to name either Sora and Riku master if it wouldn't do anything for them? He's 'almost' like a personification of the fountain of knowledge, why make them go through a journey if he would have thought it pointless?

Straythe

Uhhhhhhh ... Then the point of KH3D's having a whole adventure was ... What? Why seek-out making a new master if by doing so nothing is granted to them in any way, shape, or form???

Xehanort is not going to just let Riku train long enough to learn everything YS could do in his prime. If naming someone master or performing some sort of ritual on the person to confirm them as one does nothing ...

I understand that we learned things like, ''Nobodies can grow their hearts'', that Riku went through character development via the journey, and that the speculation of obtaining Ansem's research through the game did in fact happen. But, why would YS think it neccessary to name either Sora and Riku master if it wouldn't do anything for them? He's 'almost' like a personification of the fountain of knowledge, why make them go through a journey if he would have thought it pointless?

Good lord.

The title has ABSOLUTELY NO MEANING. NONE. ZERO.

The point of 3D was the adventure itself, to test them out. Sora failed because his heart weakened after feeling all that sorrow, and Riku passed in many ways, more notably for proving he could not be affected by darkness anymore.

Terra failed because of darkness, Sora failed kinda for the same reason.

Terra was stronger than Aqua and Eraqus, he was not a master, he could perform the ceremony of a master, so yeah, useless title is useless.

TVA1994

Good lord.

The title has ABSOLUTELY NO MEANING. NONE. ZERO.

The point of 3D was the adventure itself, to test them out. Sora failed because his heart weakened after feeling all that sorrow, and Riku passed in many ways, more notably for proving he could not be affected by darkness anymore.

Terra failed because of darkness, Sora failed kinda for the same reason.

Terra was stronger than Aqua and Eraqus, he was not a master, he could perform the ceremony of a master, so yeah, useless title is useless.

Sora failed not because his heart weakened after feeling all that sorrow he failed because he was damaged from Xemnas and his heart fell into darkness. Yen sid did the right thing if Sora passed he would not learn what Riku had learned as well as Mickey which is to resist the darkness and fight back. Sora dealt with the darkness outside forces in the games but that was his first time dealing with it inside which Riku had learned to control and resist. That gave him the power to save Sora as well as show he has the mark of mastery which is exactly what Aqua had done.
u dont need the title of master to perform the ceremony its just that the masters have the rights of passing down the keyblade because they have gained the training they needed and they have achieved much. Master is a rank just like general, u cant be general and recruit in law without training, experience, and knowledge. Just like master but even without the title u can do all that. And dont forget because Aqua became master, Eraqus did tell her that she had to know things only a Master may know. Yes its a title but IT IS NOT USELESS. And Terra was stronger because he was giving into the darkness that was consuming him. u gain power but u lose yourself in the process and thats why its dangerous and u cant. Also I would think Eraqus and Aqua wouldnt want to hurt their protege/ like son and friend. And lastly considering Aqua beat the crap out of both Venitas and Terranort terra is not stronger then her.
Anything else anyone wants to give crap to Sora and co. for?

krexia

Translator
Awards
The test itself was the point of KH3D. In the opening scenes, Riku says that he wants to take the Mark of Mastery exam as a way of testing himself, seeing if he's worthy to be a wielder despite the darkness in his heart. By taking the test, he does finally overcome his own darkness. Awarding him the title of Keyblade Master doesn't make him worthy, it's recognition of his worthiness.

Yen Sid is clearly wise enough to realise that Riku needed to confront his own doubts and darkness - and to realise that Sora still has a lot to learn. Before the test Sora was ranting about how he was doing just fine and didn't need to take any silly test; failing him is one way of letting Sora know he still has a long way to go.

And while the rank of Master doesn't confer any special kind of power or ability, I'm sure that now Riku is recognised as a Master he'll be privy to more of Yen Sid's plans, trusted with more tasks, etc, etc. It's a rank that has usefulness in terms of relationships with other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back