• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final world cinematic translations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Straythe

I think we can all agree the "master" thing is bullshit. Terra and Sora aren't masters and they're two of the most powerful wielders.

Terra HAD to make a ceremony to give Riku the right to be a candidate. I'm having a hard time figuring out how Aqua could just randomly give that right to anybody "worthy" enough (cause the list is extremely long...). She did have a spell on Kairi, but in a way, wasn't that HER mission ? To protect the light ?

It's been revealed Sora's initial right to wield the keyblade was thanks to Ven, it made more sense to me that the same thing happened to Kairi... Instead of Aqua failling to control her own power while the "guy who's not a master" nailed it perfectly.

edit :

When I said it was stupid, I didn't mean this particular situation, but what it meant.

They can just look for whoever has a lot of light and make them touch the keyblade and tadah ... ruining completely the "7 wielders" thing. There has to be some kind of limit. I don't think the wielders can pick more than one person and I don't think they can randomly give the right to be a candidate.

Otherwise why aren't they DOING THAT ? Wouldn't it be easier to defeat Xehanort ? They have dozen of heroes per world, come on. They have Mickey Riku and Yen Sid as "masters" (even though I repeat, that title is bullshit) so it wouldn't be hard if it's as easy as you think it is.

Finding new lights would be, I don't know, 125 times easier than saving Terra, for instance, so I'm not seeing how this plot convenience might make the story more interesting.

MasterZeR0

I think we can all agree the "master" thing is bullshit. Terra and Sora aren't masters and they're two of the most powerful wielders.

Terra HAD to make a ceremony to give Riku the right to be a candidate. I'm having a hard time figuring out how Aqua could just randomly give that right to anybody "worthy" enough (cause the list is extremely long...). She did have a spell on Kairi, but in a way, wasn't that HER mission ? To protect the light ?

It's been revealed Sora's initial right to wield the keyblade was thanks to Ven, it made more sense to me that the same thing happened to Kairi... Instead of Aqua failling to control her own power while the "guy who's not a master" nailed it perfectly.

edit :

When I said it was stupid, I didn't mean this particular situation, but what it meant.

They can just look for whoever has a lot of light and make them touch the keyblade and tadah ... ruining completely the "7 wielders" thing. There has to be some kind of limit. I don't think the wielders can pick more than one person and I don't think they can randomly give the right to be a candidate.

Otherwise why aren't they DOING THAT ? Wouldn't it be easier to defeat Xehanort ? They have dozen of heroes per world, come on. They have Mickey Riku and Yen Sid as "masters" (even though I repeat, that title is bullshit) so it wouldn't be hard if it's as easy as you think it is.

Finding new lights would be, I don't know, 125 times easier than saving Terra, for instance, so I'm not seeing how this plot convenience might make the story more interesting.

Okay, first, Sora is NOT all that powerful, story wise. In gameplay terms, yes, he has to be.

The keyblade doesn't require high amounts of light. It requires a strong heart. I mean, look at Xehanort. Enough said.

The master title is only a recognition that the wielder is a fully fledged keyblader, and is a master of its usage.

It's not like you say. It requires specific terms, and I think a bit of destiny is involved, as in Riku was destined to be Terra's choice, and Kairi was destined to be Aqua's.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

edit :

When you say ceremony do you mean terra's ryhme. That meant nothing he was talking to a kid and trying to make it so he would remember and understand. Its not really a ceremont all riku had to do was touch it. Terra been making up ryhmes for years

What ? How the hell can it be "unintentional" ? Is Leon and Jack Sparrow wielders too now ?

Terra had to make some sort of ceremony to make Riku a candidate. How could "Master Aqua" fail that much ?

Here Dude:
http://forums.khinsider.com/handheld-entries/147019-20-kh-mysteries-solved-sort.html
Q7: Why can Kairi use a keyblade?
A: Because she was touched by Aqua’s keyblade.

The keyblade inheritance ceremony is performed with a keyblade master touches someone using a keyblade. When Kairi was running away from the Unversed in BbS she grabbed Aqua’s keyblade, which performed the ceremony. That is why she is able to use a keyblade in KHII to help Sora.

Straythe

Oh god, I'm seeing everybody with a keyblade at the end of KH 3 fighting Xehanort's 150 clones from time -_- ...

Leon for da win though, he totally got the ceremony.

Anyway, any princess of light should be able to wield one then, since their heart were strong enough TO BUILD A FREAKIN UNIVERSE ...

What's stopping them from even trying :/ ? Lea and Roxas shouldn't be there.

Aqua Terra Ven = > Kairi Riku Sora, okay for Mickey. I'm not getting why Lea is suddenly replacing Terra, and what's Roxas' place in all that.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Leon for da win though, he totally got the ceremony.
From what I remember of the BbS stuff I translated back in the day, only someone with Master-level power can perform the ceremony, intentionally or not. I doubt Sora had that kind of power back when he first met Leon.

MasterZeR0

From what I remember of the BbS stuff I translated back in the day, only someone with Master-level power can perform the ceremony, intentionally or not. I doubt Sora had that kind of power back when he first met Leon.

And Sora definitely didn't have that back in the day. In fact, he's still not master material. (3D ending being a case in point.)

krexia

Translator
Awards
And Sora definitely didn't have that back in the day. In fact, he's still not master material. (3D ending being a case in point.)
Technically you don't need to actually have the title of Keyblade Master to be able to perform the ceremony, just to have Master-level power... but I still can't imagine Sora was that powerful at the beginning of KH1.

MasterZeR0

Technically you don't need to actually have the title of Keyblade Master to be able to perform the ceremony, just to have Master-level power... but I still can't imagine Sora was that powerful at the beginning of KH1.

Definitely not. I imagine he's one of the weaker ones actually, both strength-wise and magic-wise. Of course, in terms of gameplay, he has to be powerful, as I said.

Straythe

How is he powerful in terms of gameplay exactly ? Terra and Ven's gameplay were SO MUCH better and so much more impressive... (in terms of speed and power, and flashy amazing moves)

But Sora is the hero, he's the one who saved all those worlds, the one who defeated Ansem, the one who managed to get rid of more than half the organization, the one who was able to take down Xemnas (before he fused with .. whatever), if the guy can defeat the regular Xemnas, how is he weak ?! Xehanort wouldn't want the guy if he was weak. He's the guy everyone calls for help, he's the one connected to everybody..

Sora has been weakened by the sorrow he felt, but no way he's way behind Riku. He is master potential, the fact that he failed is not relevant (just like Terra failed because of the same reason, darkness, he was still more powerful than required and even outmatched Eraqus)

It's just like Anakin not getting the master title because they felt doubt in him even though he was already more powerful than 80% of the Jedi council, and was going to be the most powerful of them all. It creates frustration.

That was the case for Terra, but Sora, THE MAIN HERO, is obviously not weak. The reason for his failure was elsewhere.

As for Leon, I was kidding. But if it's "that simple", it's really lame, and I don't see the "natural choice" in there. I don't even see why they wouldn't try to actually get Leon, or another princess etc...

Why wouldn't they try ? If a random child could become a candidate because she had a strong heart, if a nobody turned human can have a keyblade, why not any of the FF or Disney heroes ? Like Hercules, don't tell me the guy couldn't wield a keyblade. And Leon should be able to wield one. Not Cloud though (because of Sephiroth).

It just seems WAY too easy. Especially since Kairi was so young, that means it's just about the heart and not the connections... Meaning it can really be anybody :/ .

MasterZeR0

How is he powerful in terms of gameplay exactly ? Terra and Ven's gameplay were SO MUCH better and so much more impressive... (in terms of speed and power, and flashy amazing moves)

But Sora is the hero, he's the one who saved all those worlds, the one who defeated Ansem, the one who managed to get rid of more than half the organization, the one who was able to take down Xemnas (before he fused with .. whatever), if the guy can defeat the regular Xemnas, how is he weak ?! Xehanort wouldn't want the guy if he was weak. He's the guy everyone calls for help, he's the one connected to everybody..

Sora has been weakened by the sorrow he felt, but no way he's way behind Riku. He is master potential, the fact that he failed is not relevant (just like Terra failed because of the same reason, darkness, he was still more powerful than required and even outmatched Eraqus)

It's just like Anakin not getting the master title because they felt doubt in him even though he was already more powerful than 80% of the Jedi council, and was going to be the most powerful of them all. It creates frustration.

That was the case for Terra, but Sora, THE MAIN HERO, is obviously not weak. The reason for his failure was elsewhere.

As for Leon, I was kidding. But if it's "that simple", it's really lame, and I don't see the "natural choice" in there. I don't even see why they wouldn't try to actually get Leon, or another princess etc...

Why wouldn't they try ? If a random child could become a candidate because she had a strong heart, if a nobody turned human can have a keyblade, why not any of the FF or Disney heroes ? Like Hercules, don't tell me the guy couldn't wield a keyblade. And Leon should be able to wield one. Not Cloud though (because of Sephiroth).

It just seems WAY too easy. Especially since Kairi was so young, that means it's just about the heart and not the connections... Meaning it can really be anybody :/ .

Okay, wow, you're getting a little worked up. Sora is pretty weak, and that's why the Xehanorganization wants him. Easy to manipulate, right? And by weak, I mean he had to teach himself how to use the keyblade. He's not refined. He uses an unorthodox style. The only other person to use a keyblade with two hands was Eraqus, who used it for a samurai-like stance and added power. Sora just doesn't have the power behind him. Sora's not as strong as Mickey, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, And I would even say Roxas, maybe.

tmp1114

Awards
Do you remember the scene in BBS where Lea pick up ven wooden keyblade.

Straythe

Oh cause Ven is a master-level too now ? I say it, LEON FOR DA WIN. :p

How is Sora weak again, HE DEFEATED XEMNAS, so he's at least having Terra's level (Terra who is stronger than most of the wielders).

He was also able to battle Roxas, who was super strong.

MasterZeR0

Oh cause Ven is a master-level too now ? I say it, LEON FOR DA WIN. :p

How is Sora weak again, HE DEFEATED XEMNAS, so he's at least having Terra's level (Terra who is stronger than most of the wielders).

He was also able to battle Roxas, who was super strong.

Sora can hold his own. That's it. He and Riku defeated Xemnas TOGETHER. Sora is strong, yes, but not as strong as others.

In any case, we're far off-topic.

Straythe

Sora can hold his own. That's it. He and Riku defeated Xemnas TOGETHER. Sora is strong, yes, but not as strong as others.

In any case, we're far off-topic.

Yes and no, we are discussing what happened in 3D (in terms of revelations) and how it will play out in the future games. Krexia's first post has been edited, I think, even though she would deserve it, we're not obligated to only thank her for her hard work, and that we can extrapolate.

Now, I wasn't talking about THAT Xemnas, he cheated and used several powers that wasn't his.

Sora defeated the "fair" Xemnas (the tower battle). You don't "handle your own" when you're able to defeat the strongest organization member on your own, who was made out of two of the most powerful keybladers, MX and Terra.

Though it's true Xemnas wasn't using a keyblade, but nevertheless, how is Sora weak O_O ... ? Why do you consider Sora weak exactly ? As you said, NOBODY taught him anything, and yet he saved many worlds and defeated incredibly powerful enemies.

MinerKing

I don't think Sora uses the full extent of his powers at all times. From the translations we can see that even the strength he does have doesn't come from him alone, but from all the hearts connected to his. The point is Sora isn't disciplined, and doesn't exactly know how to channel the power he has in his heart. Hopefully the time he spends training in the Realm of Sleep will teach him that.

Straythe

But that would make him extremely terrible since all those "hearts" will awaken... I don't see Sora channeling their powers while they're alive and fine and having battles of their own ...

How is he powerful in terms of gameplay exactly.
We're talking about strength of heart and not physical strength. Aqua and Terra hearts were strong enough to pass on the power. Besides Sora can not perform the ceremony on anyone because he's a parasite that leaches of the power of those connected to him so he's not a true keyblade user by tradition.

It just seems WAY too easy.
Not really cause
A. You and the wielder of said keyblade need to be touching it at the same time
B. The keyblade can hide in hyperspace
C. If you touch said wielder keyblade without their permition without them toughing it at the same time said keyblade will go it to hyperspace or the wielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back