• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Trailer (now with Simple and Clean!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Mario64

Re: Final Trailer Here (7:11)

Not necessarily. Just because someone is going to buy the game, even though they don't like the VA's, doesn't mean that the VAs had no impact on the game. It just means they want to experience the story anyway, even if the VAs suck balls.

Let's not forget that reviews are what's going to make or break BBS. Graphics will have a relevant amount of influence in the review considering this game is for psp, but I think that presentation will be what's going to make or break the review. For an established series, most players know that presentation is a huge part (of any series). In order for this game to sell; considering it is the 6th game in the series, the presentation will have to score an 8.5 at bear minimum. I just don't know about it, considering the many new voice actors. Gameplay and lasting appeal shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'm counting on IGN to give this a good review. KH will get a ton more fans if this game manages to sell.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

The English one? Not so much IMO, but I think I just need to stop being biased towards the Japanese version. MUST FORGET I EVER HEARD IT...

To be fair to the English VA, it's gotta be hard to live up to the complete shock most of us got when we heard Vanitas' JP VA for the first time. xD

On a different note, does anyone else hear a bit of the "angsty Squenix character accent" (that hint of a drawl that Riku and Cloud have) when Vanitas says "...and by the time you catch up?"

Awards

Gameplay and lasting appeal shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'm counting on IGN to give this a good review. KH will get a ton more fans if this game manages to sell.

Don't ever count on IGN giving a game a really good review. They only give good reviews to Mario, Zelda, God of War, and Metal Gear games. :/
They're douchebags.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

The English one? Not so much IMO, but I think I just need to stop being biased towards the Japanese version. MUST FORGET I EVER HEARD IT...

IMO, your right. Here's what I think of the laughs.

Japanese version Vanitas -- Insane Person. One that sends chills down your spine.

English version Vanitas -- Creepy Predator. Also sends chills down the spine...but you're just like "Ok?".

no offense to HJO, he's doing good as Vanitas IMO

But now I'm getting used to English Vanitas' laugh.

Last edited:

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

IMO, your right. Here's what I think of the laughs.

Japanese version Vanitas -- Insane Person.

English version Vanitas -- Creepy Predator.

no offense to HJO, he's doing good as Vanitas IMO

But now I'm getting used to English Vanitas' laugh.

I agree with you about getting used to English!Van's laugh.

I still like the Japanese one's better...but who knows, maybe that will change when I actually play the game. :D

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I've been following the series myself since KH1 was first released; at first I was a little intrigued that Final Fantasy and Disney could team up, and then when I read about the plot I was like, "MUST. BUY."

i had never heard of final fantasy until i played kh and that was 2006 i had never played one until christmas when i got dissidia and crisis core and then ff7 but before that i had seen advent children which i loved

CreativeGenius13

Voice acting has nothing to do with plot.

Actualy, It does.

Most games have characters explaining things which tell you the plot.

They also provide the emotion that you get from hearing their cries or sorrow and their screams of pain.

Voice Acting has alot to do with plot.

Allister Rose

French Lover

i absolutely love vanitas English voice....though he could be a little louder when he talks.

not so sure about how vanitas's name is pronounced....maybe the A is more of a turn A sound. kind of like how Aura pronounced but i gues thats why the U is in there.

oh well. Aqua is ok, she just sounds how do you say....i want to say ignorant but i guess that's too harsh. maybe too....young?

terra is also ok, but i think he could also sound a little older

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Actualy, It does.

They also provide the emotion that you get from hearing their cries or sorrow and their screams of pain.

exactly thats what i was trying to explain earlier they help tell the story its like when your younger and can't read and someons telling you a story

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Actualy, It does.

IDK games like FF1-9 seem to disagree.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

IDK games like FF1-9 seem to disagree.

No voice acting is acceptable (with older games) but bad voice acting isn't. In this case though, it seems to be very mixed.

magi

......oooook...i don't like this dubbing.Only Terra,Ven and Vanitas,but the others...iiiiih....maybe you're asking yourself why i'm criticizing the english dub because i'm italian...the fact is that we italians are too lazy to dub the Kingdom Hearts games,so we use the english dub with italian sub.,so i really suffered when i saw this trailer,buuuuut...Pete as a D-Link? |0/ cool :°D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

......oooook...i don't like this dubbing.Only Terra,Ven and Vanitas,but the others...iiiiih....

Cool, you like Terra as well? :D
But you don't like Mark Hamill as Eraqus. For some reason, this perplexes me.

maybe you're asking yourself why i'm criticizing the english dub

Not really. It's not like you're the first to criticize.

because i'm italian...the fact is that we italians are too lazy to dub the Kingdom Hearts games,so we use the english dub with italian sub.,

So that's how they do it there. Sorry, I was curious ^^

so i really suffered when i saw this trailer,

Suffered? A bit drastic, don't you think?

buuuuut...Pete as a D-Link? |0/ cool :°D

That's an...interesting emoticon...

magi

Whew,you scared me with your inquisition...just kidding ^^
Well,i don't like Eraqus's voice.Don't ask me why.Actually i don't know (i'm strange,i know :p),it's only that when i heard his voice it didn't got me.
I think that we're the only one who don't have a local dub for the Kingdom hearts games...that's frustrating...i would really like to hear how they voice theme in italian,but it won't never happen...BUT trust me,perhaps it's better like this because the italian dub is the worst of all...
Yes,you're right,i was too tragic,it's only that i didn't find a better way to say how i found the dub ^^'.
You mean this --> |0/ ? One of my friend showed that to me a month ago.it rapresents a man that raises his arms in joy.But i don't know why,i can't do that as i wish here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back