• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Trailer (now with Simple and Clean!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: Final Trailer Here (7:11)

Terra sounded way too deep

I think what they did with Japanese Terra was to make his voice match his physique instead of his age - not to say there aren't guys his age who have a deep voice. I notice they tend to do that quite a bit with Japanese VAs; the characters really don't sound their age.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

I think what they did with Japanese Terra was to make his voice match his physique instead of his age - not to say there aren't guys his age who have a deep voice. I notice they tend to do that quite a bit with Japanese VAs; the characters really don't sound their age.

—What was your reasoning for choosing Ryotaro Okiayu as Terra?
NOMURA: Chikao Otsuka, who plays Master Xehanort, has a dry sort of voice. The actor for Terra-Xehanort, Akio Otsuka, has a deep resonating sort of voice. We wanted something that would have elements of both in it, and ended up choosing him. Of course we chose Chikao Otsuka for Xehanort as he is the real father of Akio Otsuka.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

—What was your reasoning for choosing Ryotaro Okiayu as Terra?
NOMURA: Chikao Otsuka, who plays Master Xehanort, has a dry sort of voice. The actor for Terra-Xehanort, Akio Otsuka, has a deep resonating sort of voice. We wanted something that would have elements of both in it, and ended up choosing him. Of course we chose Chikao Otsuka for Xehanort as he is the real father of Akio Otsuka.

I forgot about the father/son thing...that'd be an interesting experience...

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

You just get an image about everything that suddenly makes you not taking a character seriously, don't you?

Yes I do.

It gives me lol material later for when I'm sitting in class and bored out of my mind.

EDIT:

Went back and watched the trailer again. I'm still a tad disappointed with DiZ, but I guess it's because I'm biased - I like Christopher Lee better.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yes I do.

It gives me lol material later for when I'm sitting in class and bored out of my mind.

EDIT:

Went back and watched the trailer again. I'm still a tad disappointed with DiZ, but I guess it's because I'm biased - I like Christopher Lee better.

Because Christopher Lee is better. Gosh, they ruined the epic. I mean, Corey Burton does a good job but he isn't Christopher Lee with his awesome voice.

I haven't taken MX seriously since I've heard stories of Nimoy being pranked by Shatner. There is no turning back from that. And the "A GREAT KEYBLADE WAR RAAAAGHHHED" makes me joke about him.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Can you give me some of your lol material?

I usualy have nothing to do but listen to the teacher go on and on about the importance of some War that took place over 100 years ago in Afterica which I honestly couldn't care less about.

Starting with MX sucking helium out of a balloon and going on a "AND A GREAT KEYBLADE WAR RAAAAEEEGGGG'D" rant, a la Vic Migogna:

[video=youtube;lRq9Y4sMUMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRq9Y4sMUMI&feature=search[/video]

And then something along the lines of Terra being Batman who likes to carry around a fluffy and has a fetish for blonde vampire slayers...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Because Christopher Lee is better.

FACT. Christopher Lee makes anything better. Even if a movie is complete and utter trash, just having 1 second of Christopher Lee in it will suddenly make the movie become atleast decent. He's that good!

Starting with MX sucking helium out of a balloon and going on a "AND A GREAT KEYBLADE WAR RAAAAEEEGGGG'D" rant, a la Vic Migogna:

And then something along the lines of Terra being Batman who likes to carry around a fluffy and has a fetish for blonde vampire slayers...

Blimey, this thread is weird 0_0

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Which was probably what saved Revenge of the Sith. :|

...eh, I still have a soft spot for Revenge of the Sith.

Yes I know that Anakin was still whiny like he was in episode II
Yes I know the Anakin/Padme relationship was still crap
Yes I know that there were plotholes with Yoda leaving the fight and Obi-wan leaving Anakin to burn
Yes I know they killed Christopher Lee off too early
etc.

I know! But this was the first of the prequels to actually feel like Star Wars and to actually have a true connection with the original saga. Heck, the very last shot of the film alone was able to make my opinion on the movie to be "decent"

*End of random rant*

But yeah, Christopher Lee was good. He was also the only good actor in Return to Witch Mountain (the sequel to Escape to Witch Mountain)

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Blimey, this thread is weird 0_0

Actually, this thread is pretty normal by Interwebs standards.

But yeah, Christopher Lee was good. He was also the only good actor in Return to Witch Mountain (the sequel to Escape to Witch Mountain)

Anyone know why Christopher didn't come back for BBS? I'm just wondering.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Actually, this thread is pretty normal by Interwebs standards.

Anyone know why Christopher didn't come back for BBS? I'm just wondering.

I don't think we'll ever know. Maybe Christopher Lee is picky with roles? Or maybe he feels old now so he decided to not do it. Or he passed on it just because. Or they weren't paying him enough per line.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I don't think we'll ever know. Maybe Christopher Lee is picky with roles? Or maybe he feels old now so he decided to not do it. Or he passed on it just because. Or they weren't paying him enough per line.

Well he can't be *that* picky, otherwise I don't think he would've done AtW to begin with.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Terra: Sounds way too young for someone of that body build and age (though now that I've learned it's a flashback, you can cross it out). Otherwise - ♥.
Aqua: I don't get the complaints. She could put more emotion in her voice sometimes, yeah, but she actually did rather well. Even when Zack asked her for a date - she sounded like any girl caught off guard would. The only line I hated was the "Master Aqua" one. That was incredibly lame for something that was supposed to be delivered with confidence, strength, and determination.
Ventus: ♥♥
- I like how Jesse can harbor different tones for the different characters. Roxas, even when cheerful, was always sort of low on voice, like he was relaxing in the most calmest way despite that he was laughing and enjoying himself. He was also more serious. To put it short: Ventus sounds like he has a great zest for life while Roxas seems to be more "meh, life, it exists, let's waste the day".
Vanitas: ♥♥
MX: I think people aren't used to Nimoy's type of voice, because it really isn't bad when delivered. It sounds awesome.
ME: Sort of fits, sort of doesn't. But great.
Past Org. members: Good. Isa and Lea sounded great (though I wonder why they made Lea say "Get it memorized"). Vexen...was Vexen. Dilan and Aeleus sounded alright, not the best. I could barely hear Braig. Ienzo never speaks, so....
Mickey: I can tell it's not the same VA, actually. Other than that, there's no difference whatsoever.
Riku: Sounds like a four year old.
Ansem: Good. Very good.

I'm one of the people who didn't listen to the Japanese voices except when trailers came about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Terra: Sounds way too young for someone of that body build and age (though now that I've learned it's a flashback, you can cross it out). Otherwise - ♥.
Aqua: I don't get the complaints. She could put more emotion in her voice sometimes, yeah, but she actually did rather well. Even when Zack asked her for a date - she sounded like any girl caught off guard would. The only line I hated was the "Master Aqua" one. That was incredibly lame for something that was supposed to be delivered with confidence, strength, and determination.
Ventus: ♥♥
- I like how Jesse can harbor different tones for the different characters. Roxas, even when cheerful, was always sort of low on voice, like he was relaxing in the most calmest way despite that he was laughing and enjoying himself. He was also more serious. To put it short: Ventus sounds like he has a great zest for life while Roxas seems to be more "meh, life, it exists, let's waste the day".
Vanitas: ♥♥
MX: I think people aren't used to Nimoy's type of voice, because it really isn't bad when delivered. It sounds awesome.
ME: Sort of fits, sort of doesn't. But great.
Past Org. members: Good. Isa and Lea sounded great (though I wonder why they made Lea say "Get it memorized"). Vexen...was Vexen. Dilan and Aeleus sounded alright, not the best. I could barely hear Braig. Ienzo never speaks, so....
Mickey: I can tell it's not the same VA, actually. Other than that, there's no difference whatsoever.
Riku: Sounds like a four year old.
Ansem: Good. Very good.

I'm one of the people who didn't listen to the Japanese voices except when trailers came about.

Can I marry this comment?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Isa and Lea sounded great (though I wonder why they made Lea say "Get it memorized")
It has to do with what he's saying to Ventus. Making it more of an order than a rhetorical catchphrase.
I'm pretty sure he says "got it memorized" when he tells Ven his name though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back