• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Trailer (now with Simple and Clean!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: Final Trailer Here (7:11)

Ok, The trailer is 7 mins and 11 seconds.

About 3 mins in, I started crying.

I have been folowing this game for so long (since it announced.) and I am so disapointed at the voice acting that I'm really not sure that I wnat to play it.

Aqua is far far to emotionless for her role in this.

Terra is too high and childish, It needs to be deeper.

Ventus seems too loud on some lines.

Master Xehinort just doesn't sound like Xehinort.

Master Eriquas doesn't sound right but I can't put my finger on it.

Mickey is perfect but using "bully" just ruins that line for me.

Vanitus (NOT VANIDEAUS GOD DAMN IT!!) is perfect and I like the deeper laugh more then the high pictched one.

Most of the other Disney characters are perfect but I still hate how Tinker Bell has lines and The Loast Boys and Peter Pan sound bad.

I couldn't really hear VeXin, LeaXious, or Xaldin's full counterparts so I can't comment on them.

Pete was off to me but that might have been the trailer (same for Chip and Dale but I never liked their modern voices)

-sigh-

Anyone wnat to come with me to shoot whoever choose the voice actors for these beloved and most favored characters of the Kingdom Hearts Saga? (They killed Aqua for me.)

Ummm, let's spell right, then I'll attempt to argue with you.

*exits thread.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I fixed all of your spelling errors :D

I hope that's just an exaggeration...

I have been folowing this game for so long (since it announced.) and I am so disapointed at the voice acting that I'm really not sure that I wnat to play it.

Why deprive yourself of a perfectly good game just because you don't like the voices? It's not like BBS has the absolute worst VAing ever (see: Star Ocean: The Second Story, or Arc Rise Fantasia)

I disagree.

I'd blame that on bad editting.

Master Xehanort just doesn't sound like Xehanort.

Are you trying to tell me he doesn't sound like an old man who could kick the bucket at any moment?

Master Eraqus doesn't sound right but I can't put my finger on it.

-gasp!- Actually, you're the first I know of to think Mark Hamill doesn't make an awesome Eraqus D:

It's in his character to say stuff like that.

Vanitus (NOT VANIDEAUS GOD DAMN IT!!) is perfect and I like the deeper laugh more then the high pictched one.

You know, when you say Vanitas really quickly, the T sounds kinda like a D...

Most of the other Disney characters are perfect but I still hate how Tinkerbell has lines and The Loast Boys and Peter Pan sound bad.

No she doesn't. She...tinkles. Like in the other games. She doesn't have a speaking part like in those 3D Tinkerbell movies.

I couldn't really hear Vexen, Lexaeus, or Xaldin's full counterparts so I can't comment on them.

Meh.

Anyone wnat to come with me to shoot whoever choose the voice actors for these beloved and most favored characters of the Kingdom Hearts Saga? (They killed Aqua for me.)

Have fun in jail then. I'll be sitting here enjoying the voice acting and the awesome game I'm going to get in 20 days :D

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Most of the other Disney characters are perfect but I still hate how Tinker Bell has lines and The Loast Boys and Peter Pan sound bad.

I couldn't really hear VeXin, LeaXious, or Xaldin's full counterparts so I can't comment on them.

Pete was off to me but that might have been the trailer (same for Chip and Dale but I never liked their modern voices)

-sigh-

Lol, just shut up.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Hi Internet Tough Guy

25 characters.

25 characters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm currently in a mental struggle between Diet Coke/Pepsi and Dr. Pepper, personally. ;D

Ah. That DOES make sense. ^_^ Thanks. :D

Oh, that is an evil battle. I usually back away and go for the Sprite if I can't choose one. -sips her Pepsi- Yet Pepsi wins most of the time. >_<

No problem VT! :D

Wimp.

Learn how to spell. Then I might find this serious.

Because there are no background sounds. Trust me, she sounds better than before. And this is a trailer. The trailers SQEX NA makes are BAD.

In that scene he was like three years younger. >_>

Bad editing on SQEX's part. They suck at volume levels.

Xehanort. And don't diss the Nimoy. (eh...doesn't sound as epic as "The Shatner") DON'T DISS SPOCK.

Eraqus. And he is perfect. Mark Hamill usually voices evil people, which might be throwing you off.

That is his character.

Vanitas. And Nimoy said "Van-eh-tus" which is perfect English.

Tink has no lines. And The LOST Boys and Peter sound perfect.

Evan, Dilian, and Aeleus (ugh, I keep spelling his name wrong). >_>

Pete voice actor has been the same for years now. It is fine.

Sigh to you too, hun.

No, have fun in jail. And have fun being killed by my own hands when you kill Nimoy. :D

Last edited:
B

Bodaciously G

I think the trailer is good for what was worth.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Are you trying to tell me he doesn't sound like an old man who could kick the bucket at any moment?
See, that's why i don't like Nimoy for MX, because i don't think MX -should- sound like "an old man who could kick the bucket at any moment". Master Xehanort is a tough bitch. In the FM+ video he defeats Terra and Ventus with one hand behind his back. To me, MX isn't some old crumbly master, but that's exactly what Nimoy makes him sound like.

and I don't really care for Mark Hamill as Eraqus either. Not to say he's bad, but, I don't know. Listening to the Japanese VA and then the English, i feel like some sort of quality was lost along the way.

Alisa180

I just watched the trailer, and IT'S AWESOME. What do you guys mean the music is overpowering? I could hear the voices well enough. Then again, I am known for my sensitive hearing....

Voice Comments
Terra-He did sound a bit strange in that flashback scene, but after that, he was great.

Aqua-I like her voice well enough. I agree her 'Master Aqua' line sounded slightly off, but it was okay.

Ven-Of course, he was awesome.

Vanitas-Holy crud. SPOILER: HJO NAILED this guy! I remember hearing his first line in that trailer a while back, and thinking 'WOW!' I'm even more impressed with this trailer.

MX-I think his voice sounds strange, honestly. Out of all the voices, his is the one that will take me the most getting used to.

ME-He sounded wierd to me at first, but now I like it.

Dilan and Aeleus- They're pretty good from what I've heard so far.

Isa-It's hard to imagine his voice as a younger Saix, but it's close to what I've always imagined it, so I'm very happy with it!

Lea-Definetly sounds like a younger Axel here. I cannot wait to see the full scene with him and Isa!

Braig-He was awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing more of this guy.

DiZ-He sounded good to me. Then again, I couldn't tell the difference between his Re:COM voice and his KHII voice so...

Mickey-Special mention to this guy. Bret is a worthy sucessor to Wayne's voice. I couldn't even tell the difference!

All Disney Characters-Of course, they were all amazing.

So yeah, that sums it up.

Last edited:

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

See, that's why i don't like Nimoy for MX, because i don't think MX -should- sound like "an old man who could kick the bucket at any moment". Master Xehanort is a tough bitch. In the FM+ video he defeats Terra and Ventus with one hand behind his back. To me, MX isn't some old crumbly master, but that's exactly what Nimoy makes him sound like.

and I don't really care for Mark Hamill as Eraqus either. Not to say he's bad, but, I don't know. Listening to the Japanese VA and then the English, i feel like some sort of quality was lost along the way.
But thats just it. The appearance leads you into a false sense of security that this old decrepit guy with a bad back is going to be easy to take down. When in actuality he'll mop the floor with you, that's why (too me) he was so impressive and frightening when he fought TAV in the FM+ ending.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

But thats just it. The appearance leads you into a false sense of security that this old decrepit guy with a bad back is going to be easy to take down. When in actuality he'll mop the floor with you, that's why (too me) he was so impressive and frightening when he fought TAV in the FM+ ending.
Yeah, but, to me, the appearance was enough for that. I don't need for him to sound like it, too. =/

It's just a personal preference, I'd rather him sound more like he did in the Japanese release.

LuxordKing

Oh, that is an evil battle. I usually back away and go for the Sprite if I can't choose one. -sips her Pepsi- Yet Pepsi wins most of the time. >_<

No problem VT! :D

I love you, you like told him everything I wanted to say.

khconnect

It is a disappointment on the voice acting (lack of sooo much emotion). I did enjoy a few scenes with a good amount of emotion from the three main characters, but it's sad that ATW is being done by Corey Burton and not Christopher Lee. Plus how some of the old characters who we've heard before are different now. I can understand it a little with the organization members cause this is them in a younger stage, except Braig & Isa cause they don't even share their original personalities/emotions (though the were nobodies lol). Including others like King Mickey are just too different. Is it that hard to get the original (good emotional) cast back together?

If Sora's voice is different (plus riku & Kiari's) well it'll just be a big disappointment for future games following this.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Plus how some of the old characters who we've heard before are different now. I can understand it a little with the organization members cause this is them in a younger stage, except Braig & Isa cause they don't even share their original personalities/emotions (though the were nobodies lol). Including others like King Mickey are just too different. Is it that hard to get the original (good emotional) cast back together?.
Aside from AtW + Mickey, all of those people you listed have the exact same voice actors...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

You know what... I truly believe the reason some people hate some actors is because people were so used to the Japanese voices for over 2 years (I believe the beta trailer with voices was released in 2008) that they think anything different just sounds odd.

So basically everytime I played BBS, I know would skip the cutscenes. I've done this for over a month and have only watched the English trailers. After I was used to the English voices and I watch the scenes from the Japanese version and... the Japanese version suddenly sounded horrible. MX suddenly sounded like he sucked on helium, Terra sounded way too deep, Aqua sounded way too young, and so on. Why would I suddenly think the JAP version totally sucked? Because I got so used to the English voice actors.

Just thought I'd throw that out there that a good chunk of many people's opinions on the VAs depend on how many times they heard the JAP voice actors as opposed to the English ones.

Yeah, but, to me, the appearance was enough for that. I don't need for him to sound like it, too. =/

It's just a personal preference, I'd rather him sound more like he did in the Japanese release.

Nah, I agree with loke13 (wow, that's a shock). I always felt the Japanese voice didn't fit his appearance at all. He sounded like a 40 year old trying to do a Japanese Darth Sidious impression.

The thing is that Nimoy makes MX look like a crippled old man... so when you fight him and you realize he can kill you instantly, it's full of much more impact because you don't see it coming.

Plus the JAP Xehanort made Terra look like an idiot. Just by hearing the JAP voice, you know he's evil. So it makes Terra seem so gullible that he'd trust him. But with Nimoy, it's different. It's more believable why Terra would actually listen to MX because he both looks and sounds like a crippled old man who wants to make the worlds right. But once you finally find out his evil nature, it just feels... more "shocking" in a sense.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

The only thing I didn't like was Vanitas's laugh. It wasn't creepy/batshit insane enough for me. Then again, I guess I shouldn't be comparing it to the Japanese version - now THAT laugh could give you nightmares.

I think for the most part the cast improved though, especially Aqua - I was glad to hear more from her. And I LOVED Terra and Ven. Eraqus sounded good too, and so did MX, IMO.

I was so excited to hear Quinton Flynn do a younger voice, and I think he pulled it off (not going to make any final judgments until the game, mind). Isa sounded okay too. I loved hearing the other apprentices - totally looking forward to hearing more dialogue, especially from Braig very psyched about the secret ending in that regard, too.

Also, just one more thing I didn't really like about the trailer was the music. I think it was a little too loud.

MX suddenly sounded like he sucked on helium

I just got an image in my head of him doing that. Now I'll never be able to take him seriously. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back