• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Trailer (now with Simple and Clean!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxordKing

Re: Final Trailer Here (7:11)

Everybody in the trailer sounded weird to me. i blame it on bad editing. Also the fact I'm sued to the Japanese voices and hold the JF trailer in high regard, and I think SQEX NA failed with making this trailer as epic as the Japanese one.

Yay! Same. God, I'm sad he is in retirement now. *also excited for new season of Fringe*

I know I'm dying for the premier which I think is September 7th or September 8th :). Also wanna see the new season of V.

Omegataco

Awards

I don't really get this sentiment. I mean, it's not like they redid the voice work between trailers... if you thought lines from the last trailer were bad, they'd still be bad in the game, right?

The problem was, in my opinion, that they were moving from scene to scene to quickly in the other trailers, we never got to see the entirety of the VA in a scene. They did that with Nimoy in the other trailers, and I was iffy about his voice until this. After listening to him say a full paragraph without any lame transitions to a different scene, I actually love his voice and think it is perfect for MX.

It is like someone mentioned above with bad video editing. I think it is because they based the English trailers exactly off of the Japanese ones, that there lies the problem as these are 2 different languages, seeing a small segment of a certain scene being spoken in JP will feel and seem completely different as it is listening to it in English.

Honestly, I don't even hesitate to say that most of this crying about the voice acting is direct outcome of this. I've seen opinions change from trailer to trailer, that is evidence enough.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KK I watched the Auqa and Zack seen about 50 times now and I think she said

"Ohhh... [I mean (OR) You mean] noo." (Did anyone notice that her head gestures looked weird like as if right when she said "no" her head snapped back as if no animation between...I mean its there just look really un-natural.

Doesn't look like that to me.
And yeah, she said "Oh, you mean, oh!"

Ikkin

Bronze Member

So what have we learned?

Square Enix of America sucks at editting trailers.

I honestly think they're trolling us, at this point. There's no way anyone who's paid to edit trailers could mess this up so thoroughly. xD

Mixing voice clips together in the middle of a sentence, what the heck? o_o

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

And now I notice spoilers near the end of the trailer. Thanks for pointing them out for me guys you ruin everything

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

The problem was, in my opinion, that they were moving from scene to scene to quickly in the other trailers, we never got to see the entirety of the VA in a scene. They did that with Nimoy in the other trailers, and I was iffy about his voice until this. After listening to him say a full paragraph without any lame transitions to a different scene, I actually love his voice and think it is perfect for MX.
Eh, to me, he still sounds way too weak and crumbly for MX.

Honestly, I don't even hesitate to say that most of this crying about the voice acting is direct outcome of this. I've seen opinions change from trailer to trailer, that is evidence enough.
Most of my issues are actually with the way the lines have been localized. The poor delivery for many of them doesn't help though.

And now I notice spoilers near the end of the trailer. Thanks for pointing them out for me guys you ruin everything
lol, it's already IN the trailer. Pointing out the fact that they are doesn't change the fact that they are in the trailer to begin with.

LuxordKing

Doesn't look like that to me.
And yeah, she said "Oh, you mean, oh!"

She said "Oh, you mean, No!" not Oh it doesn't look like it and the mouth movement doesn't look like ohh either.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

She said "Oh, you mean, No!" not Oh it doesn't look like it and the mouth movement doesn't look like ohh either.

That's because the last "oh" is short and quick, not long and drawn out. I'm still not hearing the "no" :\

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I honestly think they're trolling us, at this point. There's no way anyone who's paid to edit trailers could mess this up so thoroughly. xD

And let's not forget the fact that there's a half a second of a black screen between gameplay and cutscenes. Seriously, were they rushing through these trailers or what?

That's because the last "oh" is short and quick, not long and drawn out. I'm still not hearing the "no" :\

Wow, you guys are being nitpicky.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

Don't say "no way", theres always a way.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

i watched in one more time with no expectations and to be honest it really isnt bad, i just feel that i am holding this game up to the expectation of the japan version and i shouldnt have done that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back