• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Results for Gamefaqs poll.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TepidShark

Awards
This will probably get reported on the main page but still here are the final results for the Gamefaqs poll that asked, "Would you buy Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ if it were released in English?":

Yes, even though I already have the import - 3.34% - 2550 Votes

Yes, I loved the original that much - 35.22% - 26912 Votes

Yes, although I never played the original - 14.12% - 10786 Votes

No, the standard version was enough for me - 13.4% - 10239 Votes

No, never played it, don't want to - 33.92% - 25917 Votes

Total Votes: 76404

Tepidshark's comments: This looks very promising if Square Enix does pay attention to it. One, it is awesome that the winner was people who played the original would buy it again, that is the key thing that needs to be gotten across to Square Enix that people who bought the first KH2 will buy this one as well. But also, it is cool that people who didn't play the original but would buy the FM+ took third place. That helps. I wouldn't be to worried about what came in second place because my bet is these are people interested in the whole Kingdom Hearts series.

The only thing that kinda is a little concerning to me is the number of people who would buy it even though they got the import version. Granted, 2550 votes is pretty good, but I would have thought that would have been more even with the choices that ultimately took 3rd and 4th place. Unless, there are just not alot of people who imported in genaral.

The votes among all the yes categoires look great. The total percentage of all the people who would buy it if it came out in English is 52.68%. The total number of votes on the yes categoires is 40,248 of the votes. So assuming each one of those votes is one person and like in Japan the game comes out for the price of one regular PS2 game or in America $50, Square Enix would make $2,012,400 just off the people who voted if it comes out here. Now that might seem low but keep in mind that the poll was only based off people who actully know about the game. If Square Enix put some good marketing behind the FM+ and make a strong effort to explain why gamers should buy this game again they make that number much larger because it will make more people will know about it and it would be clearer that the game contains new features that should entice more people who bought the first KH2 to buy this one as well.

So, if this poll is a indication of whether or not the FM+ comes to America and/or Europe, I would say our chances are pretty good that it is going to come to those places.

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
40,000 people isn't exactly a very swaying number, especially not to Square Enix

Last edited:

blagiechanga

MuffinMan it was 40,000 people and im pretty sure they would be able to understand that thats only a fraction of the people who want it, as not every person who does want it to come out here has voted on that website. I think theyd be smart enough to be able to apply the percentage of people who said they would re-buy the game and apply it to the number of sales made in the U.S. They do seem to be the kind of people who can think like that.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
But the fact still remains...that they're not paying attention to Gamefaqs and little polls and online petitions

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Yeah I wouldn't consider it a win considering it's right down the middle with 50% wanting it and 50% not wanting it... If Square Enix was logical they would have realized that the US release of KH1/KH2 brought them a HUGE profit. This is Square Enix after all, and that said I'm surprised they aren't trying to milk it for everything it's worth...

Anyway, I doubt this will do anything. SE has already made up it's mind, whether they have revealed the outcome or not. Surveys mean nothing.

TepidShark

Awards
But the fact still remains...that they're not paying attention to Gamefaqs and little polls and online petitions

No probably not but if they are this would send a message to Square Enix that there are people interested in buying the FM+ including people who already bought the first version. Plus, blagiechanga is right there has to be lot of people who didn't know that the poll was going on(people who don't pay attention to sites like KH Insider) or do know what the FM+ is but if Square Enix was to market the game than that would educate more people as to what it is and why they should buy it. That should increase sales.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Why would higher up Japanese Square Enix executives be exploring and reading English websites...just for the hell of it?

TepidShark

Awards
Why would higher up Japanese Square Enix executives be exploring and reading English websites...just for the hell of it?

Maybe during discussions of whether or not to bring the game to the US, Square Enix USA shows them that poll to convince them to bring it to the US.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
A poll...on a cheats and game help website...said poll, on said cheats website, consisting of nearly 40,000 peopel saying 'yeah...maybe I'll check it out', and another 40,000 people saying 'hell no'...oh yeah, that's really convincing some big rich corporate Japanese men

Last edited:

Sora18

haha yea, besides, Sqaure Enix was looking at the Gamefaqs poll yesterday, it said so, on the main page of this site. And besides, maybe the other million people who love KH2, were on vactation, or something, or didn't bother going to Gamefaqs yesterday, you never know :)

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
40,000 people isn't exactly a very swaying number, especially not to Square Enix

Those are simply 40,000 people who visit GameFAQs.
What about everyone else?

Sqaure Enix was looking at the Gamefaqs poll yesterday, it said so, on the main page of this site.

No it didn't. Why would KHI know?
They simply said SE looks at these kinds of polls for feedback, but that doesn't mean for certain they did.

TepidShark

Awards
A poll...on a cheats and game help website...said poll, on said cheats website, consisting of nearly 40,000 peopel saying 'yeah...maybe I'll check it out', and another 40,000 people saying 'hell no'...oh yeah, that's really convincing some big rich corporate Japanese men

The majority of the people who voted no wouldn't be interested in Kingdom Hearts at all, even if it was a brand new game in the series.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Sorry, but it's retarded. Do you know how many fans wanted Invader Zim, Titus, Firefly and many other shows to be aired again and for the broadcasting company to lift up it's Can-Hammer? Thousands on thousands. Far more then the poll at GameFAQs. Did they ever see the light of day? Negative.

If the fans got what they wanted we'd have a dating sims for the next Kingdom Hearts were Axel screws Roxas in his ass. The fans are stupid. Square Enix won't let them decide, they make up the choice. There have been polls like this going around for a long time, it won't effect the out come.

TepidShark

Awards
Sorry, but it's retarded. Do you know how many fans wanted Invader Zim, Titus, Firefly and many other shows to be aired again and for the broadcasting company to lift up it's Can-Hammer? Thousands on thousands. Far more then the poll at GameFAQs. Did they ever see the light of day? Negative.

If the fans got what they wanted we'd have a dating sims for the next Kingdom Hearts were Axel screws Roxas in his ass. The fans are stupid. Square Enix won't let them decide, they make up the choice. There have been polls like this going around for a long time, it won't effect the out come.

The difference with this is relatively it wouldn't cost that much to localize it unlike getting those shows to continue would cost alot of money because they actully have to produce new episodes.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
The difference with this is relatively it wouldn't cost that much to localize it unlike getting those shows to continue would cost alot of money because they actully have to produce new episodes.
Not when many of the shows had episodes already created and some of the seasons done. It's still the point that it would still cost quite a bit to localize, get english voice actors to do the voices for Chain of Memories and the extra scenes in Final Mix and to pay for advertisements. It's not like it's as simple as "Hey push the English text button. You did that? Okay send it out."

You know how many KH fans pissed and moaned about a US release of the original Final Mix? Tons. They still moan about it to this day actually. Yet we never saw that, hell in truth I'm almost POSITIVE the exact same poll was set up when Final Mix came out, asking if users would buy the Final Mix of KH1 and the results were similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back