• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Mix Patches?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku/Sora-Rule

I was wondering if anyone here can help me.

I am planning on getting all 3 Final mix games (and a Japanese ps2 for KH 1 and 2) and I was wondering if anyone has already imported them, as well as used any English Patches for them. I've done some Internet searches and found out some things about them and I was hoping someone could help me By either leading me to one that works 100%, is safe to use, and/or help me to install them for the games.

If anyone here could be of help, I would be so grateful.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Not really sure about how you'd patch a PS2 game, without hacking/modding a PS2 to then be able to read the game. In theory, most ps2's that have been modded should be able to play Japanese PS2 games

For KHFM I haven't heard of any succesful patches, but from what I can gather your not missing out on a whole lot, mainly just the Unknown fight and a couple cutscenes (which you can watch on youtube)

For KH2FM, I personally used this patch and had no problems with it
Xeeynamo's blog: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix English/Italian translation [FINAL-Rev5]
Plenty of instructions on how to apply the patch to a rom there as well. BUT I only used it after I had already beaten the game/opened all the treasure chests, because theres been reports of it freezing occaisionally. All the cutscenes are in English, and there are ability lists available online so you don't miss a whole lot, especially if you've already played through KH2 multiple times on your own PS2

For BBSFM, I used a pre patched rom, and the megaupload link has surely been taken down by now so you'll have to search around a bit. Again though, you don't miss out on heaps, mainly a couple of non-canon Mirage Arena fights, though I will admit the secret episode was neat.

ventus12

Well for KH 1&2 I can't help with the patches but on demonoid they have a fully patched khbbs fm with dubs. But you will need a key from a user from the site before you can download it.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Not really sure about how you'd patch a PS2 game, without hacking/modding a PS2 to then be able to read the game. In theory, most ps2's that have been modded should be able to play Japanese PS2 games

For KHFM I haven't heard of any succesful patches, but from what I can gather your not missing out on a whole lot, mainly just the Unknown fight and a couple cutscenes (which you can watch on youtube)

For KH2FM, I personally used this patch and had no problems with it
Xeeynamo's blog: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix English/Italian translation [FINAL-Rev5]
Plenty of instructions on how to apply the patch to a rom there as well. BUT I only used it after I had already beaten the game/opened all the treasure chests, because theres been reports of it freezing occaisionally. All the cutscenes are in English, and there are ability lists available online so you don't miss a whole lot, especially if you've already played through KH2 multiple times on your own PS2

For BBSFM, I used a pre patched rom, and the megaupload link has surely been taken down by now so you'll have to search around a bit. Again though, you don't miss out on heaps, mainly a couple of non-canon Mirage Arena fights, though I will admit the secret episode was neat.

Look I am missing out lmfao, I am obsessed with KH, and as it stands, I need a new copy of KH, so it might be good for me to get FM.

Kh2 FM, is just plain awesome, even though I just recently got a new copy of KH2, I'm gonna get it haha.

But the thing about those two is I'm also planning on getting a Japanese ps2, do the patches work on that?

And for BBS, the patch is all that matters because Japanese PSP games work on American PSPs lol,

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
KH1-Not even started
KH2-Took years & was done after BBSFM's
BBS-Done mere months after release

At this rate DDDFM's patch will be out before DDDFM is even released.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well, you'd have to mod your PS2, patch the game-even with your disc, you can do that on PC, and then burn a new disc for the PS2.

Tyestor

Website
myanimelist.net
Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix will most likely never be given an English patch due to the difficulty of inputting custom text into the game. Unlike KH2:FM that uses strings and IDs making it much easier to translate into English, all text in KH:FM are on images making it much more difficult as you would have to edit each image individually after finding out how to decode the image into a viewable format making translating the game an incredibly time consuming process.

KH2:FM has an English Patch here: Xeeynamo's blog: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix English/Italian translation [FINAL-Rev5] - Incredibly easy to install. You can play the patched game on a modded PS2 or using an emulator (I strongly recommend using PCSX2 (PCSX2 Playstation 2 emulator - News - Use the latest SVN build) you can view what the game looks like translated by going to the link in my description and watching a few videos.

KH BBS: FM has had an English patch for quite a while. Sadly there's no decent working PSP emulator avaliable but if you have a PSP it is now very easy to mod your PSP so that it plays ISO files. You can get the newest patch from here: KH BBS FM - English Translation Patch 1.0.12 - I would however recommend using patch 1.0.11 as currently patch 1.0.12 has some patching problems which will cause the game to not load. The author has not yet fixed this. If you don't want to patch it yourself there is a pre-patched download posted in the thread on page 94. Here is the link to the pre-patched ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/Namana#844r8msl7ga9c - Enjoy.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have used an English Patch for KHBBS FM and KH2 FM, but to my knowledge there is no patch for KH1 FM, even thought it is easily more difficult to navigate than the others.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I have KH2FM patched easily, but BBS. I can hardly mod my PSP for appropriate CFW for programs like screen recording, let alone patching the game. If anyone can help, much appreciated in advance.

BTW, tyestor, regarding your sig, every time I use Fraps to record PCSX2, right when it's recording, it switches to low resolution and what looks like unsightly SW rendering-though it could just be the resolution and my PC screen's revealing huge aliasing, but I dont remember it being that bad on my HDTV. I have no idea how to tell fraps what resolution to record at. When I stop recording, it immediately switches to HD.

Last edited:

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I couldn't even get the burned disc to work with KHII FM on it. I started swap magic, inserted the Eng Patched disc in, heard this horrible sound in my PS2. Tried again, rinse and repeat.

I didn't care at all though. I was just like "eh, I've already memorized the Japanese characters for the FM games anyways"

wii.red24

Swap magic did wonders for me when I was wanting to play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, of course I had to modify my PS2 which was a royal pain but it was worth it if your'e wanting to modd it there are tons of tutorials on Youtube that you can watch that I found helpful however if you wish to download a patched version Emuparadise.org is a great site that I would recommend if you want to go that route.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Look I am missing out lmfao, I am obsessed with KH, and as it stands, I need a new copy of KH, so it might be good for me to get FM.

Kh2 FM, is just plain awesome, even though I just recently got a new copy of KH2, I'm gonna get it haha.

But the thing about those two is I'm also planning on getting a Japanese ps2, do the patches work on that?

And for BBS, the patch is all that matters because Japanese PSP games work on American PSPs lol,

I'm pretty sure a swap magic will work just fine. No need for a JP PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back