• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Mix Critical/Level 1/First Time Tips

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingscr34m11

So I have a bit of OCD when it come to being prepared and figured that my curiosity might also benefit the others that would be taking their first stabs at critical mode and final mix in general.

For those of you that can what tips would you give? Choose the sword, staff, or shield? Which are the must have abilities this time around? What tips would you guys give for the optional bosses? Any other things us Final Mix "virgins" should be aware of?

12kez90

Depends on the game really. But always go for shield if you want to stay alive. That's all I can give right now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If I remember right sword, shield & staff don't have as big an affect as they do in KH1....though I may be remembering wrong. Regardless I say choose sword since you already get some helpful abilities in critical mode from the start.

Optional bosses? Unless your one of those godly skilled people on youtube I highly recommend being high in level. The Org Data Battles are brutal as is just getting to their chamber and the Lingering Will is scary as diddly.
Make sure the drives and Sora are maxed out.

Also when you get to the Demyx Data Battle spam master/final/wisdom form and thunder like your life fucking depends on it.

Be aware of a difficulty spike your not used to in Kh2 to be sure. You'll likely be fine for the first bit with Roxas but by the time you get to Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion the first time the spike will be obvious.

Aside from that just mundane things like making sure you always have potions if you can help it and be sure to make more use of guard and/or dodge roll when you get it.
What you do from there will depend on how you play KH2 personally.

EDIT: Oh and yes, yes you will die. Probably some of you will die a lot for the first world or two.

Dark Wing

Awards
Magnet splash + negative combo + finisher plus are tremendously helpful for taking care of hoards easily without putting yourself in too much danger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back