• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Just watched the Prologue, I actually really enjoyed it.

Also, I just heard word of the Dawn of the Future novel that's releasing in April in Japan and we're apparently also getting it in English, I guess it covers the cancelled DLC stories? I'll take it at this point, hope it comes through.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The prologue was good, but I don't feel like his personality matches up with who he is now. Ardyn was a simple man, but now he's a madman? Like his combat banter from FFXV depicts nothing about what he is like in the Prologue. I guess I'm just nitpicking haha.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Watching it as we speak! Will post impressions... haha

---

Edit:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Watching it as we speak! Will post impressions... haha

---

Edit:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ardyn and Aera:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Ardyn and Aera:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's an interesting way to be closing out FFXV, rooting for Ardyn. ;P

Like someone said in the YouTube comments of the Episode Ardyn Prologue: the devs implemented the Romeo & Juliet elements Versus XIII originally had. I feel like Episode Ardyn itself will be a send off to the game by closing itself to Versus. Hell, look at younger Regis: he looks closer to his Yakuza design back from Versus.

Edit:

I just had a thought: Ardyn is shown using his doppleganger powers at some point in the trailers. Maybe the reason his intervention isn't recorded is because he hid his face?

Last edited:

rodx

Versus was more Hamlet like Lion king and Black Panther than Romeo & Juliet .

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Versus was more Hamlet like Lion king and Black Panther than Romeo & Juliet .

Sorry. I meant Hamlet. Also, it's kinda bittersweet that the last piece of media we're getting is Ardyn related. It sorta makes him overshadow Noctis, and make FINAL FANTASY XV all about him. What with him getting his own DLC and anime.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn Shares A Peek At Insomnia With A Couple New Screenshots

Maybe it's the compression, and the final product may look better, but the graphics don't look very impressive:

D091LKfU0AAvg0y_thumb.jpg

D091KBqVAAEi1E_thumb.jpg

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Hmm? A chance to explore Insomnia without it being infested with demons, huh. *sigh* I'm in.

Sdog

Awards
Hmm? A chance to explore Insomnia without it being infested with demons, huh. *sigh* I'm in.

Same. Hope it doesn't leave me wanting more since this is it... But, I'm afraid it will :'(

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Like I said, I think this is the Episode that is most influenced by the Versus XIII ideas. We're FINALLY exploring Insomnia, and Ardyn's story is more akin to Hamlet's than what we got in the final product of FFXV.

Same. Hope it doesn't leave me wanting more since this is it... But, I'm afraid it will :'(
Probably, but according to GameFAQs, the game seems to be a tad more expensive, so it's possible this may be a longer Episode, and we may have an Insomnia equal or bigger to the updated Insomnia we got in the Royal Pack.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Wow, ok. That's pretty cool. Getting the Spider-Man vibe on this one. I was thinking it would just be a walking simulator through the city, but I'm glad to see that you can explore rooftops too.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wow, ok. That's pretty cool. Getting the Spider-Man vibe on this one. I was thinking it would just be a walking simulator through the city, but I'm glad to see that you can explore rooftops too.
I guess this is the vertical movement they wanted to add.
[video=youtube;FAjDJI3fQBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAjDJI3fQBw[/video]

Ardyn is looking like the culmination of FFXV's gameplay. I really think FFXV deserves a sequel for the sake of reutilizing assets and giving the game justice.

mozzafaralj

Awards
[h=2]final fantasy xv update ("your expectations")[/h]
[FONT=&quot]In Final Active Time Report
[FONT=&quot]Your expectations[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]do you think they'll only show the updates we've already got?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What are your expectations?
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Back