• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm so happy we got the male viera reveal!

Definitely maining Reaper lol. My dreams of a properly playable Marluxia have come true, sort of.

Fun fact, there is a scythe for Black Mages that you can buy with special currency in Eulmore.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm so happy we got the male viera reveal!

Fun fact, there is a scythe for Black Mages that you can buy with special currency in Eulmore.
Yes but I want to slash things and I don't play Black Mage xD I main White Mage for healer, Warrior for tank, Machinist for ranged, and looks like Reaper for melee. Playing Dragoon now to get gear for it lol (and get used to melee DPS playstyle). None of the casters available have really "clicked" with me yet, and I've tried both Black Mage and Summoner. Maybe I should give Red Mage a whirl. But I think we're most likely getting a new caster DPS in 7.0 so I'll wait until then and just use Summoner for role quests.

I agree on bun bois. I can't bring myself to abandon my Femroe just yet though!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay. RESISTANCE WEAP DONE! It's very pretty and well, it's very KH-y too; it is partly forged from MEMORY and EMOTION!

J7RRy0Z.jpg

The funny thing is it kinda looks unassuming when you don't draw it; looks cool when you do. At least the whm version.

Xblade13

Awards
So okay. RESISTANCE WEAP DONE! It's very pretty and well, it's very KH-y too; it is partly forged from MEMORY and EMOTION!

J7RRy0Z.jpg

The funny thing is it kinda looks unassuming when you don't draw it; looks cool when you do. At least the whm version.
Congrats! I also have the one for WHM, and WAR as well. Repeat weapons are a lot easier than the initial one.

There's a way you can get your weapon to glow while on your back. Draw weapon and then immediately sit emote. You can even make a macro for it. The only downside is it resets if the weapon is drawn and then sheathed again, or if you change zones.

Ill have to post some screenshots when I get off work tonight. I love my female Roegadyn, she's got a barbarian look as a WAR and a Nier set for WHM. Playing Bard a lot lately, it's fun and I enjoy the aesthetic.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Anyone been through this launch day song and dance before? How long do servers normally remain so congested? Seems Endwalker’s launch so far has exceeded Shadowbringer’s launch by concurrent players by 200%. Getting past the queues is impossible, I’m considering putting a pause on my subscription till I can… actually play the game. Hoping that doesn’t mean more than a month or anything 😬

Xblade13

Awards
Anyone been through this launch day song and dance before? How long do servers normally remain so congested? Seems Endwalker’s launch so far has exceeded Shadowbringer’s launch by concurrent players by 200%. Getting past the queues is impossible, I’m considering putting a pause on my subscription till I can… actually play the game. Hoping that doesn’t mean more than a month or anything 😬
Yeah, there's been a massive increase in the playerbase. Sadly, things don't look good from a server standpoint, as the chip shortage is still happening.

It should be cleared up in at most a couple weeks. It also depends on your server. I'm on PS4 and both me and my brother have gotten in and out of the game a few times since Early Access started. We're on Crystal DC, Couerl. Also helps that I play really late at night because of my work and sleep schedule, so I can get in minimal 4am queues, which are basically nothing. A lot of people in our FC have had issues getting in though but neither of us, so I'm wondering if there's an issue with the launcher on PC specifically.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, there's been a massive increase in the playerbase. Sadly, things don't look good from a server standpoint, as the chip shortage is still happening.

It should be cleared up in at most a couple weeks. It also depends on your server. I'm on PS4 and both me and my brother have gotten in and out of the game a few times since Early Access started. We're on Crystal DC, Couerl. Also helps that I play really late at night because of my work and sleep schedule, so I can get in minimal 4am queues, which are basically nothing. A lot of people in our FC have had issues getting in though but neither of us, so I'm wondering if there's an issue with the launcher on PC specifically.
Thanks, yeah in that case I’m gonna follow my inclination and stop paying till things ease up a bit. Would rather be playing SMTV than waiting in queue hell. I’m on Aether (Jenova) on PS5 and the several times I’ve tried logging in have been a disaster. Though Yoshida did release a statement today saying they’ll be offering 7 days (or more) free to subscribers as compensation. So, there’s that. Here’s hoping there’s a dropoff sooner rather than later. I was just getting into the good part of Heavensward so, bit of a bummer for sure.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Been having problems in peak US times too and I'm on Primal data center (Excalibur). Since unlike a lot of you I don't work, I'll just log in early while people are working during this mess. (LONGGG story there that I'd rather not discuss in public)

We are getting a free week for this mess, and he did try to warn us it was going to be bad. More than once. And before anyone says "they shoulda gone to the cloud" I read that was tried once, proly on some test servers is my guess, and it was a no go. Serious no go.

I'm updating my ps4 (my backup machine) and I'll be getting the collection expansion pack for it later, I need to save for me a keyboard for that system after all. ^^ After FFXI, I do not trust the onscreen keyboards that Square uses..(read, they are crap.)

Xblade13

Awards
Been having problems in peak US times too and I'm on Primal data center (Excalibur). Since unlike a lot of you I don't work, I'll just log in early while people are working during this mess. (LONGGG story there that I'd rather not discuss in public)

We are getting a free week for this mess, and he did try to warn us it was going to be bad. More than once. And before anyone says "they shoulda gone to the cloud" I read that was tried once, proly on some test servers is my guess, and it was a no go. Serious no go.

I'm updating my ps4 (my backup machine) and I'll be getting the collection expansion pack for it later, I need to save for me a keyboard for that system after all. ^^ After FFXI, I do not trust the onscreen keyboards that Square uses..(read, they are crap.)
Well, the chatbox is a basic chatbox as far as I can tell. If anything is holding it back it's the lousy slow nature of PlayStation's inherent keyboard, not on Square. I've learned to type fairly quickly on it through messages on the PS3/4 over the years, so unless I'm in a dungeon I'm actually quite chatty in FF.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Xblade, gotcha, I just do not trust onscreen kbs for any mmo since the PS2 era and FFXI (Gah, that was such garbage. Very much garbo) so I'd rather get a keyboard.

It will be a while, and I'm considering my PS4 as the backup machine (I usually play PC); got other priorities, like getting a driver's license (YEARS AND YEARS LATE) and a car. Again, don't ask unless you want to pm me.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Your boy Max Okazaki finally logged back in to Eorzea last night for the first time in a couple years. Ever since beta testing on PS3, I'll go through long stints of playing and long stints of taking a break. It's crazy to think I started on PS3, upgraded to PS4, and now I'm finishing this journey on PS5. I'm midway through Stormblood, gonna try and crank through it to finally experience the epic of Shadowbringers and then Walk into the End.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Max, let me know if you play on my data center. (My main is on Excalibur) Anyway thanks to my brother, I now have a decent wireless keyboard and mouse for my PS4, so I now have two things I can play XIV on. Got Endwalker, but I'll keep the pc version, and I also discovered something wierd..I lag less on ps4 than PC for some reason, tho I seem to move a little slower on ps4.

Also that DS4, after years of playing with a DS3 on FFXIV, feels REALLY strange lol. Well, if I end up playing on PS4 a lot I'll get used to it I guess.

Back