• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I play it on PS4 and use a keyboard. I just plugged in a USB keyboard we had laying around from our old dell desktop we had forever ago and it works like a charm. My buddy went to Wal-Mart and dropped 20 bucks on this sweet wireless keyboard and mouse that share a single USB port, and he plays on PS4 using those.

Unfortunately, the one I tried using didn't work. Maybe I'll grab another soon.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
It's okay. I'd STRONGLY suggest going for a fairly cheap usb keyboard; from my experience playing FFXI on the PS2, that keyboard is going to be handled pretty roughly and even stepped on. So keep that in mind.

Anyway, I hope people have been saving MGP; the XV/XIV collab's out. (I need to fire up my PS4 for the XV part of it) You need a bit over 200k MGP to get all the items. Including the Regalia as a mount.

Not sure what this will be in XV though.

[Edit] Nothing on XV, but if you play XIV and love XV, you are going to really love this event. Nice little "Now, how did Noct get HERE?" adventure, and enemies out of place, etc. Also you get to Warp strike with your chara too in one fight. :)

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The XV collab event was fun, I especially enjoyed the boss fight, and the story was really fun bro'ing around with Noctis too.

Now I'm in The Gold Saucer completing my challenge log for the day for MGP so that I can get the Regalia and the other limited time items. Gonna have to make sure I keep up on this every day for the next couple weeks so I don't miss out (I literally only had about 1,200 MGP prior to this, starting from the bottom haha 😂)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Goodness. I knew beforehand and went in with over 300k MGP (There was a dathack that revealed where you get that and how much weeks ago, so I knew and was prepared.)

Maybe I shoulda said something on here about it weeks ago. But I got the limited time MGP items, just waiting for the furor to die down a few decibels so I can do the FATE in peace for the music scrolls. ^^

Anyway the Regalia model G is kinda fun, and even flies. I can see how it'd be helpful for helping newbies and such; also it's the first multiseater that you don't have to pay RL money for (and I count the double seaters as that; most of them you have to pay extra for in some way.).

Max

Staff member
Awards
No biggie, I racked up about 50,000 MGP tonight alone, as long as I keep up and do the challenge log daily it won't take me too long.

I got the Noctis Card and the Lucian Hairstyle tonight, and I got all 6 FFXV music scrolls, so the Regalia is literally the only thing from the event I have left to get. Limited time events like this stress me out haha

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
This may help: How to grind MGP with low effort.

Good luck on that, btw, you are not the only one that got caught with their pants down. I saw a TONNN of people on Midgard (Was doing a little minor mgp grinding on my alt; had enough there for the mount but not for hairstyle or card) grinding mgp last night; the Gold Saucer was packed. And unfortunately the challange log is weekly but you can do it, don't worry. I suggest keeping your eye out for Air Force One, and I strongly suggest using a mouse on that one if you play on PC (if you play PS4, get a USB mouse). Targets better.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
This may help: How to grind MGP with low effort.

Good luck on that, btw, you are not the only one that got caught with their pants down. I saw a TONNN of people on Midgard (Was doing a little minor mgp grinding on my alt; had enough there for the mount but not for hairstyle or card) grinding mgp last night; the Gold Saucer was packed. And unfortunately the challange log is weekly but you can do it, don't worry. I suggest keeping your eye out for Air Force One, and I strongly suggest using a mouse on that one if you play on PC (if you play PS4, get a USB mouse). Targets better.

Oh snap, I thought it was daily. Well thanks for the advice! I'm gonna do my best to keep grinding some out every night, I WILL have that car.

Also, yeah, I've never seen the Gold Saucer so bustling, and even when doing the fates, there were like, 20 Regalias driving around side by side, it was insane, but really cool to see. I was just riding around on my Fenrir like "Heeeeyyy..."

Edit: Got my MGP up from 15,000 to about 51,000 grinding out GATEs tonight. Time for bed 💤

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Until the end of the event to help out for those still trying to get MGP for the Regalia, I'll post up the Reddit thread on the Fashion Report: Look here.

I'm proly going to be doing that on both my main and my alt; and looks like a easy one this week for mages. Last time I had to go melee for it ugh.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I just finished the fashion report. I'm now 43k away.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Go go! Anyway I'll prolly make the top on my main, then ask a friend for it on my alt; that's just how I do things. ^^ Need to get mgp back up after that. ^^

[Edit] got top points on both charas. That helps replenish, tho I'm usually really lazy about mgp. ^^

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Go go! Anyway I'll prolly make the top on my main, then ask a friend for it on my alt; that's just how I do things. ^^ Need to get mgp back up after that. ^^

[Edit] got top points on both charas. That helps replenish, tho I'm usually really lazy about mgp. ^^
I did it! The car is mine! Wooohoooo!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, world visits are live as of now. I popped over to Exodus to stalk a friend and we had a good convo and hangout; I can't wait for Shadowbringers. I could easily invite him to do missions with me that way. ^_^

I don't know what effect it has on economies but if you're on the Primal data center(NA), come to Excal for a sec and come looking for me! Or if you wanna bean my alt; that's on Midgard (Aether data center(NA))

Max

Staff member
Awards
I just used my free world transfer and switched from Jenova to Mateus.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Lemme just say, I feel like I'm playing such a different game already. The population of Mateus and the amount of friendly people I've met versus Jenova is astonishing. The world is so full and lively and what I've always wished for from this game, in one night this transfer has given this game new life for me.

Back