• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zul

Awards
So after having done many more group activities, I can say the link above was an outlier among outliers. The FFXIV community has been an order of magnitude better than WoWs so far. Maybe it'll change in endgame raiding but for everything else it's amazing. I'm on Coeurl(after random hopping and rerolling a bunch of times) now so I don't know if the server has anything to do with it.

The main quest gating is real though...I still have a ton left. I enjoy the story so it isn't too bad in that respect but yeah, you have to stick to the MSQ like glue for the longest time.

Zul

Awards
http://i.imgur.com/WVz1Fm9.png

And a 4hr maintenance earlier, and a 2h maintenance right now.

Even 15minutes is too long, I'll dry up and shrivel like a prune.

The "warp to sealed in area" is the best thing ever btw.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Best thing ever is the ability to change the elevator music in in housing areas to the city-state music.

Also I play a miqo'te male too but unlike 90% of them on Sargatanas, I keep his clothes on. ;p

Mine is a fully armored Dragoon minus the helm, my helm is glamored to be an eyepatch.

Zul

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;46EGTZzYSVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46EGTZzYSVw[/video]

Nu Mou beast tribe confirmed.
A Gunblade job and the Viera race are more or less confirmed for the new expansion.

Three new mechanics confirmed:
- New Game + for people who want to replay story quests
- World teleportation to temporarily visit other servers
- NPC Battle-Assist System called "Trust" to enlist the help of fellow Scions, and possibly others in the future, to complete dungeons without the aid of other human players.

TP will be merged with MP.

For patch 4.5 a new job will be introduced, the Blue Mage:

[video=youtube;jMJ3oGF2SJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJ3oGF2SJM[/video]

It will be capped at level 50, most likely as to not break the game. They're calling it a "limited job", the first of its kind.

More info here: https://gematsu.com/2018/11/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-expansion-announced

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Man, I still haven't played Heavensward or Stormblood, but 14 is looking dope as ever. Sounds like some interesting new features. I'd love to be able to visit friends on different servers now and again.

I _will_ be dipping my toes back in for that free login campaign that's going on.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Play as much of the MSQ as you can to catch up to make the most of that time! I actually beat Stormblood in 7 days, so you can get a lot done in 4 days if you're efficient!

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm still like, halfway through Heavensward, I need to power through it so I can actually start Stormblood already.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm 6 quests away from finally starting the Stormblood campaign. Just 6 post-dragonsong quests left. I'm sure I can get through Stormblood by summer haha.

My Dragoon is level 62 now, but I've been playing Samurai, which I just got to 61. So I can use either for Stormblood main story, yaaayyy

Zul

Awards
So BLU is pretty fun. Pointless, but fun lol

I hate the idea of it being a "limited job" since the blue mage is one of my favorite class concepts.

Typical mages get the very standard "fire, fira, firaga" set, while enemy abilities tend to be more varied. I like the idea of someone being able to acquire these more unusual, varied abilities rather than the standard spell-set.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay. Dancer turned out to be a ranged DD! Hope they add another healer next time.

Anyway, here's the full trailer:

Got Shadowbringers preordered, can't wait! Speaking of that, can some kind mod please change the title of this thread??

Last edited:

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I wish I could get FFXIV again, but every time I disappear, I feel compelled to just start a new character.
Also, my PC seems to have some weird stutter issue where it will suddenly loop back and forth between two frames and I need to alt+tab out. Very distracting during dungeons.
I did get it on PS4 too, since it was on sale for less than a month (with a month coming with it) but the lack of keyboard put me off. I like to be able to communicate.

Doesn't matter right now anyway. Our internet at this apartment is trash, so I don't think I'll be able to play an MMO for a while.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I did get it on PS4 too, since it was on sale for less than a month (with a month coming with it) but the lack of keyboard put me off. I like to be able to communicate
I play it on PS4 and use a keyboard. I just plugged in a USB keyboard we had laying around from our old dell desktop we had forever ago and it works like a charm. My buddy went to Wal-Mart and dropped 20 bucks on this sweet wireless keyboard and mouse that share a single USB port, and he plays on PS4 using those.

Back