REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Sadly, we're not on the same data centre - but there are a lot of good videos on YouTube telling you about things you might have missed (although be careful about spoilers). There are some good ones for basic rotations as well.New player on Jenova here (NIN lvl 28). So far enjoying the game but it's been a completely solo experience, as I don't know a single other person, which is challenging because the learning curve is steep and I still don't know what I'm doing half the time . Anyone here on Aether who'd be open to connecting or have any suggestions for a new player looking to make a few online friends?
Thanks for the tips, these are really helpful! I am on the Free Trial, yes. Was planning to get past Heavensward before starting to pay, though I wonder whether it’s worth it to subscribe earlier to bypass the 300k Gil cap and the FC restrictions. The problem is a) I’m genuinely not sure what is worth spending Gil on and what I should be saving for (since most of my gear rn is coming from MSQ), and b) I don’t really understand the perks of joining an FC, let alone how I would go about finding/joining one in the first place.Sadly, we're not on the same data centre - but there are a lot of good videos on YouTube telling you about things you might have missed (although be careful about spoilers). There are some good ones for basic rotations as well.
But a few tips from me:
- As soon as you unlock you Chocobo, prioritise its Healer role skill tree! Always have it summoned when you're doing FATEs, marks and your hunting log!
- Do the daily roulettes for sweet EXP (you can do each roulette once a day for a bonus) and to get more familiar with how the dungeons work. Take note of various mechanics. If you haven't done the Hall of the Novice training stuff, do that as well. You definitely need to know how stack markers and such work.
- Do your job quests as they become available to get the latest abilities, and also keep your gear fairly up to date (which since you'll be running dungeon roulette will not be that difficult, as whenever you run the dungeons closest to your current level there will be a ton of gear drops that you can roll need on). At level 50 and 60 there will be some pretty OP gear available to buy for Tomestones that you get from roulettes that will last you well through Heavensward and Stormblood respectively without ever really having to upgrade for MSQ content.
- You can change the way your inventory looks among many other things - check the settings! There's a ton of neat QoL features available. Also get two free retainers while you're at it.
- Once you have enrolled in a Grand Company: You can recruit AI companions for your Squadron, which you can then level up and run dungeons with if you ever need to practice something! They can also do missions for you that will give you some nice rewards. Old gear that sells for mere pennies and unique gear that cannot be sold via the Market Board can be traded in for company seals at your Grand Company, which you can then use to buy things like Ventures for your retainers to go fetch cool stuff for you, among other things.
Are you on the Free Trial?
I'd recommend sticking with the Free Trial until you've beaten Heavensward and its post-game patches, and tried out all of the jobs. Being able to grind nearly all of them up to level 60 for free is amazing and you should take advantage of it for the jobs that appeal to you.Thanks for the tips, these are really helpful!
All very helpful - thanks again. I got myself to lvl 37 and feel like it's starting to take off now. Finding most people in dungeons are kind/helpful. I've got a long road ahead I suppose! I do want to try out Astrologian and Dark Knight at some point but I imagine transitioning to a different role will require some brain re-wiring lolI'd recommend sticking with the Free Trial until you've beaten Heavensward and its post-game patches, and tried out all of the jobs.