• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - "Toriyama Waifu Chronicles"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hah, no way. I had company of my friends via text and in a chat lol.

Whoo, chillax man. Don't take me so seriously.

Since I watched the ending ages ago, it's not like it was a sad, shocking moment. I'm laughing at the fact that the devs honestly decided to end the game with a depressing cliffhanger while this hopeful song about seeing the "new world" plays in the background. "New World" Yeah right.

It's funny because it's ironic, and it's even more hilarious because this game was utterly pointless when you get right down to it.

Don't get me wrong I like Noel and Serah and XIII-2 is a fun game that I enjoyed playing a lot and I feel terrible over what happened to the characters, but the story deconstructs itself and knowing what follows is an even bigger destruction of an entire lore and world...It frustrates me and I have to laugh at how this is what we got for the XIII saga.

To be fair, it could have happened in any of entries, it just happened here. The XIII saga isn't perfect, neither is any of the past games, and I don't think XV is going to be people's godsend over this, but that's the thing, it ain't the perfect written story, even 7, 10, and 12 has it's flaws. Plus, I've seen worse mind you, just can't say it outside PMs. You could also say the same for even DDD, nothing they could do could stop Xehanort at the time getting his hands on Sora, and if it wasn't for Riku and Lea's rescue, Sora would be the 13th seat, now would he? And this is the one of few games that didn't end happily, the ending yes tick people off, but there are going to be times when there isn't a happy ending. But we could just agree to disagree and not drag the dead horse in the dirt and into a forest

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To be fair, it could have happened in any of entries, it just happened here. The XIII saga isn't perfect

Except it wasn't an ending that had to happen. It wasn't even a sequel that needed to happen, but it did.

and I don't think XV is going to be people's godsend over this

But this has nothing to do with me laughing at the ending of XIII-2.

but that's the thing, it ain't the perfect written story, even 7, 10, and 12 has it's flaws.

Obviously.

Plus, I've seen worse mind you, just can't say it outside PMs.

That's okay. I don't need to know.

You could also say the same for even DDD, nothing they could do could stop Xehanort at the time getting his hands on Sora, and if it wasn't for Riku and Lea's rescue, Sora would be the 13th seat, now would he?

I also find KH3D's ending to be a copout and I laugh about it frequently so I'm not sure what point you are trying to get at...

And this is the one of few games that didn't end happily, the ending yes tick people off, but there are going to be times when there isn't a happy ending. But we could just agree to disagree and not drag the dead horse in the dirt and into a forest

Dude, you are the one dragging it through the mud, addressing what you are interpreting as my dislike of the ending. All I said was that I was laughing at the irony of the ending because, to me, it's funny.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Except it wasn't an ending that had to happen. It wasn't even a sequel that needed to happen, but it did.

^This goddamn I enjoy XIII & XIII-2, diddly Lightning Returns & really the trilogy as a whole. Shit if it wasn't for the trilogy we'd be bitching about FFXVI not showing up at this last E3. :p

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^This goddamn I enjoy XIII & XIII-2, diddly Lightning Returns & really the trilogy as a whole. Shit if it wasn't for the trilogy we'd be bitching about FFXVI not showing up at this last E3. :p

I can't be buggered to try and finish XIII, but I really had fun with XIII-2 and I'm glad I finally got the chance to play and finish it. Haha, of course we would have.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't have a PC, so this kind of upgrade is the only reason why I wouldn't mind a PS4/Xbox One collection (these have been scaled down, right click and open in a new tab to see it in it's full size)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I don't have a PC, so this kind of upgrade is the only reason why I wouldn't mind a PS4/Xbox One collection (these have been scaled down, right click and open in a new tab to see it in it's full size)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That looks really livid. Such a beautiful animation.

I can't be buggered to try and finish XIII, but I really had fun with XIII-2 and I'm glad I finally got the chance to play and finish it. Haha, of course we would have.

What stopped you from finishing?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Square Enix, please give this to me. ;~; I would buy the collection but I'd only probably play XIII-2...

What stopped you from finishing?

I don't like XIII at all. I just don't. I put the disk in the console, pick up my controller, and feel a sense of dread when I play. Even after I made it to Gran Pulse, I felt no sense of enjoyment. I don't like the story, I only really like Fang and Sazh in XIII, and yeah...

It's the complete opposite feeling when I play XIII-2.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Square Enix, please give this to me. ;~; I would buy the collection but I'd only probably play XIII-2...

I don't like XIII at all. I just don't. I put the disk in the console, pick up my controller, and feel a sense of dread when I play. Even after I made it to Gran Pulse, I felt no sense of enjoyment. I don't like the story, I only really like Fang and Sazh in XIII, and yeah...

It's the complete opposite feeling when I play XIII-2.

Reason why I asked. I know the story is kind of hard to go through and especially the stuff that's introduced at Gran Pulse. I usually try to complete every FF game. This actually happened to me with XII as well. Until one day, oh what the heck I just went back and finished the damn thing even though these two installments felt so different compared to what I was used to from FF1 to FFX. Yiazmat just felt intimidating for me and just way how annoying those FFXIII missions were due to the fact you finished a battle very quickly you end up short on the reward. And the grind that comes in XIII...geez. Well... the point is lol. I didn't enjoy my experience at first but I managed to get involved on everything and completed to some how appreciating it.

SephirothZ

FFXIII had a lot of issues with it in my opinion and that ruined it for a lot of people for the rest of series.
I disliked FFXIII as much as most people on FF forums, however, I thoroughly enjoyed both FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns, platinumed them both. So much hate for the original really made it difficult for the last two games.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I was at Disney when I read the news. Rest in Peace Origa. Even if I only known her for the FFXIII-2 tracks. Enjoyed hearing her from playing the game.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I looked it up right after I saw your post.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

:(

[video=youtube;FWHJRNT8gcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWHJRNT8gcs[/video]

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
RIP :(

FFXIII had a lot of issues with it in my opinion and that ruined it for a lot of people for the rest of series.
I disliked FFXIII as much as most people on FF forums, however, I thoroughly enjoyed both FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns, platinumed them both. So much hate for the original really made it difficult for the last two games.

Yes, even though I personally had a good time with XIII despite its flaws, I really do think the massive hate campaign for it made people not give the sequels a chance. So many people had already decided to hate them, that there was no way that Square Enix could redeem themselves and that everything with Lightning in it had to suck by default. Ironically, XIII-2 and LR in particular are the most non-linear non-MMO games in the entire franchise! If that's not the result of listening to user feedback and take it to heart I don't know what is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back