• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - July 11th 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
The best spot at the time for me was at the Henne Mines from the trail that leads you to the RNG Zodiac Spear treasure.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;x_L15cLOkM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_L15cLOkM0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Been playing the remaster for two weeks now. It's so good!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Man I gotta wait till next week. I have been staying away from a good chunk of the trailers so I will go into the game mostly blind. I am pretty excited!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm so excited! One and a half days before I go and pick up my copy.

[video=youtube;5AyAAkNoOZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AyAAkNoOZo[/video]

[video=youtube;1EmUvuf20Ao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EmUvuf20Ao[/video]

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
In what way?

Are you going for all the "missables"? Or did you pick jobs that you regretted later?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Wait, can you "mess up" in this game somehow? Now I am bit worried since I tend to mess up stuff all the time.

original.gif

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
There's missable items like with every other JRPG, although they're mostly useless and will only sit there in your inventory for the sake of having them. You can lock yourself out of additional licenses based on which Quickening licenses you use to get your 3 Quickenings and of course, where you allocate your Espers.

But no missable trophies, and no superboss will become impossible just because you don't pick the optimal job combinations if that's what you are worried about.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
There's missable items like with every other JRPG, although they're mostly useless and will only sit there in your inventory for the sake of having them. You can lock yourself out of additional licenses based on which Quickening licenses you use to get your 3 Quickenings and of course, where you allocate your Espers.

But no missable trophies, and no superboss will become impossible just because you don't pick the optimal job combinations if that's what you are worried about.

Oh, right. That does not sound too bad.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I think Basch was the original, and intended main playable character for the game.

That's what I read as well. I don't hate Vaan, but it honestly isn't hard to look at any other character and see why they're more interesting than him or Penelo, those two just feel so tacked on to the adventure sometimes (Penelo even more than Vaan if that's possible, when she joined the party I was like "What?")

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I actually like Vaan. We get many of the best character interactions thanks to him. His scenes with Ashe are all great.

But yeah, originally Basch was supposed to be the lead but the higher ups wanted a younger poster boy for the game. That being said, this happened fairly early on during the development. Vaan wasn't a last minute addition like some people seem to think. At the end of the day it's an ensemble cast, but if anyone of them fills the role of a protagonist it's Ashe.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I actually like Vaan. We get many of the best character interactions thanks to him. His scenes with Ashe are all great.

But yeah, originally Basch was supposed to be the lead but the higher ups wanted a younger poster boy for the game. That being said, this happened fairly early on during the development. Vaan wasn't a last minute addition like some people seem to think. At the end of the day it's an ensemble cast, but if anyone of them fills the role of a protagonist it's Ashe.

I think Vaan and Penelo are the "we got dragged into this" type of character. Not all characters need to have a deep and convulated reason to be part of the cast. They can also sort of give a sort of "civilian", or "simple" point of view into what's happening with the regional politics, seeing as how the ones that mostly discuss this are diplomats themselves (Ashe and Basch).

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I get that, I get the being dragged into it or along for the ride type of deal. But I think it's a little more strange when said characters, or at least Vaan, is technically our protagonist. Our kind of lead dude is just along for the ride. Although, I guess it's got a kind of poetic Gatsby feel to it in that sense.

Again, I don't hate Vaan, I don't want it to seem like I hate Vaan. And I do agree that he has some great character interactions, like he fits in with the cast well, just the way he meshes into the larger story... Not so much. It seemed to me like he pushed through without much actual reason other than... I don't know, adventure(?) for a large portion of the game before any reason actually came up for him to need to be there.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I played it on release day up to entering Rabanastre after escaping the jail. Decided to put it on hold until after I finish up Re:Chain of Memories.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I get that, I get the being dragged into it or along for the ride type of deal. But I think it's a little more strange when said characters, or at least Vaan, is technically our protagonist. Our kind of lead dude is just along for the ride. Although, I guess it's got a kind of poetic Gatsby feel to it in that sense.

Again, I don't hate Vaan, I don't want it to seem like I hate Vaan. And I do agree that he has some great character interactions, like he fits in with the cast well, just the way he meshes into the larger story... Not so much. It seemed to me like he pushed through without much actual reason other than... I don't know, adventure(?) for a large portion of the game before any reason actually came up for him to need to be there.

Well, there's also how part of the war "stole" his brother away from him, but that isn't a plot point that is ever brought up back again, even though it's pretty traumatic.

Back