• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Happy Birthday to Final Fantasy X, which turned 16 today. 16 years of HAHAHAHAH. Beautiful.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Everytime this thread updates, I'm terrified it's the announcement of a FFX-3.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Everytime this thread updates, I'm terrified it's the announcement of a FFX-3.

This is your daily update to remind you that FFX-3 is not currently in development and we're all better for it.
Sadly, Final Fantasy X 2.5 Final Mix was very much a thing and we were all worse off for it.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I want a PS4 re-release with the patches on disc and added dual audio so we can play the games with JP voices. But that'll never happen :/

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I kinda want a X-3 TBH, if only to see Spira in a true open world in HD, with the Spira map completely playable.

If the story followed the Novel and Audio Drama, we'll just pretend it's a a very bad dream... Like I already do with the Novel and Audio Drama...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I kinda want a X-3 TBH, if only to see Spira in a true open world in HD, with the Spira map completely playable.
Me, too. I mean, I hated the audio drama, but that doesn't have to have any bearing on what they would actually do with X-3. I'd like to see a reunion of the original lineup if they ever were to do it (with Paine filling Auron's slot).

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Picked the game up after years of not having played it and voila - Platinum get!

2pyzu5s.png

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd like to go on record and say that I never had issues with the Thunder Plains Dodge Sequence. Still never Plat'd it tho. I always had trouble with grinding Sphere Levels and Spheres themselves.

Edit: This thread just reminded me I bought the best Christmas Jumper and get to use it again this year.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd like to go on record and say that I never had issues with the Thunder Plains Dodge Sequence. Still never Plat'd it tho. I always had trouble with grinding Sphere Levels and Spheres themselves.

Edit: This thread just reminded me I bought the best Christmas Jumper and get to use it again this year.

So jealous of that sweater!
The thunder was never much of an issue for me either. And even though I always get mad, I usually manage to do the last Chocobo quest for Caladbolg quite fast.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Give me your skills pls

I also bought it, an its hilarious as I was driving to school today the radio was taking about an ugly Christmas sweater party and I was like "OMG I GET TO WEAR IT AGAIN YES!"

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Dodging lightning is actually easy using the crater trick. But you need a lot of focus and patience. I got to 267, just to be sure lol. I also had more trouble beating the Remiem Temple race with 5 chests opened than scoring below 0 seconds in the Calm Lands race (which took me less than 15 minutes!). But unlike the lightning, there's an element of RNG to everything chocobo related. For Remiem Temple, there are like 3-4 presets for the opponent's skill level and only one of them is beatable. So you need to not only have a near-perfect run but also be lucky enough to face the right AI to beat it. The stupid birds and balloons in the Calm Lands race are also random but seem to have many more possible presets (if not being downright random every single time). It's just a matter of learning how to control the chocobo and hope to get enough balloons (as well as an AI opponent that doesn't run past you right away in the beginning) as well as not having birds in the most unfortunate places, like next to balloons.

It took forever to fill up everyone's sphere grid since I maxed their stats. 255 in everything, 9999/999 and what constitutes the best general post game armour in my view (auto-haste, auto-phoenix, auto-protect and ribbon). For Penance I needed a separate armour (replacing auto-phoenix with auto-potion and Ribbon with DEF+20%). But Penance isn't hard when you're this powered up. Just time consuming. And I'd say that goes for everything in this game. Nothing is hard, but there's a lot of time consuming and not-so-fun stuff. Kimahri is the only character whose Celestial Weapon isn't powered up in my save file. Might do it someday, just for the sake of it, but ugh... stupid butterflies. I'm pretty good at Blitzball though! Never lost a single match. But overall, FFX has the worst mini-games by far (although FFIX now has the worst mini-game related trophy).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
For Penance I needed a separate armour (replacing auto-phoenix with auto-potion and Ribbon with DEF+20%). But Penance isn't hard when you're this powered up.

Damn yes, my favorite accessory build.

I actually think FF X has okay minigames, but oh damn, butterfly hunt...and remiem temple. -_- Awful.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Great minds think alike. BHPL is overrated. While it's true that the best build in the game does include 99999 HP and 9999 MP, it's also the most grindy and unrewarding path to take. Nothing in the game requires you to have those stats, even if they are optimal in theory. It's just not worth it.

By sacrificing BHPL and BMPL for max stats in everything else, along with adding auto-phoenix to your armour you will never get a game over as long as you plan ahead. Other than having so high defence that you'll manage to survive most attacks in the game even without BHPL, there's always another party member who will instantly revive you if you get knocked out (and it won't take up a turn). There are only a select few attacks from superbosses in the game that can wipe your entire party - and that's what Yuna and Lulu with 1 MP auto-life is for (or in worst case scenario, use an Aeon as a meat shield... and they might actually survive since they automatically break HP/MP limit).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Great minds think alike. BHPL is overrated. While it's true that the best build in the game does include 99999 HP and 9999 MP, it's also the most grindy and unrewarding path to take. Nothing in the game requires you to have those stats, even if they are optimal in theory. It's just not worth it.

By sacrificing BHPL and BMPL for max stats in everything else, along with adding auto-phoenix to your armour you will never get a game over as long as you plan ahead. Other than having so high defence that you'll manage to survive most attacks in the game even without BHPL, there's always another party member who will instantly revive you if you get knocked out (and it won't take up a turn). There are only a select few attacks from superbosses in the game that can wipe your entire party - and that's what Yuna and Lulu with 1 MP auto-life is for (or in worst case scenario, use an Aeon as a meat shield... and they might actually survive since they automatically break HP/MP limit).

My main problem about 99,999 HP is that it makes most of the celestial weapons so much weaker. Or let's say, harder to keep strong, as it's harder to keep 99,999 HP up than 9,999, especially as soon as an enemy uses gravity-based attacks.
And other than that, it's just useless. There's no other enemy that would be worth getting so much HP, and honestly, I hate that iron soldier thing you have to defeat for the HP spheres, with his stupid constant countering.

I think the only enemy where I kind of liked having HP break was Nemesis.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah. Auron is the only one who would benefit from constantly being low on HP, which he will be with the auto-phoenix setup anyway.

Nemesis was easy. Penance is easy too, if you've got max stats. It just takes forever to beat, lol.

X-2 on the other hand... I'm yet to begin my playthrough of the HD remaster for that game. By far the more difficult game of the two in terms of optional content and stat maxing. At least it has NG+. Wish FFX had that too.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
FF X is pretty easy in comparison, also because you have unlimited time to think everything through, and a lot of possibilites.
X-2 on the other hand..don't get me wrong, I love this game, especially the job system, but just thinking about Mega-Tonberries gives me the creeps.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
CTB is the best battle system of any of the first 10 FF games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back