- Nov 7, 2015
Sora96 said it! So it must be true. The pieces? The logic? It adds up. Somewhere.Sora96 said:Here's an updated list of all the stuff that suggest an FFX-3.
*Motomu Toriyama is a member of the four person Final Fantasy Committee and the other three are in charge of a AAA Final Fantasy title. The main purpose of the committee is according to Kitase "We get together and update each other with current information or issues on our projects. [We] make sure there are no release date overlaps or bug issues." In other words, If Toriyama isn't heavily involved on a new Final Fantasy game it would make no sense for him to be on the committee.
- Auron spotted near the end in the Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer
- Motomu Toriyama confirming he is working hard on a new project that will be announced in 2015. Perhaps since this is a large title they're holding it back so it doesn't clash with FFXV and FFVII Remake.
- Kazushige Nojima's infamous novella X-2.5
- Nojima's audio drama that follows X-2.5
- Nojima admitting he would like to see a X-3
- Nojima wrote X-2.5 and the audio drama thinking "this should be a game"
- Nojima also revealed "there’s a plot from start to finish, and if there’s some way we can have it show up elsewhere… well, so I’ve said to Square Enix."
- X/X-2 HD's amazing sales - It sold over 500,000 copies in Japan in less than a year and was a best seller in China getting it's very own PS4 bundle
- X & X/X-2 HD's recent awards - They won awards in 2014 & 2015 for both the originals and remasters.
- Square Enix's quick PlayStation 4 port of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster that still includes the audio drama. The audio drama was one of their key points for picking up the PS4 port, saying it's "fully intact". It's also now on it's way to PC.
- Toriyama being on the Final Fantasy Committee*
- Shintaro Takai, art director of the Final Fantasy X series including X/X-2 HD and Daisuke Watanabe (scenario writer on X & X-2) are both without their names attached to any announced projects.
- The majority of the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII team has not been confirmed to have been or be working on any upcoming titles.
- Verendus from NeoGAF believes a X spin-off is in development
- ff-reunion.net thinks Toriyama is making X-3. - They continually believe this.
- Square Enix's continued promotion of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4 - they were promoting it 5 months after release.
- Character designer Tetsuya Nomura revealed in October his favourite Final Fantasy woman at the moment is Yuna. He later had a drawing of Tidus & Yuna released by Square Enix to thank people for their support of X/X-2 HD.
- BD1 (Yoshinori Kitase's division with Toriyama in it) has held multiple events/updates related to the Final Fantasy X series in their title Mobius Final Fantasy. They're doing similar for Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake is being developed by CyberConnect2 and not by BD1's internal staff.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake begun planning in 2012. Toriyama revealed BD1 had begun planning what to do next after Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII finished development in late 2013.
What do you guys think? The greatest video game designer of all time, the great Motomu Toriyama, is making X-3!