• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Final Fantasy VIII: The Game of Love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KonekoChan87

As the title says, this an FF8 fanfiction. I wrote it maaaaany years ago. Ok, 9 years ago. Whatever. This is my first time uploading a fanfic so if I do anything wrong please let me know. Anyway it includes my own character Skye Amari, and my friend Michi's character Starr Kinneas who is Irvine's younger sister. It's basically a love story I came up with back in middle school. I found it recently and after reading it I thought, "Wow, this sucks a little." and practically rewrote it lol. I'm still a little disappointed in the ending because even after 9 years I couldn't really come up with much. It'll be pretty obvious once you start getting down there. And since I haven't played the game in a long time a lot of things are probably inaccurate, though there are some things I changed to be the way I want them to be. I wasn't following the storyline exactly because, well, it's my fanfic and I can write it how I want lol. Anyway, feel free to correct me just in case. Add criticism at your own ris...I mean, if you'd like. I'll hunt you down and kil...um, thank, you. :D Enjoy!

Final Fantasy VIII
The Game of Love

She watched him from the shadows of a tree as he trained with his gunblade in the training center of the Garden. His hair was matted to his forehead and the look in his eyes was intense. He paused for a moment gathering energy for his next attack. Starr Kinneas could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she watched Squall Leonheart, the boy of her dreams. Suddenly Squall jumped in the air and swung his gunblade shouting, “Renzokuken!” He unleashed his most powerful attack. The attack sliced through the air knocking down a few trees, one of them being a tree close to where Starr was hiding. She let out a yelp as it fell too close to her then quickly covered her mouth. “Shit! Did he hear me?” Squall turned and looked in her direction. She gulped a little, “Guess so…” Starr stepped out from the shadows putting on a pretty smile and trying her best not to look as nervous as she felt. “Hey Squall, you training too? I uh, was going to train with my sword blaster but um, I thought I’d be polite and wait until you were done.” She rested her hand on the hilt of the weapon hanging at her hip. He said nothing, just eyed her with a cold stare that sent chills down her spine. He suddenly walked up to her looking down into her eyes. Starr began to grow uncomfortable as he looked down on her with an expressionless face. “What’s with him all of a sudden?” she thought to herself. “What is your problem?” he suddenly asked. “Huh?” The question caught her off guard. “You’re always following me, staring at me, spying on me…it’s beginning to get suspicious.” Starr’s cheeks turned red, “He notices?!” She began to stutter trying to think of something, anything to say that would ease his suspicion. “Uh, well I um…” Nothing came, what could she say? Squall narrowed his eyes, “Are you spying…for Seifer?” Starr‘s eyes widened in shock, “What?!” Suddenly Skye Amari, Starr’s best friend, intervened. She had been hanging back watching them until it became clear things were going badly for her friend. She ran up placing herself between Starr and Squall. She planted a hand firmly on Squall’s chest pushing him back some. “Back off Squall, don‘t try to start something with my friend just because you‘re paranoid. She didn’t mean any harm and she’s not spying for that asshole Seifer.” He glanced past Skye at Starr then back to Skye again, “Then why is she always watching me? Stalking a person is awfully suspicious. And she does it a lot. What other explanation is there besides spying?” Skye got annoyed, “What’s wrong you, you‘ve never liked someone before? Haven’t you ever heard of spying on your crush? Oh!” Skye grabbed her mouth, Squall’s eyes widened in surprise. “Skye!!!” She spun around to face Starr, “I’m so sorry, it slipped!” Starr’s face was bright red as she yelled, “I can’t believe you, big mouth!” “You’re not going to kill me are you?” Starr pulled out her blade and aimed it at Skye, “Yes!” Skye hung her head and shook it sadly at her friend‘s decision. She then jumped back to give distance between them and whipped out her long barrel pistol aiming it at Starr’s head, “Very well…” Squall blinked looking at Starr then Skye and muttered, “Girls don‘t make sense…” They paid no attention to him. Starr made the first move rushing at Skye lifting her blade over her head and bringing it down hard but Skye dodged out of the way and rolled coming up behind Starr. She spun around using the momentum to swing her blade hard but Skye quickly ducked down and Starr’s blade slammed into the trunk of a tree that was behind her. Starr jerked but was unable to free her blade. Skye popped up behind her putting her gun to the back of Starr’s head, “Game over.” She pulled the trigger…click! “Huh?” She pulled the trigger again, another click. Nothing happened. Skye checked her gun, “Out of ammo again? I should really remember to check this thing more often.” Starr managed to free her blade from the tree and hung it on her belt again, “Yeah, or you’re going to get yourself killed one of these days during a battle.” Skye shrugged and tossed the empty gun over her shoulder, “Maybe I should switch to swords or something, they don’t run out of ammo. Hey, you wanna go to the cafeteria and meet the others for breakfast?” “Sure.” They walked out of the training center together chatting as if nothing happened. Squall just stood there for a second, dumbfounded. “Girls…really don’t make sense…” He sheathed his gunblade and walked out of the training center behind them keeping a safe distance.

Irvine Kinneas stepped out from the shadows, he had been following Skye. “Phew, that was close. It would have been unfortunate to lose my little sister. Or Skye.” He walked over to where Skye’s gun was laying and picked it up examining it. “I should return it to her, it would be the gentlemanly thing to do.” Irvine reached into his coat taking some ammo out and loaded the gun without checking what kind it was. He cocked it and aimed it at one of the trees then fired. There was a sudden explosion that sent Irvine flying back and knocking his hat off. He quickly sat up wide eyed, “What the hell?!” As the dust cleared he saw a large hole in the training center wall that the explosion had made. He looked at the gun in his hand, “How the hell does Skye handle a weapon like this?! She must be a lot stronger than I thought!” He heard voices as other Garden students were running up to see what had happened. He quickly grabbed his hat putting it back on and walked out of the center quickly whistling innocently.

Last edited:

KonekoChan87

Starr and Skye met the others in the cafeteria. Rinoa Heartilly, Zell Dincht, Quistis Trepe, and Selphie Tilmitt were all sitting at one of the tables talking. Zell seemed to be sulking as he sat with his arms crossed and head hung. “What’s wrong Zell?” Skye asked as she took a seat. “Tch! They’re out of hot dogs again! Damn it!” He leaned forward putting his arms on the table and rested his chin on top of them grumbling to himself. Starr took a seat next to Skye. “Ok…that‘s a perfectly legitimate reason to be depressed.” Everyone chuckled a bit. “So where were you guys?” Selphie asked. “We were in the training center.” Starr answered. Rinoa looked over at Starr, “That’s where Squall said he was going, did you guys see him?” Skye nodded but Starr said nothing, she hung her head and sighed quietly. Quistis leaned over to Skye and whispered in her ear, “What’s wrong with Starr?” Skye whispered back, “She’s having a bit of a bad day…” Quistis nodded and dropped the subject. Squall walked into the cafeteria with Irvine close behind. Zell sat up, “Sup guys?” Squall just nodded to him in greeting walking past as Irvine shrugged, “Not much, as usual. It’s boring as hell around here without any missions.” Zell nodded, “I heard that man.” Squall walked over to a pillar next to the table and leaned against it crossing his arms. He seemed to be lost in thought about something. Starr lifted her head and glanced at him. He suddenly looked back at her and she quickly looked away blushing. “I can’t believe Skye and her big mouth! Squall will detest me for sure now. I’m probably nothing but a pest with a silly school girl crush to him now.” she thought. Irvine walked up to Skye who was leaning on her hand and staring at the table, she didn’t even seem to notice him. “Uh, hey Skye.” She lifted her head and turned to face him but said nothing. She always seemed to be bothered by him though he wasn’t really sure why. Maybe it was because of all those unwanted advances he made, or the fact that after he flirted with her and was rejected he was flirting with another woman soon after. He reached into his long coat and pulled out her gun. “Found it in the training center, figured I’d return it to you.” She took the gun from him and checked it. “It’s loaded.” Irvine blushed and scratched the back of his head, “Well uh, I-I had extra ammo so I thought I’d reload it for you.” Skye smiled some putting the gun away in its holster, “Thanks Irvine.” He became his usual confident ladies man self again and gave her a charming grin, “Well, anything for a pretty lady.” Skye rolled her eyes and Starr shook her head, “You just can’t help yourself can you? One of these days you’re going to hit on the wrong girl and get it right in the nuts.” Everyone laughed but Squall, his head was down as if he wasn’t even paying attention anymore. Starr looked at him and stopped laughing, “I wonder what’s bothering him. I wish I could talk to him and be someone he would open up to. But that’ll never happen…” she thought sadly. Other students in the cafeteria became more quiet as Seifer Almasy, followed by Raijin and Fujin, walked into the cafeteria. “Oh goody, it’s the Disciplinary Committee. We‘re all saved…from nothing.” Skye said to the others as they all snickered. Fujin looked at her, “WHAT WAS THAT?” Starr wiggled a finger in her ear, “Hasn’t she ever heard of inside voices?” Fujin glared at her with her one eye, “I HEARD THAT!” Starr smirked at her, “Oh yeah? I‘m surprised you haven‘t gone deaf from the sound of your own voice.” Fujin immediately headed for Starr and she quickly stood up ready to take her frustrations out on the one eyed, loud mouth bitch. Raijin suddenly blocked Fujin, “Chill Fujin, she ain’t worth it ya know? It‘d look bad for us if a cat fight broke out in the cafeteria between one of us and another student, ya know?” Fujin scowled a bit and kicked him in the shin, “SHUT UP RAIJIN!” Raijin cried out in pain as he grabbed his shin hopping up and down on one foot. Everyone else laughed except Seifer and Squall. Skye glanced over at Seifer, he was staring at Squall with a smirk on his face. Starr noticed it as well as she sat back down. Both of them glanced over at Squall who had been silent the whole time. He was simply glaring at Seifer. Both men stared at each other without saying a thing, the tension between them was thick. “They’ve been rivals for so long that they don’t need words to argue. Their eyes say it all.” Quistis whispered. She had been keeping a close eye on both students. Seifer turned away putting his hands on his hips, “Fujin, Raijin! Let’s go.” “YES SIR.” “Right boss!” Seifer looked over his shoulder at Zell grinning, “There’s nothing interesting here, just the chicken wuss’ hot dog dilemma.” Zell jumped up making an ‘up yours’ sign with his arms, “Screw you Seifer!” Seifer, Raijin and Fujin walked out the cafeteria laughing. Zell sat back down with his arms folded, “Tch! Assholes, they’re nothing but a bunch of damn idiots.” Selphie piped up, “Why do you let him get away with it Zell? Just kick his jerk butt! Like this! 1! 2!” Selphie swung her fists and ended up hitting Rinoa in the arm. “Ow!” “Sorry!” Zell shook his head, “Because you can’t fight in Garden Selphie, you’ll get kicked out.” Selphie lowered her arms blinking then giggled scratching the back of her head, “Oh yeah…I knew that, hehe.” Squall sighed some stepping away from the pillar and started to walk out, “I’m going back to my dorm, I’ll see you guys later.” He glanced back at Starr one last time then exited the cafeteria. Everyone resumed talking afterward but Starr stayed quiet. After a few minutes she stood, “I’m going back to my room too.” She walked away without saying anything else as Skye watched her. “This is depressing her more than I thought, I guess I really screwed things up. I hope she can forgive me.” Rinoa took a seat where Starr had been sitting and nudged Skye, “Maybe you should have a talk with your friend, she seems really down over something.” Skye shook her head, “I think I should leave Starr alone for a while, she’s just having a bad day.” Quistis looked concerned, “I hope this isn’t going to interfere with today’s mission.” Skye shook her head barely listening as she stood up. “Don’t tell me you’re leaving too.” Selphie whined. Skye gave her a little smile, “Sorry, I’m not really in the mood for talking right now. I just want to be alone for a while.” Irvine put his arm around her, “Can I come too? Alone time is always more fun with company.” Skye blushed then smacked him across the face, “Y-you flirtatious pervert!” She angrily stormed out of the cafeteria. Irvine rubbed his cheek grinning sheepishly, “You know, I think I asked for that.” Zell rolled his eyes, “No, you think?” Selphie giggled, “You always ask for it Irvine!” Irvine looked at the doorway even though Skye was already gone, “Yeah. But it seems to hurt more when it’s coming from her.” he thought to himself.

Starr stood in her room staring out the window at Balamb, Zell’s hometown. “I envy Zell.” she thought. “So close to home, and family…the only family I have left is Irvine. Not very comforting.” She smiled some and watched the ocean just past Balamb, the sparkling blue water made her feel calm inside. She suddenly noticed someone walking on the beach, someone with long, flowing brown hair. Starr took a closer look, “Skye?” She rushed out of her room and left the building heading for the beach.

Skye walked slowly along the beach allowing the waves to rush up against her feet and ankles. Her shoes swayed in her hand, the sand felt warm beneath her feet. She took a seat in the sand and watched the boats dock at Balamb’s harbor. “Skye!” She turned and saw Starr running up the beach to her. “Hey.” She took a seat next to Skye, her dark brown hair swaying in the breeze. “It’s beautiful here isn’t it?” “Yeah.” They remained quiet for a few moments as they watched the waves roll along the ocean‘s surface. Skye finally looked at Starr and broke the silence, “Do you want to talk? You know you can always talk to me.” Starr remained quiet, still watching the water. Skye sighed then gasped suddenly, “Oh crap!” Starr looked at her startled, “What’s wrong? Crab in your pants?” Skye jumped up struggling to get her shoes on, “No! I almost forgot, we have a mission today! We‘ll be late if we don‘t hurry!” Starr jumped up dusting the sand off her pants and both girls started running back to Garden as fast as they could.

Last edited:

KonekoChan87

“Nice of you to join us.” Squall remarked as Skye and Starr ran up panting. They were a little late despite their rushing. “We’re sorry! We were down by the beach and lost track of time. Not to mention we had to stop and get more ammo for Skye‘s gun. In case she ran out again...” Skye laughed nervously scratching the back of her head. Zell looked at them, “What were you doing on the beach anyway? Hey, were you wearing bikinis and splashing each other? Hahaha-ow!” Starr smacked Zell in the back of the head. “Jeez Zell, you’re as bad as my brother.” Zell grinned chuckling mischievously. Squall shook his head and folded his arms. “Anyway, you guys are with me, Zell and Seifer.” Skye cringed slightly at the thought of being in the same group as Seifer. “Damn. Well, who’s leader?” Squall looked away scowling and didn‘t say anything. The girls looked at Zell. He frowned and shoved his hands in his pockets, “Well, it’s uh…” “Me.” Skye and Starr turned around. Seifer was walking up to the group grinning his usual smug grin. Fujin and Raijin were close behind as always. “Great.” Starr muttered under her breath. “Please don’t tell me those two are coming.” Fujin looked at her, “NO, WE ARE HERE TO SEE SEIFER OFF.” “Yeah, he’s gonna become a SeeD today, ya know?” Squall scoffed but said nothing. Quistis walked up to the group, “Alright Group B, are you ready to go?” They all nodded then followed her to the parking lot where they climbed into the Garden van. Raijin and Fujin had followed them and stood back as Seifer got in. “Don’t worry boss, you’ll make it this time. You’re way better than them, ya know?” “THEY CAN’T COMPARE TO YOU.” Just before the door closed Zell flipped them off with both hands grinning big. “Suck it assholes!” Raijin and Fujin became wide eyed with shock. “YOU LITTLE-!” The door slammed shut as everyone but Squall and Seifer burst out laughing. Quistis quickly put her hand over her face pretending to adjust her glasses but was actually hiding an amused smile, “Zell, please behave yourself.” He shrugged grinning as the van started up and they were taken to the Balamb Harbor where a vessel was waiting to take them to the battleground in Dollet. The plan was explained to them there.

“Now remember, exercise extreme caution. This is much more dangerous than your training.” Quistis explained. “You are among the finest SeeDs in training, that’s why you were picked. But that‘s no reason to get cocky.” Zell butted in, “If this is the finest in training then why is Seifer here?” Seifer flipped him off, “Shut the hell up chicken wuss! I‘m much better than your pathetic ass!” Zell stood raising his fists, “You wanna start something bastard?” Seifer stood as well, “Bring it on!” Quistis rose and shouted, “Stop it now! Both of you!” Zell and Seifer glared at each other then sat down again. Starr looked at Quistis, “Qui-I mean, Instructor Trepe?” Quistis looked at her, “Yes Starr?” “Can Skye and I go up top?” Quistis nodded and sat down again. “Sure, we’re done explaining so go ahead.” Starr stood and Skye followed as they maneuvered through the narrow space towards the door. “Don’t fall off girlies.” Seifer said as they started to pass him. “Wouldn’t want to have to jump in and save your sorry asses.” Skye passed by then smacked him in the back of the head and rushed to the door calling back, “Like we’d want you to asshole!” “Bitch!” Seifer yelled after them as they ran out giggling. They made their way to the hatch, a strong gust of wind welcoming them as they opened it. They climbed out and stood on the deck watching the water zip by beneath the fast moving vessel. The wind blew their ponytails around wildly. Skye grabbed hers and held it down looking over at Starr, “Any particular reason you wanted to come here? Besides to get out of space too small to share with Seifer and his ego?” Starr smiled at Skye a little then looked down again taking a breath. “Actually I…” She stopped at the sound of the hatch opening. Squall poked his head out, “Quistis said we’re almost there.” He opened it all the way and climbed out walking over to stand next to Starr staring straight ahead. Starr blushed as Squall stood close to her, she didn’t even mind that he wasn’t paying attention to her. He watched as a small speck of land became larger and larger as they got closer. Smoke rose from it in several different places, large explosions could be seen all over. “Now that’s my kind of battle…” They all turned around, Seifer and Zell had come up as well. The vessel drew closer to the shore, another explosion occurred and the whole area seemed to shudder. Everyone was at the front of the deck now, Seifer watched the raging battle eagerly. Skye looked at Starr, “Excited or nervous?” Starr shrugged, “A little bit of both I guess…” Skye reached over to take her friend’s hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze giving her an encouraging smile. The vessel pulled up to the shore crashing onto land making Skye and Starr stumble and grab the rail. “I told you not to fall off.” Seifer smirked as they just glared at him. A voice could be heard calling from below, “Garden Group B! Please hurry down!” They all looked overboard to see Xu, who had explained the battle, standing on the shore next to Quistis. Squall, Seifer, and Zell walked to the hatch and headed down but Starr and Skye stayed behind. “You going to be ok Starr? You’ve been really down since that thing in the training center.” Starr nodded, “I’m fine. Just don’t worry about it.” Skye took her friend by the shoulders and smiled, “You know I can’t do that. You’re my best friend, and if something is bothering you I want you to talk to me about it.” Starr looked up at Skye then nodded. “Well, that thing with Squall…” “Still sorry!” Starr smiled, “I know. It’s just that I’m worried he’ll think I’m annoying now. It‘s bothersome to have someone with a crush following you around all the time. Like Irvine does with you.” “Uh, I see what you mean…” Starr nodded, “What if he feels the same way?” Skye scoffed, “Girl please! I think he’s started to pay more attention to you, I even caught him sneaking looks at you in the cafeteria.” Starr blushed remembering the way he had looked at her back then. “Maybe he likes you back and he’s too shy to admit it. You should have told him how you felt a long time ago.” Starr smiled and hugged Skye. “Thanks Skye. And you’re not just saying that to make me feel better since we’re possibly rushing to our deaths in battle, right?” “Uh, well…” Seifer’s voice from down below interrupted their conversation, “Hey wenches! Get your slow asses down here! Pfft, women. Nothing but trouble…” Skye looked overboard at him, “Shut the hell up Seifer, we don‘t have to listen to you!” Starr looked down as well, “Yeah!” Seifer shook his head and looked up grinning, “Why girls, I’m hurt. Have you forgotten already? I’m the leader of this sorry ass group!” They looked at each other, “Oh, right…” Skye put a foot on the railing and grinned at her friend, “Well, shall we?” Starr followed Skye‘s example, “Yes, let’s.” They both used the rail to boost themselves up into the air and flipped landing on the ground in a crouched position. They stood and took bows as Zell folded his arms, “Tch, show offs…I could do that, I just don’t want to.” Xu looked at the map in her hands, “Well, now that that’s over…Garden Group B, you are stationed at the cliffs over there.” She turned around and pointed to some cliffs by the edge of the island. “Your mission is to prevent the enemy from advancing onto a base stationed there. Not the most glamorous of missions I know but suitable enough for rookies. Remain there until the battle is over and be careful of enemy attacks.” Seifer unsheathed his gunblade and swung it, “Alright! Let’s go!” He took off for the cliffs not even waiting for the others. “Him and his love for battle…” Xu mumbled. “He tries to become a SeeD but fails due to his lack of ability to follow orders and his eagerness to fight.” She turned to face the others, “Well, you should get going before he completely leaves you behind.” Quistis nodded to them, “Be careful you guys, come back safely.” Squall turned to face the way Seifer had gone, “Come on, let’s follow Seifer.” “Whoo hoo!” Zell shouted. “Let’s go kick some Galbadian ass!” Squall ran forward followed by the others.

Last edited:

KonekoChan87

The group ran for their destination passing up massacred bodies of what appeared to be enemy soldiers. “Won’t be too hard to find Seifer, just follow the trail of dead bodies!” Zell yelled. They came to a small wooded area with a path running through it leading upwards. They saw Seifer up ahead fighting an enemy soldier. Seifer quickly cut the man down then turned to face them, “’Bout time you got here!” The group walked up to him panting some. “If you hadn’t run ahead of us you wouldn’t have needed to wait.” Starr grumbled. He ignored her and turned to face the path leading upward, “That’s the way to the cliffs, but you better keep your guard up. These Galbadian soldiers might be too much for you kids.” Zell gritted his teeth in anger, “You’re really pissing me off Seifer! You think you’re better than us just because you’re a year older and leader of our group!” Seifer looked at Zell smirking, “No, I KNOW I’m better…” He turned and ran up the path without waiting for them again. Zell stomped his foot, “DAMN IT! He’s really getting on my nerves! I’d love to kick his smug ass!” Squall put his hand on Zell’s shoulder, “Calm down! Don’t let Seifer get to you, that’s exactly what he wants.” Zell mumbled a few curses but calmed down a bit. Squall patted his shoulder and looked back at Skye and Starr, “We should get going, we‘re to stay at the cliffs until the battle is over. Let’s hold our ground until then and deal with any enemies that come our way and keep them from going forward. Everyone ready?” The others nodded. “How the hell did Seifer become captain?” Starr thought. “It should have been Squall, he’s a natural born leader. And way cooler.” She smiled some at the thought. Squall looked at her and she quickly stopped smiling feeling embarrassed that he had seen it. He eyed her for a second then turned around to face the way Seifer had gone. “Ok, let’s go.” He took off and the others followed closely behind. They could see the cliffs ahead, “We’re almost there.” Squall said. Suddenly a few Galbadian soldiers ambushed them from both sides. “Looks like Seifer missed some!” Zell did a mach kick to one and sent him flying into a tree. As he attempted to get up Zell dashed forward bringing his knee up into his chin causing his head to snap back and his neck to break killing him. Squall drew his gunblade and slashed his opponent horizontally across the chest causing him to stumble back and grab his wound giving Squall the opportunity to take his head off. Starr slammed her sword blaster into the chest of the enemy attacking her and pulled the trigger blasting his chest open. Skye fired her gun at two that were coming at her and a big explosion occurred killing the last two and sending everyone else flying. Skye sat up groaning, “W-what the hell kind of ammo did Irvine put in here?!” She checked the chamber, “Demolition ammo? What was he thinking? That’s too dangerous for close up combat!” Zell sat up rubbing his head, “Then do us a favor and don’t shoot anything near us!” Skye rolled the barrel, “There’s two bullets missing, I only took one shot. Did he fire it to check when he loaded it? How could he not tell he put the wrong ammo in?” Starr shook her head, “Knowing my brother he probably thought that’s how strong your gun really is.” “That’s horrible.” “What? That I would say that about my own brother?” Skye stood dusting the back of her coat off. “No, that you’re probably right…” Starr rubbed her rear which she had landed on. A black gloved hand appeared in front of her face. She looked up to see Squall standing over her with his hand out, “Come on.” She blushed a bit and took his hand. He helped her to her feet and they held hands for a few seconds before letting go. “Thanks Squall.” He nodded to her and turned to face the others. Skye took out the demolition ammo and replaced it with the regular ammo she’d gotten earlier, “Alright, let’s go.” They all continued on the path leading up to the cliffs.

Squall and the others came to the end of the trail leading onto a cliff protruding from the mountainside that overlooked a beach below. Seifer was crouched on the edge looking down with his gunblade stuck into the ground in front of him, his long coat fluttering in the breeze. “Nothing going on here.” He muttered. “No enemies, no action…I was in the mood for a fight.” He looked at the others, “And who the hell is causing explosions? You trying to blow the place up? This whole area shuddered, I thought it would break off!” The others looked at Skye. “It wasn’t my fault, it was Irvine!” Seifer stood resting his gunblade on his shoulder, “Why don’t you be more careful girl, it’s fine with me if you get yourself killed but not if I get caught up in it too.” Skye scowled and started after Seifer but Squall stopped her, “Just ignore him…” He glared at Seifer but said nothing to him. Suddenly Irvine, Selphie and Rinoa ran up coming from the direction ahead of them. They were Garden Group A. “What are you guys doing here?” Starr asked. Irvine motioned over his shoulder back the way they had come, “We’re stationed up ahead to protect the base there in case enemy troops made it past you. We heard an explosion and came to check it out. I uh, we…were worried that you guys were in trouble.” Selphie giggled, “He was worried about YOU Skye! Mmph!” Skye blushed as Irvine grabbed Selphie’s mouth from behind, “Quiet time Selphie!” They struggled a bit as Rinoa walked up to them, “So what was that explosion anyway?” Seifer scoffed, “That dumb broad’s gun.” Skye flipped him off then looked back at the others, “Well, someone loaded my gun with demolition ammo…” Irvine blinked and let go of Selphie’s mouth as she gasped for air. “You mean, that’s not your gun’s usual strength?” Starr rolled her eyes, “Told you…” Irvine laughed nervously scratching his head. There was a sudden outbreak of gunfire and shouting nearby, somewhere back the way Squall and the others had come. Everyone turned around as Seifer grinned, “Now that’s what I’m talking about!” He suddenly took off towards the sounds of battle, his long coat trailing behind him. Squall shouted after him, “Seifer wait! We’re supposed to stay here!” He started to go after him but Zell grabbed his arm, “Let the him go Squall, he’s the one not following orders so he’s the one who won’t become a SeeD. Don’t risk your chance for that asshole.” Squall looked at Zell then yanked his arm from his grasp and walked away but didn‘t go after Seifer. “Guess it’s not much of a competition if your adversary bails before it’s all over.” Rinoa said watching him. “Speaking of which, we’d better get back to our post before we get in trouble.” She turned to walk back as Selphie started to follow. “I think I’m going to stay here…” Irvine said quietly not looking at them. “What? You can’t leave me and Rinoa all alone!” Selphie thought for a second then something seemed to dawn on her, “Oh! Actually, I think it’s a good idea…Zell can come with us instead.” Rinoa looked at her, “What?” Selphie started whispering to Rinoa and Zell. The other two glanced at Starr and Squall, then over to Skye and Irvine. The girls giggled and Zell scratched the back of his head clueless, but went along with it anyway. Selphie waved to the others, “Bye guys! We’ll see you back at Garden!” Before the others could say anything the three of them ran off. “What…was that about?” Skye asked. Starr shook her head, “I’m pretty sure I have a good idea…” She glanced over at Squall, he seemed to have a good idea as well. He glanced at Starr and saw her looking at him. Squall quickly turned but Starr thought she saw a hint of red on his cheeks. Skye shook her head sighing and walked over to the edge of the cliff looking down at the beach below. “Be careful.” Irvine said. “It’s fine.” Starr walked up next to Skye sighing, “Seifer was right, it’s kind of boring…” There was suddenly a loud cracking sound. “What was that?!” Starr backed up a bit turning around to look at the area around them. “I don’t know, but I heard there were monsters out here…” Crack! Skye let out a scream. Starr whirled around in time to see the edge Skye was standing on give out beneath her. The explosion had weakened the edge of the cliff and Starr and Skye’s combined weight caused it to give out. Starr gasped and grabbed for Skye’s hand, “I got y-Aaaah!” The weight of Skye was too much and Starr fell head first after her friend. Squall and Irvine rushed forward but were too late to grab them. “Starr!” “Skye!” The girls fell hitting jagged edges on the way down and landed on the beach below unconscious.

Last edited:

KonekoChan87

Skye slowly opened her eyes, her head throbbed and her whole body ached. She rolled over and looked for Starr, “Starr?” She saw her laying several feet away, she was on her side with her back to Skye. She couldn’t tell if her friend was ok or not. Skye tried to push herself up then cried out as sharp pain shot up her leg, “Ah!” She turned to get a look at it. It was definitely broken. She turned onto her stomach and pulled herself over to Starr and shook her some. “Starr, wake up! Starr!” She rolled her on her back. Starr stared straight ahead at nothing. Her eyes were dull and glazed, her head was bleeding badly. “Starr! Hang in there, don‘t die on me!” Skye wasn’t sure anything she said was even getting through to her.

Starr stared up into the sky, her vision was blurry. Her head ached badly and she couldn’t move. She could hear Skye calling her name though it sounded far away to her. She tried to speak but couldn’t, her body wouldn‘t respond. Two other figures appeared behind Skye. She heard her speak to them, “Starr’s hurt, she needs help! Go find a medic quick!” One of them spoke up, she recognized Irvine’s voice, “But you‘re-!” “Don’t worry about me, just go!” He ran off quickly, Skye and the other person remained at her side. Squall knelt down beside her. She could just barely make out his face but she could see his concern. “Starr, hang in there ok? Just hold on! ” His voice echoed in her head as her vision started to go black. The image of Squall’s face remained for a few seconds then faded as she lost consciousness.

Starr winced as she opened her eyes to a bright light. As her vision adjusted she found herself staring at the ceiling of the Garden infirmary. Dr. Kadowaki was standing by her bed looking at a chart. She looked at Starr seeing she was awake and smiled, “Well hello, how are you feeling?” Starr groaned some, “My head hurts. A lot.” Dr. Kadowaki nodded, “You took quite a bump to the head. You also have some internal bruising but it seems you’re going to pull through.” She stepped out into the hallway, “She’s come to, you can see her now.” Irvine rushed into the room and hugged his sister tightly, “Starr, I was so worried! It was hard enough losing Mom, Dad and Catlin, I couldn’t bear the thought of losing you too.” Starr wrapped her arms around his neck, “I’m ok Irv, really. You won’t get rid of me so easily.” Irvine pulled back chuckling a little and wiping his eyes, “Yeah, you’re definitely a tough one. You’re my little sister after all.” Someone cleared their throat from behind. They looked to the doorway to see Squall standing there. “Hey.” Starr tried to sit up but the throbbing pain in her head kept her from sitting up all the way. Dr. Kadowaki put a hand on her shoulder, “Don’t try to move too fast sweetie, your injury is still pretty bad.” Starr nodded and settled back down. Dr. Kadowaki adjusted her bed for her so she was sitting up some then left to check on something. Squall looked over at Irvine. Irvine looked back at him then got the silent message, “Oh! Uh, I’m gonna go sis. I wanted to check up on Skye.” He gave her a kiss on the forehead then walked out. Squall waited in the doorway until Irvine had left then walked over to her bedside. “How do you feel?” he asked as he took a seat in the chair by her bed. She looked at her hands folded in her lap, “I’m ok, just pretty sore…” She suddenly gasped and looked at him, “Skye! Where is she? Is she ok?” Squall nodded, “She’s pretty banged up, her leg is broken too but the doctor said she’ll be ok.” Starr winced a bit, “Poor Skye, that sounds painful.” “She was too busy worrying about you to think about her own pain. You have a pretty good friend you know, you’re lucky.” Starr smiled, “Yeah, I know.” Her smile faded as she looked down, “I’m sorry for letting everyone down, we should have been more careful…” Squall shook his head, “You guys didn’t let anyone down. Plus we won. We still did our job and everyone made it home safely. Or, alive at least…” Starr looked at him, “And Seifer?” He shook his head, “He disobeyed his orders and abandoned his post leaving his team behind. He won’t become a SeeD this year either. He’s pretty pissed off now.” Starr smiled thinking to herself, “Serves that asshole right!” She quickly lost the smile before Squall saw. “So, where are the others?” she asked. “Talking to Headmaster Cid. Looks like they all became SeeDs.” She smiled and let out a sigh of relief, “At least none of them got hurt too, I’m glad everyone made it back ok. Especially y…” she quickly stopped herself and looked down blushing. He suddenly put his hand on hers. She looked up at him and their eyes met. He started to say something when Dr. Kadowaki suddenly walked in and he pulled his hand back quickly. Dr. Kadowaki looked up from her chart, “Well Starr, according to the x rays the damage isn’t too severe but I’d like to run some more tests. Is that ok?” Starr smiled and nodded but deep down she was pissed, “Damn doctor!” After Dr. Kadowaki ran a few simple tests she smiled at Starr, “Well you don’t seem to be suffering memory loss or any other neurological problems. Looks like you’re going to be just fine. You just need to get some rest and let your head wound heal.” She gave Starr a pat on the shoulder then left again. Starr hoped it was for good this time. She looked at Squall who had remained quiet the whole time, he had a slight frown on his face. “Is something wrong?” He looked up at her, “I…don’t have a get well present.” Starr smiled, “That’s ok, you visiting is enough. I didn’t think you really cared…” He looked at her with confused expression, “Of course I do.” He thought for a second then reached up behind his neck and unhooked the silver chain he was wearing. Hanging at the bottom was a silver lion head. “Here, you can have this.” He leaned forward to hook it behind her neck. Starr smiled at him, “Thank you.” She lifted it in her hand and looked down at the medallion in her palm. He looked to the side scratching the back of his head, “It’s not much…” She shook her head, “It’s great, thank you so much.” He looked back to her and smiled. Her heart skipped a beat as her cheeks flushed. “He’s actually smiling! He’s never smiled before.” she thought. They stared into each others eyes. Squall suddenly stood, the smile disappeared almost as quickly as it had appeared. “You’re probably tired, I should let you rest.” He started to walk out of the room. “Squall, wait.” He turned around, “Yeah?” She looked down shyly mumbling something. He walked back over leaning down close to her, “What?” Starr suddenly reached up wrapping her arms around his neck and looked into his eyes blushing deeply, “I said, ‘I love you’…” His cheeks turned red as she pressed her lips to his. He hesitated then wrapped his arms around her kissing her deeply.

Last edited:

KonekoChan87

Irvine walked into Skye’s room. She was sitting in bed reading a book. He kept his arm behind his back hiding a bouquet. “Hey pretty lady, how are you feeling?” Skye looked up from her book, “I’m alright I guess. What about Starr? Has she woken up yet?” Irvine smiled and nodded giving her a wink, “Don’t you worry. Doctor told me she’s going to be just fine.” Skye sighed in relief setting her book aside, “I’m so glad. I was really worried about her.” Irvine walked over to her bed handing the flowers to her, “We all were.” She took the flowers smiling and smelled them as he sat on the edge of the bed beside her. “Thanks Irvine, they’re beautiful.” He pushed a strand of hair from her face, “So are you.” She looked up blushing some then set the flowers down on the bedside table not meeting his gaze. He stopped smiling, “What’s wrong?” She looked down, “It’s nothing, thank you for the flowers.” Irvine sighed some, “I always seem to bother you, I don’t really mean to though. I guess I’ll leave you alone then.” He started to get up but Skye suddenly put her hand on his before he stood, “Wait…” He looked back at her and settled back down. “It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s just…you flirt with women so much that I don’t feel like you’re serious. If it‘s not me you‘re hitting on it‘s someone else.” Irvine smiled at her chuckling a bit, “It is a bad habit, I’ve had it for a long time.” He looked serious again, “But since I’ve met you I don’t feel as serious about it anymore. I get rejected plenty of times, but it doesn’t hurt as much as when you reject me.” Skye smiled shaking her head, “You are persistent aren’t you?” He grinned, “I wouldn’t get anywhere if I wasn’t.” He leaned forward and kissed her. Her eyes widened in surprise at the bold move. His kiss was loving and gentle. He pulled back grinning, “Still don’t think I’m serious?” She smiled wrapping her arms around his neck, “Shut up and kiss me you flirtatious pervert.” He chuckled and they resumed kissing.

Back in the infirmary Squall stood at Starr’s bedside, “I have to go now, I need to talk to Headmaster Cid and see about whether you’re a SeeD or not.” Starr shook her head, “I don’t think you need to do that.” Squall looked at her confused, “Why not?” She looked down sighing heavily, “Because I wasn’t even there for the whole battle, I ended up being carted off before it was even over. Why would I become a SeeD?” “Because it’s the thought that counts.” A kind voice said. Starr and Squall looked over at the doorway. Headmaster Cid stood in the doorway smiling. Starr looked up at him, “What do you mean?” He walked over to her bedside, “In the time you were there you fought bravely and followed the orders of your superiors. You showed courage and maturity, those are the true actions of a SeeD. It’s ok if you weren’t there the whole time, it’s the actions you took while you were there that matter.” Starr smiled, “Thank you Headmaster.” He nodded, “I’m just sorry you won’t be able to attend the party tonight.” Squall looked at him, “I’ll stay with her.” “And I’ll stay with Skye.” Irvine said as he walked in. Headmaster Cid smiled, “How nice of you boys.” Irvine smiled bashfully, “Yeah well, ahem. By the way Headmaster, I was actually looking for you. I was wondering if Skye will have to try again to become a SeeD.” Cid smiled shaking his head, “No, because as of today Starr Kinneas and Skye Amari are both SeeDs.” Starr‘s face brightened with a smile, “Really? Alright! Oww my head!” Irvine fussed her, “Calm down, you’ll make yourself pass out again.” Cid chuckled and reached out taking her hand and pressed a pin with the symbol of the Garden into it. “Congratulations Starr. Now, I think I’ll go see your friend Skye and give her the good news.” He walked out heading down the hall for Skye’s room. Irvine ruffled Starr’s hair a bit. “Proud of you kid.” She smiled up at him, “Thanks Irv.” Squall leaned down and kissed Starr on the cheek, “I’ll go find the others and tell them the good news. I’ll be back in a bit.” He walked out and Irvine looked down at his sister raising an eyebrow. “Ahem?” Starr blushed, “Uh, well…” He smiled and chuckled, “Don’t worry, you’re not the only one with a new boyfriend.” Starr looked up at him, “What?” Irvine grinned and gave her a wink, “I’m going back to Skye’s room. You get some rest.” He closed the door behind him as he left. Starr smiled and closed her eyes as she waited for Squall to come back.

Skye looked down at the pin in her hand, the same as Starr’s, “You’re serious? Thank you so much Headmaster Cid!” He smiled and patted her shoulder, “Congratulations Skye, I hope you get better soon.” She smiled and nodded. Cid walked out just as Irvine was coming back. He tipped his hat to Cid then walked over to Skye smiling, “How are you feeling, excited?” “If my leg weren’t broken I’d be jumping for joy right now.” He chuckled and sat on the bed next to her taking her into his arms, she laid her head on his chest. “Squall and Starr hooked up.” Skye looked up at him, “Really? It’s about time! I told her she should have said something sooner.” “She didn’t, you did.” Skye laughed, “Heh, yeah…I‘m still glad though.” She snuggled up to him smiling as they laid back together and closed her eyes, “Aside from falling off a cliff and breaking my leg, this day didn’t turn out so bad after all.” Irvine her stroked hair and kissed the top of her head. “Yeah.” He hesitated a moment, “Hey Skye, when your leg heals do you think we could…you know?” “Y-you pervert!” Slap! “Ow!”

Starr had fallen asleep, she was awakened by the feeling of fingers brushing her bangs aside. She opened her eyes and smiled at the sight of Squall standing over her. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.” She shook her head and held his hand to her cheek, “As long as it’s you I don’t mind.” He stroked her cheek smiling, “You should go back to sleep.” “I think I’d sleep better if you were with me…” He looked at her with a confused expression, “What?” She scooted over making room for him and patted the space beside her. He blinked and hesitated a moment as his cheeks turned red, “Uh…” “If you don’t want to…” He shook his head, “N-no, it’s fine.” He took a seat next to her and she rested her head on his shoulder. He slowly put his arm around her feeling a bit tense then relaxed and laid his head on top of hers. She nuzzled his shoulder, “I feel much better now.” He looked down at her lifting her head and kissed her. She closed her eyes and fell asleep again in his arms. Squall’s fatigue from the long day finally got the best of him and he drifted off to sleep as well.

Epilogue
Zell fidgeted in his uniform, “Damn this thing’s uncomfortable, I don’t see why I couldn’t just wear my regular clothes.” Quistis adjusted her glasses, “Because that would be inappropriate at this ceremony. Besides, you look very handsome.” He blushed a little as Selphie and Rinoa giggled. He folded his arms, “I wonder why Squall and Irvine decided not to come. If I have to wear this stupid outfit they should too…” Selphie grinned, “Because they wanted to be with Starr and Skye!” Rinoa smiled, “It’s about time those four got themselves straightened out.” Quistis nodded in agreement. Zell looked at all three of them, “There you go again, you guys aren’t making sense. What‘s so important about those four and being together?” Selphie gave Zell a smack on the back giggling, “You really are clueless aren’t you Zell?” He grunted stumbling forward a bit, “Watch it Selph!” Quistis sighed smiling, “Not everyone can be experienced in the game.” Rinoa looked at her, “What game?” (Wait for it…wait for it…) “The game of love.”

Ha! Isn’t that clever how I worked the title in? Probably not. Truth is, I still don’t know how to end this thing. So…
The End

Last edited:

KonekoChan87

And there you have it, the story written by a 14 year old then rewritten by a 23 year old. Almost made me nostalgic. Almost. Who knows, maybe in another 8 or 9 years I can improve it again and come up with a better ending lol. Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Questions and comments are welcomed.

Last edited:

KonekoChan87

I didn't separate them completely in order to save space. If you don't like the way it looks then don't read it.

KonekoChan87

I realized something, my new avatar represents how I feel while talking with you. I wouldn't really do that though. Brand new keyboard, you know. It'd suck to have to buy another new one lol.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
There's no argument Pierce. I offered a tip, spacing into paragraphs would help, wouldn't it?

It's not my story, but I'm just trying to give a tip since its hard to want to read it.

Awards
There's no argument Pierce. I offered a tip, spacing into paragraphs would help, wouldn't it?

It's not my story, but I'm just trying to give a tip since its hard to want to read it.

See? He's just trying to offer advice, that's all. People here sometimes become intimidated by large grouped together text, so they don't read it.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Is there really such a problem with formatting the text to make it easier for the people to read (especially considering that these are the people you want to read it)?

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Okay, seriously Promise is right, it's a fcuking eyesore to read without wanting to bash my head on my keyboard---oh wait, you have the avatar for that :3.

But seriously, space it out, or you won't get any supporters; let alone readers :/

KonekoChan87

As I stated before I was only trying to save on space. I just now got back home and didn't have time to take your 'advice' until now. So calm down and quit making a big deal out of it. I don't see how my lack of spacing paragraphs is any more offensive than your not so politely stated 'tips'. Looks like Pierce is the only person here with manners. Thank you Pierce.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Calm down...? ...

The only one overreacting is you.Everyone else told you straight(Except Pierce, he handed you a cookie and a glass of milk and read you a bed time story so you'd calm down), no one else is out to get you but you seem to take it as such.

Lol 23.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Sweets, seriously act your age. Divide your age in half twice, and you get your attitude :3

But in all seriousness, you need to either take the tips we're giving you or just keep your mouth shut. Sure we're not sugar-coating it like Pl is, but the general message is al the same.

As for how you not spacing it into paragraphs could help you..well thats lol worthy..but it helps you cause for one; you'll be able to read it yourself <,<, and two, it'll give us a more pleasing read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back