• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered coming 2019!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
So apparently this was supposed to come out a long time ago, and they decided literally at the very last minute to continue more work on it to refine the character models, since their intention for the original game was for the models to be more realistic.

They’ve basically spent more time on this remaster than FF7 and 9’s.

(Now if only they could’ve dedicated more work on the backgrounds as well lol)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So apparently this was supposed to come out a long time ago, and they decided literally at the very last minute to continue more work on it to refine the character models, since their intention for the original game was for the models to be more realistic.

They’ve basically spent more time on this remaster than FF7 and 9’s.

(Now if only they could’ve dedicated more work on the backgrounds as well lol)
They'll have more time to work on those backgrounds when they start FINAL FANTASY VIII Remake, and release the first episode in 2028 ;D hahaha

In all seriousness, HD Remasters tend to be quick cash grabs, so it's a lot that they reworked those character models without any need. They did the same with the first KH Remaster and FFX, but that was because of the source code.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
They'll have more time to work on those backgrounds when they start FINAL FANTASY VIII Remake, and release the first episode in 2028 ;D hahaha

Don't even get my hopes up. VIII's world would be jaw-droppingly stunning with Square's current prowess. God, I haven't played this game in nearly 15 years. This remaster is a much needed revisit.

In all seriousness, HD Remasters tend to be quick cash grabs, so it's a lot that they reworked those character models without any need. They did the same with the first KH Remaster and FFX, but that was because of the source code.

I know they redid the models for IX and X, but weren't KH1.5's just transferred from DDD?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Don't even get my hopes up. VIII's world would be jaw-droppingly stunning with Square's current prowess. God, I haven't played this game in nearly 15 years. This remaster is a much needed revisit.

I know they redid the models for IX and X, but weren't KH1.5's just transferred from DDD?
I'm excited because they may be re-working the Junction system. It makes sense, seeing as how they may want to appeal to Casuals.

To my understanding, they had to rework the models for KH1HD from the ground up.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Apparently, the game will have voiceovers according to the website's source code:
vo.png

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Very interesting. I can only see this adding fuel to the VII Remake fire one way or another.
*VIII ? Maybe they're doing like FFVII: release the original on HD, and then do the remake. Though I SERIOUSLY doubt they're going to work on the FINAL FANTASY VIII Remake project right now with FFVII Remake still under way. I'm of the opinion that they're testing the waters to see how well of a business model the FFVII Remake project is, and then decide if they'll continue this treatment with the rest of the PSOne classics, or even expand it to pre-FFVII games.

If anything, FFVIII Remake will be a next-gen title.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*VIII ? Maybe they're doing like FFVII: release the original on HD, and then do the remake. Though I SERIOUSLY doubt they're going to work on the FINAL FANTASY VIII Remake project right now with FFVII Remake still under way. I'm of the opinion that they're testing the waters to see how well of a business model the FFVII Remake project is, and then decide if they'll continue this treatment with the rest of the PSOne classics, or even expand it to pre-FFVII games.

If anything, FFVIII Remake will be a next-gen title.
I meant that people might use this to complain more about SE's choice to replace everyone in VII Remake, as VIII will likely keep what actors it has already.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I meant that people might use this to complain more about SE's choice to replace everyone in VII Remake, as VIII will likely keep what actors it has already.
Good point. I don't get the decision, seeing as how the original VAs will still continue to appear in media not related to the Remake, though I think this might be a decision that could change. Seeing as how that, depending on the Remake's success, they could decide to milk FFVII's Universe.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I doubt this game will feature voice acting. Most likely just an error. Any mention of it has been removed now.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I doubt this game will feature voice acting. Most likely just an error. Any mention of it has been removed now.
I'd be really surprised if it does, considering how old the game is, but I'm not expecting it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

8 minutes of gameplay.

Got my PS4 pre-order locked in. Trophy list looks easy so I'm excited to jump in in two weeks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The usual cheats (speed boost, no randoms, max HP/limit) are confirmed.

Back