• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
People are claiming they’re placeholder voices.

Really? I wonder why, if that's the case. Cause those battle grunts DEFINITELY sound like Steve Burton. Plus, I'm sure both Steve and George would love to come back to the FF7 franchise. I mean, a HD remake from the ground up? That's gotta be a dream come true for those two.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Really? I wonder why, if that's the case. Cause those battle grunts DEFINITELY sound like Steve Burton. Plus, I'm sure both Steve and George would love to come back to the FF7 franchise. I mean, a HD remake from the ground up? That's gotta be a dream come true for those two.

I'm not immensely versed on voice acting, but if the dialogue isn't final yet, maybe hiring them already would've been too expensive, or something? Battle grunts could be taken from other games, too, nothing sounded distinctively unheard to me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I mean, both Steve and George come in every few months to record for a cutscene or two for Dissidia, and they got Steve to do the trailer in 2015.

Lip sync is more advanced that what would be expected so the voices should be heading towards being finalised.

Best case is Steve is doing a great job at portraying a Cloud Strife that is rarely voiced, as the Cloud we usually hear is one after the mako memory reveal.

Worst case is, like KH3, Final Fantasy VIIR is using a voice director that re-auditioned these voice actors and then decided for new ones.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I mean, both Steve and George come in every few months to record for a cutscene or two for Dissidia, and they got Steve to do the trailer in 2015.

Lip sync is more advanced that what would be expected so the voices should be heading towards being finalised.

Best case is Steve is doing a great job at portraying a Cloud Strife that is rarely voiced, as the Cloud we usually hear is one after the mako memory reveal.

Worst case is, like KH3, Final Fantasy VIIR is using a voice director that re-auditioned these voice actors and then decided for new ones.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.
That does make it more...awkward. I'm really okay with most voices, I just don't really see the point, unless the original VAs (who all did an amazing job until now) don't have time or don't want to do it anymore.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm not immensely versed on voice acting, but if the dialogue isn't final yet, maybe hiring them already would've been too expensive, or something? Battle grunts could be taken from other games, too, nothing sounded distinctively unheard to me.

Hmm... Well, Steve was in the 2015 trailer and that game must've been near the beginning stages of development at the time. So by mid-2019, they should be just about done, since Nomura says they have a plan up to launch. It sounds like we might be getting the game sooner than expected.

I think it's possible that they have placeholders because who knows what the schedule for Steve and George is currently. But I do hope that the original VAs come back, I've grown accustomed to them over the years, and it wouldn't feel right without them.

I mean, I'd get used to it of course, but still.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
They all definitely sound recast, but they really aren’t bad, just not what we’re used to. I’m just thankful Mena Suvari is kept the fuck away from Aerith (who’s never really had a consistent English VA anyway). Seph sounds like Ben Diskin impersonating George Newburn

New cast or not, let’s just hope the game has a much better voice director than KH3 and actually gives these actors context for their lines lol

Sdog

Awards
Holy hell this game still exist and looks awesome! I know with time and polish the game will look better but moving it in house made a HUGE difference.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They all definitely sound recast, but they really aren’t bad, just not what we’re used to. I’m just thankful Mena Suvari is kept the fuck away from Aerith (who’s never really had a consistent English VA anyway). Seph sounds like Ben Diskin impersonating George Newburn

New cast or not, let’s just hope the game has a much better voice director than KH3 and actually gives these actors context for their lines lol
Andrea Bowden was the most recent voice for Aerith after Mena Suvari in KH2, and she was fantastic =(

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So if they do three episodes, I think the first could end with the team sailing from Junon to Costa de Sol and fighting Jenova Birth. They could give us the entire first continent to explore in the post-game. What was world map could be full fledged explorable areas, like the swamp of the Midgar Zolom. They could hide some secret bosses, let us raise some chocobos, and the ship to Costa Del Sol could be expanded into the final dungeon.

Then Episode 2 could be Costa Del Sol to Sephiroth getting the Black Materia. VIIR-3 would start with playable Tifa escaping Junon and go to the end.

I’ve seen it suggested that they should stop Episode 1 at the end of Midgar, but it doesn’t make much sense for them to hang out around the city before or after saving Aerith and fleeing from Shinra for the post-game. It would also only give us like an hour with Red XIII, which would be a crime. I’m excited to see Midgar expanded, but 30-40 hours of it would probably bore me. I’d rather it be about the midway point of the first game.

Scorseselover

When I saw Cloud talking to Aerith I was thinking “Are we getting back the Cloud from the original FF7 who is a more determined hero and not the Cloud we’ve been getting recently where every time I look at him I expect Untitled by Simple Plan to play in the background?”

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Man, Cloud looks so much better. They really did a good job.

I assume FF7R is why SE was expecting record operating income this fiscal year. I’m surprised they decided to remain so radio silent so close to the potential release. Perhaps they had a change in mentality after the initial reveal that they should only show things off close to release? If I remember correctly Normura said the early announcement was so that the project announcement wouldn’t be leaked.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
After seeing this trailer, I really hope that Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX get this sort of remake treatment (provided that Final Fantasy VII Remake is a critical success).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Man, Cloud looks so much better. They really did a good job.
View attachment 11701

I assume FF7R is why SE was expecting record operating income this fiscal year. I’m surprised they decided to remain so radio silent so close to the potential release. Perhaps they had a change in mentality after the initial reveal that they should only show things off close to release? If I remember correctly Normura said the early announcement was so that the project announcement wouldn’t be leaked.
Square Enix adopted a new policy a few years back where they'll stop announcing video game projects years before its release.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
After seeing this trailer, I really hope that Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX get this sort of remake treatment (provided that Final Fantasy VII Remake is a critical success).
I've been wishing the same but for FF X. It's popular enough to happen, but with they releasing the remasters over and over seems unlikely, unfortunately.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If any other FF-installment gets a similar treatment, I'm imagining it would be VI. I'd love to see ultra-HD FF IX, but even I don't dare dream that...

Back