• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nomura needs co-directors. He’s a good ideas man (in small doses) so he does need someone on the ground to remain focused and progress things forward.

Hope this means they’re tightening down on everything and are funnelling towards a release date.
My thoughts exactly. Tetsuya Nomura is LITERALLY Square Enix's Hideo Kojima. A VERY GOOD AND BRILLIANT ideas man that can developer an AWESOME gameplay experience, and stories that span various characters. Kojima's brilliance is cinematic experiences and pushing the industry forward, while Nomura has a creativity power like no other.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I’m officially convinced this means Nomura is only gonna be involved in a director state with the first part of the FFVII remake and the rest are gonna be developed by the co-director while he does KH/something else but I could be wrong.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I’m officially convinced this means Nomura is only gonna be involved in a director state with the first part of the FFVII remake and the rest are gonna be developed by the co-director while he does KH/something else but I could be wrong.
Guess he'll be the ideas man, and the other co-director the executioner.
Nah, that's Yoko Taro.
Isn't he kinda, sorta outside SE?

---

Also, wouldn't this be the third director that the project gets?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I CAN'T WAIT TO BEAR WITNESS TO FINAL FANTASY VII'S MOST ICONIC MOMENTS, IN GLORIOUS HD! *cries*

Replayin' FF7 on my Switch has made me EAGER to get the remake.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I very much think they will show footage at this concert. The concert is literally the day after the KH one and is just a few days before E3.

Yeah it’s set up too perfectly. And they can’t pull the excuse that they’re waiting for KH3 anymore. I’m guessing whatever they show will be for attendees only again. So I’m hoping they do another E3 showcase showing this and perhaps some KH3 DLC news.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm excited for them to finally write Sephiroth in a decent way. I like how Crisis Core pretty much paints him as a champion. He's pretty much FFVII's Ardyn: a hero gone mad.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Rumor is we're just a few days away from seeing an update.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Rumor is we're just a few days away from seeing an update.
It could be any game that has been announced and has been out of the spotlight for a while, like WiLD or the Avengers Project. But that doesn't mean I'm not excited for the possibility of FFVIIR making it's grand re-appearance :D

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I need an update on this. I'm hoping it comes out next year. I never got a chance to play FFVII, so I'm really excited to see what all the hype is about.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I need an update on this. I'm hoping it comes out next year. I never got a chance to play FFVII, so I'm really excited to see what all the hype is about.
Really? It’s on PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and PC. Very easy to get the game these days.

But other than that, KH3 is over so Nomura promised more on VIIR, Barret was just added to Dissidia Omina Opera, and they have the first ever FFVII concert on the eve of E3 (same as the KH3 concert where we got the release date).

The stars are aligned.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I would definitely grab the original if I were you. Like Chaser said, it's on every modern platform right now, and it's pretty cheap.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

You should definitely play the original at some point.

That said, since you haven’t played it, you’re in a unique position to go into the remake without any preconceived notions of what the game has to be. So it might be cool for you to play the remake first and then check out the original. It’d give you a different perspective on the games that others like myself who have already played the original won’t get to have. Just a thought.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You really might as well pick the game up on the PS4 since it’s there? No better way to experience it than in its (mostly) original form. It also has cheats so you can speed up battles and quite literally just breeze through the story if you wish to.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You should definitely play the original at some point.

That said, since you haven’t played it, you’re in a unique position to go into the remake without any preconceived notions of what the game has to be. So it might be cool for you to play the remake first and then check out the original. It’d give you a different perspective on the games that others like myself who have already played the original won’t get to have. Just a thought.
I was planning on doing that. I did that with Ghostbusters (all female cast). I never saw the original and watched the female one first, then the guy one.

I also didn't know that it was available on PSN. I just thought it was lost forever to being on a PS1 disc.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Hashimoto has retweeted PlayStation's State of Play announcement. *Youhavemyattention meme intensifies*

Back