• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

Darn, this is what happens when you're in a different, inconvenient timezone, you just sleep through the most epic/surprising news, while the other half of the globe goes all party. I'm still confused! Was that announcement with the "PC port simply coming to PS4" a huge troll?? Will this be the true awesome, breathtaking HD remake?
because if it's the real thing, I'm like..
GIF-amazing-astonished-Bill-and-Teds-Excellent-Adventure-Keanu-Reeves-mind-blown-OMG-surprised-wow-GIF.gif

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

It's so pretty and

CHl7yoYUwAIo-0a.png:large

wait a minute what's that!?!

CHl72c1UMAEyBFI.png:large

It's The Third Birthday!

parasite_eve_the_3rd_birthday-1712764.jpg

This reminds me to play through that, I just found a like new copy a few months ago

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I'm curious how much of the original will be kept intact. Most resources I imagine are lost and there were many translation errors so dialogue would probably be rescripted. Looking at Reno specifically, and Nomura is more at the reigns than he was over a decade ago so I can see him being much more similar to Axel in personality type. (Also new hitman announced, ff7 remake announced = RUDE AS AGENT 47 CONFIRMED).

I wonder how much of the original battle system will carry over, ff7's gameplay hasn't aged that while and SE as a whole has been moving towards the action RPG model for a while (and maybe Nomura will get to make the versus XIII that never was).

Tl;Dr for someone like me who was never really all that hyped for a remake besides imagining playing as cloud in a KH like environment 5-10 years ago, its easy to say I'm cautiously optimistic about this and I can see square exclusively dealing with PS technology, where the game is likely being developed on.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

I imagine (and honestly hope) that it's going to be an ARPG. Hopefully we'll get some information tomorrow.

And for fuck sake, the materia system better be completely overhauled. I don't want to end up with carbon copies of the same character again.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I imagine (and honestly hope) that it's going to be an ARPG. Hopefully we'll get some information tomorrow.

And for diddly sake, the materia system better be completely overhauled. I don't want to end up with carbon copies of the same character again.
The materia system could be awesome and shouldn't be that hard to do. Just do it like deck commands, only give a cool down bar that fills as you cast spells or summons.

And if the yuffie mission is redone DO NOT SCRAMBLE OUR FUCKING MATERIA AND EQUIPMENT. that killed me when I played the game, it was a traumatic experience.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

Thanks for smashing the other companies into pieces, Square.

We love you.

Also:
tumblr_nq0nmoJNVk1tjkl0mo1_540.gif

Hello Barret how are you today?

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Thanks for smashing the other companies into pieces, Square.

We love you.

This is exactly what I was thinking.
Square: "So Fallout got quite the attention? Aww, so cute~ ♥ ♥ ♥ *releases one of the most anticipated trailers ever, splendid HD remake of ICONIC game that we TOTALLY didn't think was coming since the PS4 troll port trailer..*

Yup, that totally stole the show. Somehow, I love troll Square, it all makes sense, their strategy sure has..impact on us (I was SHOCKED/AWESTRUCK by these news and like, MOTHER OF JENOVA, HOLY CHOCOBO, SQUARE, take my money. I regret nothing.)

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

I'm 100% expecting some minor changes so Crisis, Dirge, and Before Crisis all still fit into the universe (and for the eventual FFVII-2 sequel because I fully believe there is still one more story they want to tell in that world).
I would go even further and expect some major changes regarding the inclusion of these games, it wouldn't make sense any other way.

It's not that I like everything from the Compilation of FFVII (I despise Advent Children and think Genesis/Gackt is a strange inclusion at best, although he still makes more sense than Denzel) but it would still benefit from a smoothed narrative and a continuity that makes sense.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

Now I feel incredibly bad for never playing FFVII but god that trailer looks absolutely gorgeous. I think I might need to play the game before the remake is released.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

More Zack Fair plox .

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

Now I feel incredibly bad for never playing FFVII but god that trailer looks absolutely gorgeous. I think I might need to play the game before the remake is released.
At least I know I'm not alone in the world XD

I'm so happy they stamped it (rather loudly) as a 'remake.' I'm not just excited for new graphics because those aren't really what make or break a game: I'm excited to see how they modernize the dialogue between characters. I want to be able to feel the script. Make me upset, make me angry, make me sad, happy, or surprised. This is a remake. Don't just give me a remaster.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

There's been rumours of a falling out between Square Enix and Gackt, possibly explaining the absence of Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus on the PS Store. here's hoping they are true and that this remake doesn't mention Genesis at all. Stupid character that never should have existed in the first place.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Man, tried to sleep after Sony`s show, but that did not work out really great. The world looks rather weird when you have only slept 2-3 hours.

Also I am kinda sad that now Nomura has a reputation of being that guys who`s games never come out. Some people were kinda mean on the comments about that. :( But he being the director, Kitase being the producer and Nojima writing the remake, man I am liking this. I know you could be pessimistic about this reveal, but for once I wanna be naive, and just really happy about this.
Also this song has been stuck inside my head the whole day:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikmXR-W7Z8s
Hmm. Maybe I should re-watch Advent Children before Sqaure`s show today? I think I might actually do that.
The possibility of Nibhelheim incident in HD with the power of PS4. Me wanna see!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Don't watch the original cut of Advent Children. It's not very good. AC Complete is the only way to go.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

SxOgj5K.png

what a beauty

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

These sales figures were posted on NeoGAF:

FF XIII
PS3 - 4.95m
360 - 1.95m

FF XIII-2
PS3 - 2.23m
360 - 0.64m

Lightning Returns
PS3 - 1.01m
360 - 0.23m

FF Type-0 HD
PS4 - 0.5m
XB1 - 0.08m

Lost Odyssey - Xbox 360 - 890k
Last Remnant - Xbox 360 - 670k
Infinite Undiscovery - Xbox 360 - 670k

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

It.
It happened.
Guys it happened!

I'm excited for this, but strangely I have no feeling towards this either.
I do love the trailer. At first I'm all "well this looks nice" then "wait" "was that...?" "did I hear...?" "I am!" "YEEEEES!!!" They did the right thing by not making the trailer obvious from the start. The buildup was perfection.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

So what's your DO's and DONT's for this remake?

For me, the only thing that really matters is that they keep Genesis and Gackt as far away from this remake as possible. Also, I don't want them to censor or cut anything because it's controversial. Wall Market is supposed to be shady, with its prostitution and all.

Back