• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TheOtherPromise

Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

those guys just gotta learn to take it for what it is. this isn't going to replace the original, and it doesn't need to. really, this is pretty redundant and silly (as is the nature of most remakes). but it'll be a good time, for the novelty of it, if nothing else.

Yeah, I agree. Really, this game should be final fantasy VII made for a new generation. The old generation already has their version of the game. Even if the changes they made to the game were good, the old generation would still be upset.

TheOtherPromise

I wonder if we'll get a release date for KH 3.

Probably gonna be a while (hopefully Nomura gets to keep this one).
:/ I thought so. Ugh, I hope they give us at least one release date. I'm so tired of waiting for things.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Yeah, I agree. Really, this game should be final fantasy VII made for a new generation. The old generation already has their version of the game. Even if the changes they made to the game were good, the old generation would still be upset.

^ Same here.

How would you guys feel if the gameplay in battles were changed? I wouldn't mind if it were changed to fit the new generation version of this game.

Still can't believe this is really happening.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

At least I'm consistent! I've expressed many times that I don't want a remake if it means putting Genesis and other retcon nonsense in it. I'm completely fine with them changing the battle system, for example. ATB sucks. CTB from FFX would be a nice alternative, but I wouldn't mind action-RPG style either. If they can keep the same vibe as the original (and provide dual audio, because the American dub is bound to stick out like a sore thumb just like Advent Children) and also not cut anything "controversial" like the cross-dressing or silly like Red XIII in a sailor outfit, then I'm game.

Qiesamuel

Please don't make KH3 delay because of this.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

How on earth I am going to sleep after this!? I so excited that it hurts my stomach.

I am not sure if I like Clouds new look, but we have seen so little that I can`t really comment on that.

Right? I'm so hyped I doubt I'll be getting any sleep tonight.

TheOtherPromise

How would you guys feel if the gameplay in battles were changed? I wouldn't mind if it were changed to fit the new generation version of this game.

I think they should change the combat. I think ATB combat looks a little awkward when the characters are realistic looking. And turn-based combat looks even more awkward.
The only problem is that I don't know what combat would be better to replace that with. I really like being able to switch characters but you can't really do that in real-time combat(like ff XV).

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It probably won't. Much of the game has been done for almost 20 years now. Nomura's role will be to see that every part of the game has been remade with respect to the original. There's, hopefully, no new story to speak of.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I'm not a super FFVII fan, so I wouldn't be annoyed by any changes they might make. Although, yes, I hope they try to keep it as close to the original as possible.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

So do you guys think it really is a game? Some people on different forums are thinking that it might be a movie.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

So do you guys think it really is a game? Some people on different forums are thinking that it might be a movie.

If it is, then I expect SE will have a lot of fan backlash.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I don't think it's a movie, because it wouldn't make sense to call it a remake and there'd probably be too much content to make it into a sole movie. My 2 cents on it.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

On the subject of gameplay, while I don't see this happening, I think the best thing SE could do is a "Classic" Mode, which has the original gameplay, and then a "New" mode, with however they change it up, that when less fans while complain. Though, I don't see them actually doing that.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Also, at the end of the day Nomura is just one guy. Just like Tabata. Don't put people on a pedestal. There's an entire team of talented people who will be working on this. If anything, Kitase ought to be the one who really knows what to do with this game since he's the original director and writer.

I think Nomura is very important to Kingdom Hearts, because that's clearly his baby since day one. Final Fantasy? Not so much. Final Fantasy takes a village to run.

Back