• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I imagine any project derived from the Remake will have the Remake's voice-actors, while anything that fuses the FINAL FANTASY brand like Dissidia and other games will use the old VAs.

Man I wish they replaced Tifa for Dissidia. Rachel Leigh Cook’s performance in that game is terrible.

Also if that were the case why is the Japanese cast the same?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Japanese voice actors are considered to be prolific actors and are highly well known with a huge fan following. They aren’t changing them because they can use them to promote the game.

Alternatively, the English voice actors are definitely people of some fame but hardly as well regarded as their Japanese counterparts. This gives them a lot of room to recast with younger, up and coming stars or more prolific ones, or even just cast people they feel fit these roles better now.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Quinton Flynn retweeting and liking tweets that are basically dumping on the new actors is just... So lame to me. Quinton Flynn is already playing a massive character in Kingdom Hearts-- A character that's bigger than Reno. Yet he can't be humble and let Square go forward with a new cast????? grow up dude

I really like the old cast, but recasting will go a long way toward making FF7R feel fresh.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Quinton Flynn retweeting and liking tweets that are basically dumping on the new actors is just... So lame to me. Quinton Flynn is already playing a massive character in Kingdom Hearts-- A character that's bigger than Reno. Yet he can't be humble and let Square go forward with a new cast????? grow up dude

I really like the old cast, but recasting will go a long way toward making FF7R feel fresh.
This, and already aren't some of the original talents old? This project could very well span for a decade, maybe even a bit more.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
People need to remember that the majority of voice acting isn't a stable income, and the switch to new actors means other people lost work on something they would rightfully believe to have been a guaranteed job. No one likes it when they're suddenly replaced without warning. While Quinton Flynn retweeting posts can be shitty, he was also essentially stabbed in heart by being removed from not just from a job, but from a character he's very attached to.

This, and already aren't some of the original talents old? This project could very well span for a decade, maybe even a bit more.
In that case, every single actor in Kingdom Hearts, a franchise that'll span far longer than FFVIIR, should be replaced immediately. They could keel over any second! In fact, everyone above 35 should just be forbidden from working all together.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, but it's not like these people are in their 90s. The only one I can think of when being concerned about age is Beau Billingslea, who's in his 70s now.

Also, being young isn't a guarantee they'll be around throughout all of FFVIIR either.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
People need to remember that the majority of voice acting isn't a stable income, and the switch to new actors means other people lost work on something they would rightfully believe to have been a guaranteed job. No one likes it when they're suddenly replaced without warning. While Quinton Flynn retweeting posts can be shitty, he was also essentially stabbed in heart by being removed from not just from a job, but from a character he's very attached to.

If he’s concerned about his income, maybe he shouldn’t be acting unprofessional towards the new VAs, which will only make SE and other companies less likely to want to work with him in the future.

If he didn’t have a contract in place to voice Reno in this project, he shouldn’t have assumed the job was his. Just because you have played the part before doesn’t mean you are guaranteed to play it in future projects (especially total remakes,) unless there is a contract stipulation in place for that like Disney’s right of first refusal for their VAs. SE doesn’t have that though.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If he’s concerned about his income, maybe he shouldn’t be acting unprofessional towards the new VAs, which will only make SE and other companies less likely to want to work with him in the future.

If he didn’t have a contract in place to voice Reno in this project, he shouldn’t have assumed the job was his. Just because you have played the part before doesn’t mean you are guaranteed to play it in future projects (especially total remakes,) unless there is a contract stipulation in place for that like Disney’s right of first refusal for their VAs. SE doesn’t have that though.
Fair point

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
48784831786_91928afb8a_h.jpg

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The cover art looks great! I’m glad they did this. Also Ifrit is so cool holy crap *hype intensifies*

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if maybe they should have put "Part 1" on the cover.
I presume subsequent releases will have Part 2/VII-2

Either that or subsequent entries will be marketed (and possibly developed) more like massive expansions. I know a lot of people are against that kind of thing, but I would like it if we could eventually play the entire project as a single experience.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Either that or subsequent entries will be marketed (and possibly developed) more like massive expansions. I know a lot of people are against that kind of thing, but I would like it if we could eventually play the entire project as a single experience.
I imagine that would be possible on the PS5, but in terms of Marketing, it doesn't make since. This kind of confusion is one of the reasons as to why the Nintendo Wii U flonked as hard as it did: casuals thought it was an expansion, and not an actual new console.

I imagine they'll release the second episode of the Remake project as the PS5 enters the market, and a single PS5 disc will feature both episodes as launch title for hte PS5.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I imagine that would be possible on the PS5, but in terms of Marketing, it doesn't make since. This kind of confusion is one of the reasons as to why the Nintendo Wii U flonked as hard as it did: casuals thought it was an expansion, and not an actual new console.

I imagine they'll release the second episode of the Remake project as the PS5 enters the market, and a single PS5 disc will feature both episodes as launch title for hte PS5.

I think audiences following the game are smart enough to understand it. If the approach works for FFXIV, why can’t that model be used for a massive single player experience? Just give the next part a subtitle and a physical release like they do with XIV and it would work just fine. It’s really not all that functionally different than sequels.

If anything, I think it would easier to understand the later parts as expansions to create a single FFVII Remake rather than having the Remake that isn’t really the full remake and then sequels that aren’t really sequels of the original work.

I also don’t think the comparison to the Wii U situation works since that was a console and this is a game. The Wii U was understandably seen as another version of the same thing. Like the 3DS and 2DS. I doubt an expansion of a game would be seen that way when you would have trailers clearly showing that it’s a continuation of the base game. Again, people grasp the concept for online multiplayer games. So it shouldn’t be that hard to understand for a single player game.

Back