• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

The Open World part is going to be really difficult to go by. I was just thinking how FFXV's Open World is going to work, maybe something similar?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Well maybe this will come out in 2017 then instead of next year. Like I was hoping =/

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Well maybe this will come out in 2017 then instead of next year. Like I was hoping =/
Since XV is out next year, there's no way we would get both. And by the sound of the interview, they're no where near being able to release something. :c

Early 2017 would make sense and allow them to have a big FF release both years. Splitting the game up will help get it out faster at least.

They have to keep the dating stuff the same though! ;__; Now I'm worried they'll change it to reflect the times, which might be bad since a lot of things are leaning towards overly PC.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

If they're changing the dates to reflect the times, they'll just have the two characters on their cell phones the entire date, texting eachother if they want to talk and otherwise ignoring eachother's existence the whole time. =w=

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

2017. That is good. Gives me time to actually play the original first, which I'm not sure if I should do PS3 or PC/PS4 first just because those new cheats are very tempting. No encounters so that way I can turn them off at inconvenient times? Sign me up.

Part of me kind of hopes they have some sort of HD Remaster of Crisis Core to both help generate even more hype for VII, but possibly even introduce new fans to the series within the series. Then again, maybe I only want that because CC is my bae.

I will admit though, I am a tad bummed this won't be coming out next year. I'm really digging the look of it so far

If they're changing the dates to reflect the times, they'll just have the two characters on their cell phones the entire date, texting eachother if they want to talk and otherwise ignoring eachother's existence the whole time. =w=

I don't know what kind of dates you've been on, Osprey.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

I don't know what kind of dates you've been on, Osprey.
Silly... thinking that I go on dates. :p

It's just what I've observed. People go out to dinner together, only to whip out their phones and barely make eye contact for the next two hours. It's sad.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Since XV is out next year, there's no way we would get both. And by the sound of the interview, they're no where near being able to release something. :c

Early 2017 would make sense and allow them to have a big FF release both years. Splitting the game up will help get it out faster at least.

They have to keep the dating stuff the same though! ;__; Now I'm worried they'll change it to reflect the times, which might be bad since a lot of things are leaning towards overly PC.

Well if it's early 2017, gotta hope it doesn't derail me on my thesis during that time. Though it'd make sense not to have two major FF titles in the same year. XV is looking like a Sept 2016 release anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh, look. Things being taken over the line. Clearly we can't talk about being/not being PC without it devolving to one person deciding to insult others.

Posts moved.

We clearly cannot have adult conversations about this without it turning into a mess of an argument so avoid discussing it altogether. It is clear this probably won't be an issue in FF7R anyways because they seem dedicated to staying true to the spirit of the original while also keeping it in line with modern sensibilities.

This is why I'm going to ask you all to not discuss this in this thread. If you want to talk about political correctness and it being good/bad, make a new thread. If you want to talk about concerns over FF7R being politically correct, make a new thread.

If either are done, keep discussion respectable and avoid tossing insults.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Oh, look. Things being taken over the line. Clearly we can't talk about being/not being PC without it devolving to one person deciding to insult others.

Posts moved.

We clearly cannot have adult conversations about this without it turning into a mess of an argument so avoid discussing it altogether. It is clear this probably won't be an issue in FF7R anyways because they seem dedicated to staying true to the spirit of the original while also keeping it in line with modern sensibilities.

This is why I'm going to ask you all to not discuss this in this thread. If you want to talk about political correctness and it being good/bad, make a new thread. If you want to talk about concerns over FF7R being politically correct, make a new thread.

If either are done, keep discussion respectable and avoid tossing insults.

Thanks!

I'll take blame for starting that, didn't mean for that to snowball into whatever it did (since I was logged off and didn't see what became of it). So my bad. Square doesn't have a history in censoring many things as of late (the JAP versions of KH not withstanding, despite us still not getting the censored content in the ReMIXes), I digress, so it was an unnecessary tangent.

So if we are in fact not getting any news for awhile, I do hope we could get the cover art during that time. But given that we don't even have 2.8's cover art, it seems unlikely for awhile =/

Pandymint

Awards

I'm happy to see some more information since I was absent for a few days. I have a friend that is almost adamant it's getting released next year and now I get to burst his bubble. Wahahahahahahaha.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I'm happy to see some more information since I was absent for a few days. I have a friend that is almost adamant it's getting released next year and now I get to burst his bubble. Wahahahahahahaha.

Pop that bubble and save the tears for a later date.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

After KH II.8? But...why?
Not that I'd care too much. I'd rather wait a little longer for the first episode and then have the second one shortly after than getting the first on in no time and then having to wait for years for the second one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

After KH II.8? But...why?
Not that I'd care too much. I'd rather wait a little longer for the first episode and then have the second one shortly after than getting the first on in no time and then having to wait for years for the second one.

Don't forget that square is releasing a slee of JRPGs over the next few years so its not like we're getting a dry spell.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Don't forget that square is releasing a slee of JRPGs over the next few years so its not like we're getting a dry spell.

Of course not, but in the end, FFVIIR is still "one" game or rather one story. So I wouldn't want years in between that. :s Or rather: After all the shit with Versus XIII and KH III, waiting for three or four years isn't really much to me.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Of course not, but in the end, FFVIIR is still "one" game or rather one story. So I wouldn't want years in between that. :s Or rather: After all the shit with Versus XIII and KH III, waiting for three or four years isn't really much to me.

We have been conditioned to this harsh gaming climate.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Hey so will each disc gets its own plat or just 1 for the whole saga? Sony can be remarkably picky with what does & doesn't get platinum trophies sometimes.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Hey so will each disc gets its own plat or just 1 for the whole saga? Sony can be remarkably picky with what does & doesn't get platinum trophies sometimes.

Considering 1.5 and 2.5 got their own plats for the two games of each installment I'd assume so.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I wish more people would realise that open world is not the same thing as a world map.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I wish more people would realise that open world is not the same thing as a world map.

Doesn't open world imply seamless transitions, i.e. Bethesda games and FFXV, where world map is more reminiscent of how the FF series was IX and under? That's how I interpret it, anyway. I could be hella wrong.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Doesn't open world imply seamless transitions, i.e. Bethesda games and FFXV, where world map is more reminiscent of how the FF series was IX and under? That's how I interpret it, anyway. I could be hella wrong.

I think he means don't expect it to be like how Type 0 was and expect something more like Bethesda games or FFXV

Back