• As we all know, this is a forum for Kingdom Hearts. Even so, if anybody posts spoilers for Endgame anywhere on this site without spoiler tags, you will be banned. If you change your avatar to something related to Endgame, you will be banned. If you put something in your signature, send a message to somebody that is visibly seen, or share spoilers with somebody who does not wish to see them, you will be banned.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - March 3rd 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • News Hound
Wait... so what is releasing is going to be Part 1? How many parts will there be? I was hoping to buy it all as one game and complete it. Why would they need 2 discs for Part 1?
Wait... so what is releasing is going to be Part 1?
Midgar, Part 1 is Midgar & ends with the party leaving Midgar.

How many parts will there be?
Square themselves do not know yet. Could be everything else is done in the 2nd part. Could be 3. Or 4. Or 17. No one knows.

Why would they need 2 discs for Part 1?
Because Nomura is not a sane, rational thinking human being. Given that Square is charging $60 for what was originally the 1st 5 hours of VII in the old days, perhaps they were being so sure that there would be enough content to be a standalone title that they went overboard & put in too much.

Chaser

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Completionist
  • NieR: Automata
  • Beauty Within
  • Keyblade Champion
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
How is it possible that Part 1 of a remake of an ancient game is bigger than all of KH3!?
It’s coming with multiple languages and cutscenes that need to be lip synced to those languages, including uncompressed CG. That takes up a lot of space.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I heard Midgar is just a small portion of FF7 and there are much more cities after that, but I honestly doubt this Remake will have more than 3 parts and that's already assuming each part may have 2 discs. It doesn't seem reasonable. I'm thinking they will either be less ambitious with the other cities or they will cover some stuff with cutscenes.

I honestly don't understand how a remake of a PS1 game can become so big that they need to divide it in different parts. Makes me wonder how much would be necessary to remake KH2 Final Mix...

Last edited:

drew0512

Awards
I honestly don't understand how a remake of a PS1 game can become so big that they need to divide it in different parts.
It's not a 1:1 remake, it's an expansion of the original game. Final Fantasy 7 has prequels, sequels, a movie sequel and novels and it's safe to assume they're taking elements from them to flesh out some parts that were underutilized or even ignored in the original. Just making a 1:1 remake would be a big task as the original game is huge (which is normal for a "pure" JPRG), let alone when you're expanding it.