• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

Radiant Historia has the best turn-based combat system ever.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

I'd love to see the battle system take the direction Versus XIII was originally going to have.

Considering Nomura, I'm willing to bet that the turn-based (well, really ATB isn't turn-based) system is gone.

Anagram

Banned

I'll be saddened if theres not some level of Crisis Core in this somehow. At least some Zack scenes outside the one from the original game.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

Radiant Historia has the best turn-based combat system ever.

Been meaning to buy this forever, just never got the chance.

Considering Nomura, I'm willing to bet that the turn-based (well, really ATB isn't turn-based) system is gone.

I'm okay with this, and I trust Nomura's idea for the battle system will turn out just fine.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Welp, for the first time in, well, ever, I can finally talk about the Final Fantasy remake unironically.

I'll be saddened if theres not some level of Crisis Core in this somehow. At least some Zack scenes outside the one from the original game.

I'm sure they'll add in a couple of them. I'd actually be very interested if they include the one in Niblheim where Zack talks about the Buster Sword after asking him why he never uses it.

Been meaning to buy this forever, just never got the chance.

I'm okay with this, and I trust Nomura's idea for the battle system will turn out just fine.

It would be interesting to see, at the very least.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Well I'm definitely late but this is quite the news eh? I thought the trailer was for something related to Advent Children at first. xD
I've only played the first disc of FF7 (long story) but I do know the general plot. I can't wait to give it a try, though since this is most likely at least 2 more years away I may just buy it on the PSN and play the original first.
Question: I've played Crisis Core, but it's been about 3 or 4 years so I'm hazy on the details, and I don't remember having a problem with Genesis so what's the problem with him?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Is everyone ****ing happy now!?

I mean, I am probs.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I'm willing to bet the only major changes will be gameplay, especially with the wording. Pretty sure the story will remain 85% the same, with certain things tossed in for the rest of the franchise to remain relevant.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I'm willing to bet the only major changes will be gameplay, especially with the wording. Pretty sure the story will remain 85% the same, with certain things tossed in for the rest of the franchise to remain relevant.

I'm hoping this is right. It would be weird if they strayed off to the point that the story wasn't still totally coherent with the rest of the Compilation of FFVII.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Was I the only one who thought it looked like they were about to reveal a (playable) sequel to Advent Children? I think I would actually have preferred that.

Square Enix, don't you dare put Gackt in this remake! And don't screw up the soundtrack or the vibe of the game!

No, definitely put GACKT in this remake. And as far as a GACKT and SQUARE falling out... GACKT provided a song for a SE game just last year.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Well I'm definitely late but this is quite the news eh? I thought the trailer was for something related to Advent Children at first. xD
I've only played the first disc of FF7 (long story) but I do know the general plot. I can't wait to give it a try, though since this is most likely at least 2 more years away I may just buy it on the PSN and play the original first.
Question: I've played Crisis Core, but it's been about 3 or 4 years so I'm hazy on the details, and I don't remember having a problem with Genesis so what's the problem with him?
Not sure on everyone else's opinion on Genesis, but my issue with him is that while I do like him, I find him completely unnecessary and that I can't help but see him as just a red Sephiroth.

That's what I'm hoping. There'll probably be a few changes to the story to help fit it with the rest of the Compilation, but it does sound like here he's just talking about gameplay (and that this remake won't be a top-down view with pre-rendered areas.)

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

No, definitely put GACKT in this remake. And as far as a GACKT and SQUARE falling out... GACKT provided a song for a SE game just last year.

Eek. How people can like Gackt is beyond me.

Do put Cissnei in the game though!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I actually haven't commented on this yet but I'm so happy! I've never had a chance to play FFVII (though I have played Crises Core and Dirge of Cerberus) so I'm excited as hell to be getting the Remake.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I too, am excited for this! I remember playing FF7 back on the PS1, but not at all since then. I'll be happy to see what's new and different as well as what nostalgia it may still contain whenever it comes out :3

Sdog

Awards

I still never finished playing VII, so by this point I'll just wait. Cause those graphics are hard to stomach for someone that wasn't a gamer yet when the game came out.

Back