• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

I think we can all rest assured that Genesis will remain in the canon. If they didn't hve further plans for him, he would have been killed off in CC and not been featured in the secret ending of Dirge.
I don't really care if he stays in canon or not. He exists, so there's not much we can do about that. I'll just be beyond irritated if he gets shoehorned into the story of the original FFVII, or anywhere else that he, his clones, and his edgy poetry recitals don't belong.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I have a love-hate relationship with Genesis. Utterly useless storyline, a poor man's Sephiroth, and clearly some weird SE/Nomura wish fulfillment, but I still like Genesis' design and personality and the fact that he is voiced by Gackt.

He's on ice/crystal during FF7, though, so I doubt we will see anything tied to him. Deep Ground can stay underground though. Except Rosso. And Shelke.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Other people who liked Genesis? There are literally dozens of us. The whole tragic fate trio of Angeal/Sephiroth/Genesis was a nice extension of the story for me.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I'm indifferent to Genesis. He wasn't great, but I didn't hate him. He was whatever.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I have a love-hate relationship with Genesis. Utterly useless storyline, a poor man's Sephiroth, and clearly some weird SE/Nomura wish fulfillment, but I still like Genesis' design and personality and the fact that he is voiced by Gackt.

He's on ice/crystal during FF7, though, so I doubt we will see anything tied to him. Deep Ground can stay underground though. Except Rosso. And Shelke.
I wonder if they will want to add some DoC stuff or just forget about it, even if the game was really poor to say the least I liked some parts about it and Rosso's design was fucking awesome.
If they do bring it in though that'd be really poor taste unless they plan to rework DoC in to a new sequel and pretend like the original DoC never happened but bring back Genesis in that one (At least I really love that guy lol, don't care about all the haters)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Best new character from Crisis Core was Cissnei, by far. I'd love to know what happened to her.

And I think as far as Dirge of Cerberus goes, it actually had the best overall plot out of the Compilation titles (the only real bad thing was the return of a certain character, who should have remained in flashbacks only).

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Best new character from Crisis Core was Cissnei, by far. I'd love to know what happened to her.

Cissnei will always remain my favorite Turk. I've mentioned this before, but I really would like to see what they could do with Cissnei by including her in the Remake.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Cissnei was awesome! I think we can all agree we wouldn't be upset if she popped up.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I love Cissnei! I'd be happy for her to return...and to see some of the Turks in BC. There was plenty of overlap and time gaps going on in that game that should make it possible for there to be some fun cameos (and boss battles)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Include Cissnei please! Who needs Genesis ;_;
Dunno though. Sure there will be changes, but I'm really afraid they'll somehow mess up the story.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah I didn't realize how much I would like Cissnei to be in this either till you guys started saying it and I got really excited haha, so I will jump on that train as well.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Btw I'm still mad about that "I didn't even tell you my real name" line. GIVE US THE NAME, SQUARE ENIX, WHY WON'T YA?

To be honest, thinking about it, I wouldn't mind if the Turks played a more serious role in the Remake. Like, sure, they were there, but the fights against them were mostly ridiculously easy and some stuff like Wutai or Gongaga was even optional.

Anagram

Banned

I'm indifferent to Genesis. He wasn't great, but I didn't hate him. He was whatever.

Likewise. The biggest tragedy of the story to me was how likable sane Sephiroth actually was.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I don't think that portrayal did him any favours. His transformation from this calm and collected senpai to a mad man, which seemingly happened in a flash, was not believable. Sephiroth is an iconic villain, design wise. But in terms of character development I find him to be one of the worst villains in the series. Jenova on the other hand... would definitely like to know more about "her". And I hope the remake gives us more information about Rufus too.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I don't think that portrayal did him any favours. His transformation from this calm and collected senpai to a mad man, which seemingly happened in a flash, was not believable. Sephiroth is an iconic villain, design wise. But in terms of character development I find him to be one of the worst villains in the series. Jenova on the other hand... would definitely like to know more about "her".

I'd agree that in Crisis Core, it seemed kind of weird. He seemed to be such a collected, realistic, calm person in the beginning of that game. And suddenly, some bullshit and lies and weird stuff made him go absolutely crazy? Nah. Felt a little forced to me.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

I'd agree that in Crisis Core, it seemed kind of weird. He seemed to be such a collected, realistic, calm person in the beginning of that game. And suddenly, some bullshit and lies and weird stuff made him go absolutely crazy? Nah. Felt a little forced to me.
I completely agree with this. It was kind of out of place. Not bad, but out of place.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

In regards to FFVII remake. Looking at the FFXIII saga as a model of release (three full-fledged games). Each game will be the size of a FFXIII game is specifically stated. In other words full scale 30+ hour RPG, and they also say plot wise nothing is off the table in terms of changes. They clarify they aren't changing everything but Kitase, Nomura, and Nojima feel since they were involved with the original game that they have the liberty to add / change what they want while still making fans happy. They also state they want FFVII Remake to have a much shorter development cycle than FFXV.

I wonder how they're planning to work on the gameplay if its three separate game. I'm actually hoping it stays the same and any data that had been collected from the first game will transfer on to the next.​

Max

Staff member
Awards

I wonder how they're planning to work on the gameplay if its three separate game. I'm actually hoping it stays the same and any data that had been collected from the first game will transfer on to the next.​

That's what I'm hoping, like the old .hack games, make it multiple releases but just feel like multiple discs.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

That's what I'm hoping, like the old .hack games, make it multiple releases but just feel like multiple discs.

I think that's what their aim is, but I'm sure people will automatically assume the worst and jump ship, especially just seeing FFXIII in the same sentence as this. I'm all for this if they mean 'full game' is at least over 40 hours minimum.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Part of me is curious that, since evidently the story of one game is being expanded into multiple games, if maybe they will actually correct the Sephiroth development issue. Perhaps even shown it via flashbacks through a more subtle, slower style since it makes sense for him to be likable at first and then become what he is in VII, since a lot of people looked up to him and respected him.

I mean, I know someone is probably gonna say I'm wrong for this comment, but I feel like Caius was kind of the better written and more sympathetic Sephiroth.

Back