• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

Doesn't open world imply seamless transitions, i.e. Bethesda games and FFXV, where world map is more reminiscent of how the FF series was IX and under? That's how I interpret it, anyway. I could be hella wrong.

You're... not hella wrong, but I would interpret the "world map" to be a diagram of the region you are able move about in. The degree to how open it is in actual gameplay is meaningless. Most every game that isn't completely linear has some form of world map. I would describe "open world" as being a game where you are free to go to any part of the game world using any route you choose. So basically the world map is a feature that any game can have and open world describes the type of game it is.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Doesn't open world imply seamless transitions, i.e. Bethesda games and FFXV, where world map is more reminiscent of how the FF series was IX and under? That's how I interpret it, anyway. I could be hella wrong.

Exactly. But somehow expect this game to be open world. An entire planet to be explored in full scale. "It needs to be open world just like the original, otherwise it'll be linear and bad like FFXIII". That's basically what many people are saying. That's just a ridiculous expectation. Open world games are typically confined to a finite amount of space. FFVII was never designed with open world in mind. It's quite annoying that many people think a world map should translate into an open world as if they were one and the same concept. People's obsession with open world has gone a bit too far in recent years. I get that people don't want a game as straight forward as FFXIII again, but the answer is not to go for the extreme opposite.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Go like dragon age inquisition where the zones were as big as the entirety of dragon age's whole world, but seperate somewhat to get rid of that feeling like you're thrown into an unending abyss.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I really liked the zone system in Final Fantasy XII. It was large enough for you to explore a lot and leave an area feeling content. You knew that there'd be no point in those zones being ever larger because it would just be more of the same and that would take away from the excitement.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Please nothing like FFXII.

Anyone seen this?

[video=youtube;0-2gc0z6Wgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-2gc0z6Wgs[/video]

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Please nothing like FFXII.

Anyone seen this?

[video=youtube;0-2gc0z6Wgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-2gc0z6Wgs[/video]

Thanks for sharing. I remember seeing that a lot of months ago, maybe weeks after it was uploaded. I've seen many HD adaptions of the original FF7. Granted, that one in particular could use some reworking, but it's been almost two years since that video was uploaded. Perhaps there is a better version out there.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

I almost can't process this right now, VII isn't my favorite but its definitely aged the worst out of the entire series. I can't wait to play this! And for the first bit of speculation, I wonder if they'll keep Vincent and Yuffie optional?

I doubt they'll be optional given Vincent has now canonically appeared as a main character in both Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus, both of which rely heavily on there being interactive history between him and the rest of the cast. Yuffie is also an occurring character in Crisis Core, with Vincent appearing as a 'hidden treasure'.

I can understand that VII isn't everyone's favorite, it isn't everyone's cup of tea. For me is it my 2nd with XII at the top of the list.

I just realized...how are they going to filter Barret and Cid's sailor talk now that they can't just make a massive series of symbols? I adore Cid but...that mouth would prevent me playing VII when my folks are in the same room.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

I just realized...how are they going to filter Barret and Cid's sailor talk now that they can't just make a massive series of symbols? I adore Cid but...that mouth would prevent me playing VII when my folks are in the same room.

Number of ways. Adding in bleeps for comedic effect (although that might feel really out of place for a Final Fantasy game), just having them flat out say the implied words or something similar, or make up more creative profanities that aren't actually profanities.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If they censor that shit I gonna be pissed, they're just diddel words, people need to grow up and let that fuk go of that horrible law of good and evil.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Depends on FF7R's ESRB rating, which I think will retain the original's T for Teens.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Thanks for sharing. I remember seeing that a lot of months ago, maybe weeks after it was uploaded. I've seen many HD adaptions of the original FF7. Granted, that one in particular could use some reworking, but it's been almost two years since that video was uploaded. Perhaps there is a better version out there.

There's so many mod videos. It's amazing. There's also a Advent Children version of it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

There's so many mod videos. It's amazing. There's also a Advent Children version of it.

Woah, must be pretty impressive. :eek: But fans will still "remake" FF7 their own way. They'll always want to play "RPG!FF7". Granted, they have FF7 HD and the game looks good, but it won't compare to a product with remade textures and models.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Speaking about the Remake, I was thinking about in what direction they would take it`s music, and started to listen VII`s soundtrack. I stumbled upon FFVII G- Bike, and some of the song remixes it has are pretty good. I would love if they would adopt a similar style:
[video=youtube;yyW6w-mKTQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyW6w-mKTQ0[/video]

I wish a little bit that they won`t go full with classical instruments, but mix some... how shall I say it... electrical aspects to the songs. Like Advent Children`s soundtrack, it`s songs use a lot of classical instruments, but mix other instruments there to make the songs feel tech, or even creepy at times. Tracks like Battle in the Forgotten City is a good example of this sort of mix:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1H5d3x8CI

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Kitase confirms in the latest issue of Game Informer that they're looking at the "FFXIII model" for how to release the FFVII remake in parts. In other words, people who got worried about this being some fairly short-length episodic format can't stop being worried and those who claimed the remake was already doomed because they believed it to be true can eat their words.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Inb4 people misunderstand this as FFVIIR being done in the exact same gameplay style of XIII and people complain about that.

I guess levels won't carry over then, which makes sense. Wonder if Advent will be incorporated in.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Inb4 people misunderstand this as FFVIIR being done in the exact same gameplay style of XIII and people complain about that.

I guess levels won't carry over then, which makes sense. Wonder if Advent will be incorporated in.

I think they will probably attempt to build to Advent Children...like hints of what looks like Geostigma in experiments injected with S-cells but not full Sephiroth clones. (At least that'd make me happy)

Honestly it surprises me that Cloud got Geostigma now that I think about it. He already had Jenova cells in him, had been infused with mako. Why would he be affected by Geostigma when it was essentially the remnants Jenova/Sephiroth + the lifestream poisoning people?

ANYWAYS. I'd also be happy with Denzel being an NPC. That kid went through a lot after Shin-Ra dropped the plate onto Sector 7, and then again after Meteor. Since we will see more of Midgar, it seems possible they'd have him in the game running an errand for Ruvie in Sector 5 or something.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I'm fine with them adding just about anything from the Compilation except Genesis/Gackt. Definitely more interested in seeing this game tie in with AC than CC.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

I'm fine with them adding just about anything from the Compilation except Genesis/Gackt. Definitely more interested in seeing this game tie in with AC than CC.
Ugh, if this turns into Shakespeare in the park with that red one-winged wonder again, I swear to god...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Ugh, if this turns into Shakespeare in the park with that red one-winged wonder again, I swear to god...
Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water's surface
The wandering soul knows no rest.
tumblr_ncjahdffgr1rp8rbso5_250.gif

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I think we can all rest assured that Genesis will remain in the canon. If they didn't hve further plans for him, he would have been killed off in CC and not been featured in the secret ending of Dirge.

Back