• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm not a rush. I'll probably get it when GoW5 comes out. I'm curious if Genesis is gonna pop up.
Judging by the fact that Square Enix can milk the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake as a universe/compilation, I'm gonna preliminarily say that yes, we're going to see Genesis repurposed inside the Remake's universe. How they're going to do that, I don't know, but since the Second Episode should touch Cloud's flashback, and with that Sephiroth's descend to madness, it's possible we could get more of Sephiroth in the flashback.

Thought it wouldn't surprise me that they make an Intergrade Vol. 2 and use either Sephiroth or Genesis are the protagonist alongside other characters.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I was gonna wait for the Slim, but Intergrade and FFXVI are tempting me
I have a buddy who always wants to wait for the next model, but then the next model comes out and he's like "but they might make another model," or "then the next console will be out." I'm not saying he never buys consoles, but everytime there's a new console or model, without fail, he's already just considering waiting for the next one.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Dude, you gonna have to wait for 2years more for that Slim. 2 years, oh my.
May be three. Slim is usually released three years after the standard model.

I have a buddy who always wants to wait for the next model, but then the next model comes out and he's like "but they might make another model," or "then the next console will be out." I'm not saying he never buys consoles, but everytime there's a new console or model, without fail, he's already just considering waiting for the next one.
My wait is more about the price reduction rather than version/model.

AegisXIII

Awards
May be three. Slim is usually released three years after the standard model.

My wait is more about the price reduction rather than version/model.
My wait is more about where the f**k can we buy it?!! In every shops it is out of stock until 2022.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
My wait is more about where the f**k can we buy it?!! In every shops it is out of stock until 2022.
Well they aren't out of stock until 2022, there are just major shortages until then. They should still pop up here and there.

I got mine about a week after launch, but I literally had to keep an eye on when online retailers would be selling them and then sit on multiple websites refreshing. Sometimes I'd get one in my cart then it would error out, sometimes they'd be gone instantly because of scalpers. But after about a week of trying I got one. My buddy did the same thing and it only took him a few days longer than me. Yet another friend of mine has seen them pop up on facebook marketplace a couple times for just a little over retail (I don't personally use facebook marketplace, but he likes it). ANOTHER friend of mine was literally shopping at Best Buy and saw one a shelf! I was like "nuh uh, no way."

I'm not saying they're easy to get, I'm just saying they're out there.

NoWay

Awards
On Twitter there are PS5 bots which inform you instantly when you can buy a console in an online shop. I don’t know about other countries but in Germany we have got some really fast Twitter bots. Thanks to them I could buy my PS5 within very few seconds after receiving the notification. Problem is: they have like 15k followers so nearly every big german online shop is crashing the very moment they begin to sell the console because nearly EVERYONE is waiting to raid the shops. :D
After a month of trying, I was able to finally buy a PS5 in March.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Whoever made Yuffie cry out in pain if gunna get their ass kicked by me

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
From the updated FAQ (and a reminder of how to access INTERmission):

How do I access FF7R EPISODE INTERmission?​

After downloading the content to your system, FF7R EPISODE INTERmission is playable immediately through the PlayStation 5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE title menu. For new players of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE it is recommended to play the main campaign first, although not required.

What will happen to trophies when upgrading from the PlayStation 4 version to the PlayStation 5 version of the game?​

You can obtain all of your unlocked trophies in the PlayStation 4 version on PlayStation 5 after you upgrade. After carrying over save data from the PlayStation 4 to the PlayStation 5 version, all trophies that were obtained on the PlayStation 4 version will be treated as obtained on the PlayStation 5 version as well.

Can I use the PlayStation 4 DLC items (such as the Chocobo Chick Summon Materia or Cactuar Summon Materia) on the free PlayStation 5 enhancement upgrade as well?​

The three Summons and five accessories will be released as a single free DLC package on the release date of FFVII REMAKE INTERGRADE, June 10, 2021.

AegisXIII

Awards
I hate it when dlc are accessible outside of the main story from the main menu. At least KH3 had the decency to unlock it after you cleared the main story.

Also visuals are great. I don't think the skybox texture of the plate is noticeable anymore. Feels properly integrated (intergraded? oh I finally understand the title) in the environment.

the red monster

Awards
How does the PS4>PS5 version upgrade works? do i need to download normal VIIR on my PS5 and it will be a patch, or it will just unlock free download for intergrade? but then it won't make sense with the paid DLC.
i'm gonna assume it will be like with miles morales>spider-man remastered. free patch for normal VIIR with option from the menu to buy the DLC.

Last edited:

shuyin_zer0

Awards
How does the PS4>PS5 version upgrade works? do i need to download normal VIIR on my PS5 and it will be a patch, or it will just unlock free download for intergrade? but then it won't make sense with the paid DLC.
i'm gonna assume it will be like with miles morales>spider-man remastered. free patch for normal VIIR with option from the menu to buy the DLC.
Yeah I think they said the PS4 version will have cross-save patched in.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If you have the disc and want to transfer your save:

- At some point a patch will be released for FFVIIR which will add a save upload feature. Load the game up and upload your save so you can download it on your PS5 edition.

- On June 10th, when you pop the game into your console, select the three dots next to play and choose PS5 | FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERMISSION to load that version of the game. It will have a download button on it and you can download the update for free.

- After uploading your save, you are free to delete the PS4 version of the game. You are required to have the PS4 disc within the console at any time you want to play the PS5 version, as you would with any physical game. Your console won't install the PS4 version of the game when you put the disc in (if you want it, you have to navigate to the PS4 version of the game and choose download, and then go through several pop-ups confirming that you do indeed want to install the PS4 version over the PS5 version)

- The DLC, INTERgrade, will be available to buy at the same time on the PS Store (web, on console, on phone) and the option to play it will be on the main menu, like Re MIND is on KH3.

If you have the digital edition, do the same step if you want to upload your save but:

- on June 10th, find the PS5 version of the game on the store and download it. You should have the license to download it for free (but there have been a few instances with other games where it has glitched out and shows as unavailable or for full price, do not buy it and let Sony and Square Enix fix the issue, which unfortunately takes a couple of days).

In no ways is the PS5 version of FFVIIR a patch for the PS4 game. It is a separate game, a new SKU, with a new trophy list so make sure you have the PS5 version downloaded because loading up the PS4 version won't have the new graphical options or DLC!

the red monster

Awards
- on June 10th, find the PS5 version of the game on the store and download it. You should have the license to download it for free (but there have been a few instances with other games where it has glitched out and shows as unavailable or for full price, do not buy it and let Sony and Square Enix fix the issue, which unfortunately takes a couple of days).

In no ways is the PS5 version of FFVIIR a patch for the PS4 game. It is a separate game, a new SKU, with a new trophy list so make sure you have the PS5 version downloaded because loading up the PS4 version won't have the new graphical options or DLC!
Oh so i downloaded the the ps4 version the entire night for... nothing.
yeah on the PSN it says unavailable so hopefully it gets fixed when it releases.
but doesn't the SKU comes with the DLC installed? because people who buy that version gets the DLC too. how will the game know if i updated from the PS4 version?
ff.jpg

Back