• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lulcy

Awards
I haven't noticed this until someone pointed it out, there's no mention of the Photo Mode coming to the PS4 version on either trailers or the press releases. If that's the case then it's a total rip off and BS, not only you have to get a PS5 to get the Yuffie DLC (which is still bs) but also to get Photo Mode of all things. I can understand the graphics, fps and load time enhancements being behind a new machine, that's reasonable, but Photo Mode? Is it really that taxing for PS4? 😠

One could argue that it will come to PS4, fine, but then why not mention it at all in the first place?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Gatcha instead of per chapter cost. Well that lowers the chances of a console port.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm still here for the Before Crisis chapters. Please let the gacha system not suck the fun out of this game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Oh shit, it’s taking the FFXV route. I’m..down. Gimme an anime, YouTube shorts, manga, movie, etc. GIVE ME EVERYTHING YOU GOT NOMURA

AegisXIII

Awards
Oh shit, it’s taking the FFXV route. I’m..down. Gimme an anime, YouTube shorts, manga, movie, etc. GIVE ME EVERYTHING YOU GOT NOMURA
I hope they won't go to the canon route. Each entry should be its own universe. Except for first soldier which is far enough in the past to get a free pass.

Neo_

Awards
I'm so glad I kept my save file. I'm still holding out hope that if you have save data from part 1, it'll either carry over your stats & weapons, or give you a special present.
Well, it'll give you all the Trophies you've earned.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Well, it'll give you all the Trophies you've earned.
So you're telling me to finish platting it on the PS4 version first for the least amount of work for a double plat. Kinda wish it would just be a shared trophy list instead.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No PS5 games, to my knowledge, have a shared trophy list with a PS4 version of the game.

FFVIIR will have a save upload feature patched into the PS4 version of the game allowing you to upload your save to their server where it's converted and downloaded into your PS5 version. This will then auto-pop either all or some trophies for the game (Crash Bandicoot 4 pops some, Spider-Man / Miles Morales pop all). I have platinums within 1 and 2 seconds for Avengers and Spider-Man because of this. I'm not sure if there's been a game yet that has had a save converter feature but no trophies came with a save.

So yeah, best course of action might be to finish the platinum first if you don't want to focus on trophies on the PS5 version or if having under 100% on your PS4 trophy list annoys you. Otherwise clean up on the PS5 shouldn't be too bad due to the faster loading times.

Max

Staff member
Awards
No PS5 games, to my knowledge, have a shared trophy list with a PS4 version of the game.

FFVIIR will have a save upload feature patched into the PS4 version of the game allowing you to upload your save to their server where it's converted and downloaded into your PS5 version. This will then auto-pop either all or some trophies for the game (Crash Bandicoot 4 pops some, Spider-Man / Miles Morales pop all). I have platinums within 1 and 2 seconds for Avengers and Spider-Man because of this. I'm not sure if there's been a game yet that has had a save converter feature but no trophies came with a save.

So yeah, best course of action might be to finish the platinum first if you don't want to focus on trophies on the PS5 version or if having under 100% on your PS4 trophy list annoys you. Otherwise clean up on the PS5 shouldn't be too bad due to the faster loading times.
I didn't realize no PS5 games have had shared trophy lists, I guess I just assumed some would because of the PS3/Vita/PS4 having many shared lists.

I also had a plat just auto-pop for me on Spider-Man Remastered. I played Miles Morales on PS5 because it seemed silly to hundred percent the PS4 version just for 2 plats to pop and not enjoy the PS5 version.

I might just not worry about the PS4 list depending on how much more work I would have ahead of me. If it's substantial, I'll just say forget it and finish the list on PS5. The older I get the less I've been caring about trophies, and I've just been getting more selective with my time.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Blood has been added to FF7 Remake Intergrade rating:

Updated trailer released today confirms this in the beginning:

Obviously it will still be teen rated, but it's better than nothing. Original FF7 had blood and honestly FF7 dark atmosphere asks for it.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm disappointed that the Yuffie DLC will come as a bloody voucher and not be on disc. Square Enix have been a terrible disappointment in regards to video game preservation in recent years.

AegisXIII

Awards
Not only Square-Enix. Since the invention of day one patches, it makes zero sense to have a physical videogame collection anymore as in order to play them, you need the 20Gb of patches.

FF7Remake is the only game I bought in recent years that didn't get a patch. So this should be encouraged.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nero the Sable is in Intergrade and part of the story in Yuffie’s DLC, confirming the Dirge stuff is not for the VR battles only.

Trailer can be seen at the very end of this stream:

EDIT: Here’s the trailer on its own. Leaving the stream link in case anyone wants to see the First Soldier gameplay.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Nero the Sable is in Intergrade and part of the story in Yuffie’s DLC, confirming the Dirge stuff is not for the VR battles only.

Trailer can be seen at the very end of this stream:

EDIT: Here’s the trailer on its own. Leaving the stream link in case anyone wants to see the First Soldier gameplay.

I like this. Also I find it a bit weird we get to explore Weiss and Nero before learning about who Sephiroth is. Sounds way too convoluted for newcomers.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
NERO IS HERE

I love how much Compilation stuff is making its way into Remake. This is everything we deserve. (Because we all talked shit about the Compilation)

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm glad Weiss and Nero pop up but I'm gonna have to wait till I get a PS5 in order to play it.

Back