• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I loved it. I loved the ending. This isn't a perfect game but it is a damn good one.

Leslie will be a party member in a future game. There. It has been said.

The dialogue felt so natural and the characters feel alive. The story had good pacing outside of some very unnecessary segments like the road to Wall Market, getting to Mako Reactor 5, some parts of the Train Graveyard. Even though you are on a linear path, I never felt like it was forced. There was enough variety and things going on that made it feel like a natural progression of the story.

I do think they should have kept the allure of Sephiroth being a mystery, but I get what they are going for here. There is a certain sort of allure in Sephiroth trying to seduce Cloud. He even took him to look at a heart shaped nebula on the edge of creation. That's romance, y'all.

But really, I get it.

Also in regards to Zack in that alternate reality with Champs the dog, well, I'm fine with that because everybody was asking the question "What if Zack had beat the infantrymen?" back when Crisis Core released. It's our own fault, really. We should have never asked the question because we never knew these men were crazy enough to answer it.

Now it is time to consume all FF7 media obsessively until Part 2 is announced. Also...why did I love this more than KH3?

Because Noruma cared a lot more about this game then KH3 it seems and it shows in the difference of quality between these two games. That's my interpretation anyway. I still like KH3 but it did a lot of things wrong that left a lot of fans disappointed with it.

FF7 Remake, for whatever faults it has, is 80% better then the entire of KH3 and that's pretty sad considering people were expecting a lot more from KH3 then FF7 Remake when it came to story, which is pretty ironic lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because Noruma cared a lot more about this game then KH3 it seems and it shows in the difference of quality between these two games. That's my interpretation anyway. I still like KH3 but it did a lot of things wrong that left a lot of fans disappointed with it.

FF7 Remake, for whatever faults it has, is 80% better then the entire of KH3 and that's pretty sad considering people were expecting a lot more from KH3 then FF7 Remake when it came to story, which is pretty ironic lol

Yeah, and it's crazy because Nomura says he gave each game 100%...but I don't really feel that when I play KH3. There is a lot of love in it, that cannot be denied, but it also feels Nomura got bored at some point with the story. And then just knowing how they had to work with Disney. ReMind feels a lot more like the KH I am more familiar with.

Yes, agreed. Perhaps we all had high hopes for KH3 which is also why we found more enjoyment with FF7R. I had automatically tempered my expectations for it after KH3, and while I knew it would still be a good game, I didn't get my hopes up that it would be something I would love.

In the end I came out of it feeling so charmed and in love with FF7R, and it reminded me of how much I love FF7 as a whole, even the bad parts like Dirge of Cerberus which I still adore lol.

KH3 left me feeling bitter, and even though I love it and was also charmed at times, I just can't help but feel like KH3 made me feel less in love with KH and upset with the future of the series.

OneDandelion

Awards

Keep in mind that the remake had a god tier story already written for it. All it had to do was follow the main plot points of midgar and it did until the end. Contrast that with KH3 which was designed around a single plot point that Nomura or SE felt justified a whole game. While FF7 had plenty of bullshit fluff added to it you were at least playing through the story all the way through, KH3 was literally all fluff until the very end.

Plus midgar is a more interesting setting than 90% of KH3 excluding Scala Ad Caelum, Twilight Town and Hollow Bastion - Scala being the only explorable one and even then theres almost nothing to do there

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I loved it. I loved the ending. This isn't a perfect game but it is a damn good one.

Leslie will be a party member in a future game. There. It has been said.

The dialogue felt so natural and the characters feel alive. The story had good pacing outside of some very unnecessary segments like the road to Wall Market, getting to Mako Reactor 5, some parts of the Train Graveyard. Even though you are on a linear path, I never felt like it was forced. There was enough variety and things going on that made it feel like a natural progression of the story.

I do think they should have kept the allure of Sephiroth being a mystery, but I get what they are going for here. There is a certain sort of allure in Sephiroth trying to seduce Cloud. He even took him to look at a heart shaped nebula on the edge of creation. That's romance, y'all.

But really, I get it.

Also in regards to Zack in that alternate reality with Champs the dog, well, I'm fine with that because everybody was asking the question "What if Zack had beat the infantrymen?" back when Crisis Core released. It's our own fault, really. We should have never asked the question because we never knew these men were crazy enough to answer it.

Now it is time to consume all FF7 media obsessively until Part 2 is announced. Also...why did I love this more than KH3?

I also loved what they did with the ending. I've been going back and forth with one of my friends about the direction they are moving in with the story, and I am convinced that

Aerith will survive the point where she originally died and they will kill her off in the final setpiece of the Remake saga. They aren't going to change what we know, but they are going to change HOW we know it. I think it's the only way they'd top the shock value of killing her at the end of Disc 1.

The first visit to Wall Market was by far my favorite part of the game. THAT moment had me smiling and giddy like few games have ever had me feel.

OneDandelion

Awards
I think this is very worrying to be honest. I don't have much problems with FF7R but this could ruin it for me
They also said they're not making many changes to the story from this point on.

I don't know how thats possible unless they have a different definition of the word "change", if the changes they've already made don't significantly impact the story then there was no point in making those changes in Remake to begin with. More likely imo they just want to keep calling this a remake so more old fans buy the sequels

2 quid is good

Awards

I don't know how thats possible unless they have a different definition of the word "change", if the changes they've already made don't significantly impact the story then there was no point in making those changes in Remake to begin with. More likely imo they just want to keep calling this a remake so more old fans buy the sequels

The part that particularly worries me is the implication that they want to make multiple "short" games. Does this mean each game has 3-4 towns in it? I don't see that being a good thing

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Hopefully Kitase puts the brakes on Nomura, because FF7R project going the same route that KH with "spinoffs" and main games is a terrible idea.

OneDandelion

Awards
The part that particularly worries me is the implication that they want to make multiple "short" games. Does this mean each game has 3-4 towns in it? I don't see that being a good thing
Yea... If they do that I'm done. Maybe I'll come back to it in 15 years when they release "Final Fantasy VII: The Story So Far".

Nukara

Awards
Explain I'm confused FF7R is an alternative universe with respect to OG ff7?
This would explain why the characters in the clothes are different from OG and noticeably.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Unpopular opinion here, but if they keep the quality and content level of this game each time, they can release it in however many parts they want for all I care. I love these characters and I’d love to see significant story expansion that stays within the framework of the original. The original is always there to play for that version of the story. I think of it like the OG is the movie and the Remake is the multi-season TV adaption. The latter allows you to spend more time with the characters and flesh out elements a movie doesn’t have time for.

That being said, I take Nomura’s comments to be referring to just a slight difference in the number of entries. Like 3 compared to 4 or 5, max. The main concern is that they want the whole original game adapted and expanded on at the same scale and quality as Midgar was. If they do that, it will take more or less the same amount of time to develop the full saga regardless. Dividing it up into more parts will just get us some of the content faster while also keeping development of the project funded which will help them avoid the need to rush or cut corners.

TL;DR: I’m fine with the project taking it’s time so we get a higher quality experience. More parts adapting shorter sections of the OG game into full fledged games seems like the best option to me to ensure a healthier production process and that we won’t have to wait another five years for the next game.

LostArtist

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That is all.

Last edited:

blank points

Awards
I just finished this game last night, and man oh man, am I 100%, wholeheartedly impressed. Like, I can't stop singing the praises of this game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, I give this game 9/10. It's not perfect, but it's damn near it. I think SE has redeemed themselves with this game. I don't think I have been this impressed by a game in a long time.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So I have a theory about the Whispers (nobody tell me if I'm right or wrong because I haven't beaten it yet, please!)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

GreyouTT

Awards

I do wonder what their standard for "major" is, since Nomura for example didn't expect the Anti-Aqua reveal to be as big of a deal.

OneDandelion

Awards
I do wonder what their standard for "major" is, since Nomura for example didn't expect the Anti-Aqua reveal to be as big of a deal.
Its absolutely bizzare. The problem with anti aqua was that it was a huge deal for her to fall to the darkness but it was trivialized by how quickly she was brought back by Sora.

If thats Nomura's standard for ccharacter development then they might be telling the truth as far as plot goes and
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"This is again proof that Exclusive > Multiplats"
Wow, that is some major stretch of logic there. The game sold more because there was more legitimate hype behind it.

Back