• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
There's also reassurance, being in a comfortable safe zone of something the fanbase knows and loves and has been asking for a remake of for years. After years of clamouring for it and pre-hyping, they're getting what they want, and now they can settle down. And since we're only revisiting Midgar, the hype train only allows the community so far.

Tbh, it's refreshing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There's also reassurance, being in a comfortable safe zone of something the fanbase knows and loves and has been asking for a remake of for years. After years of clamouring for it and pre-hyping, they're getting what they want, and now they can settle down. And since we're only revisiting Midgar, the hype train only allows the community so far.

Tbh, it's refreshing.
Yaaas, definitely this. The only pessimism I can see is the question of whether or not Midgar will be as long as the content in Disc One, which was a two to four hour experience. To be honest, it's kinda strange for people to claim that they're going to charge us $59.99 for a two to four hour experience. It's obviously gonna be a veeery long campaign. Just the fact that you focused on Midgar pretty much suggesta to me that the city is gonna be expanded like never before. They'll add content to main quests while sidequests will build upon Midgar's world.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Got an email from Amazon. Looks like my copy is going to be delayed.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Loved everything about the final trailer and I'm really curious how much of Zack's story from Crisis Core they will tell in this project.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Hoooo man. Anyone that has the mindset that “you can’t spoil a 23 year old game” are in for a treat. This is not that 23 year old game lol

Truly. To some extent, because of all the new faces, the nostalgia receptors didn't trigger. The trailer just gives me a totally different feel than from playing the demo which was a sheer nostalgia assault (on the brain reactor). I probably shouldn't have watched it, tbh, but I couldn't help myslef. Hah.

And I definitely wasn't prepared for Red's sass. 😂

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Hoooo man. Anyone that has the mindset that “you can’t spoil a 23 year old game” are in for a treat. This is not that 23 year old game lol
Looks like the project is pulling a Rebuild of Evangelion

We’ve all been fooled by Square Enix’s marketing. Major spoilers of the nature of the remake, but not specific on what happens:

It’s not truly a remake of Final Fantasy VII. Remake is a thematic subtitle.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
We’ve all been fooled by Square Enix’s marketing. Major spoilers of the nature of the remake, but not specific on what happens:

It’s not truly a remake of Final Fantasy VII. Remake is a thematic subtitle.
I mean, technically, calling this game “Remake” and not “Remake Part 1” makes a lot more sense now.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
So, Amazon pushed back my delivery for until 14th of April. Is it safe to say if you're ever planning to buy anything Final Fantasy related, go ahead and buy it directly from the Square Enix store?

NoWay

Awards
So, Amazon pushed back my delivery for until 14th of April. Is it safe to say if you're ever planning to buy anything Final Fantasy related, go ahead and buy it directly from the Square Enix store?
My delivery has also been pushed back. But I also ordered the game from another store just in case. I think I’m going to cancel my Amazon order.
And yes, the next time I’m going to buy anything FF or KH related directly from Square.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Ah yes, impatiently waiting to figure out if the copies of the game has made it to GameStop (or if it will on time this week) and wanting to get the game before I'm not able to cause things happen unexpectedly nowadays.
This has gotta be the game that I've been the most impatient for.

Myst Knight

Awards
I mean, technically, calling this game “Remake” and not “Remake Part 1” makes a lot more sense now.

Yeah, it's funny that we all thought SquareEnix was actually going for a straight-forward title explaining what it was, only to find out it's just more Kingdom Hearts title tomfoolery. Probably should've named it "Re:MAKE" or something like that. :p

From what I hear about The Watchers of Fate, I wonder if this whole thing is going to end up as one of those "don't tamper with fate" stories we often get with time-travel, where Aerith dies just because she's supposed to and Cloud and company don't want to mess with the timeline. For me, these stories end up feeling passive and wimpym and I'd much rather have something like Final Fantasy X, where the characters actively fight against fate, and the sacrifices happen organically to the story (Tidus "dies" instead of Yuna). But who can tell where it's going to go with Nomura in charge? This is the same guy who undid Roxas' fate for a reunion with Xion and Axel.

None of this is a deal-breaker for me, although I understand the disappointment of certain fans (anything called "Final Fantasy VII" is going to have MASSIVE expectations). But if they're going to go this route, I want them to go as gonzo as possible; all bets off. I want the deaths to be switched around, Sephiroth to become a good guy, massive time-travel shenanigans, and for everything to end with a crossover with "Ahh! Real Monsters" and "Jackie Chan Adventures" where the characters fight machine gun toting dinosaurs. Or something like that.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Getting A lot of really positive reviews

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Getting A lot of really positive reviews

4. More. Days. I can do this. I can keep calm. I can do this.
tenor.gif

GreyouTT

Awards
Yeah, it's funny that we all thought SquareEnix was actually going for a straight-forward title explaining what it was, only to find out it's just more Kingdom Hearts title tomfoolery. Probably should've named it "Re:MAKE" or something like that. :p

From what I hear about The Watchers of Fate, I wonder if this whole thing is going to end up as one of those "don't tamper with fate" stories we often get with time-travel, where Aerith dies just because she's supposed to and Cloud and company don't want to mess with the timeline. For me, these stories end up feeling passive and wimpym and I'd much rather have something like Final Fantasy X, where the characters actively fight against fate, and the sacrifices happen organically to the story (Tidus "dies" instead of Yuna). But who can tell where it's going to go with Nomura in charge? This is the same guy who undid Roxas' fate for a reunion with Xion and Axel.

None of this is a deal-breaker for me, although I understand the disappointment of certain fans (anything called "Final Fantasy VII" is going to have MASSIVE expectations). But if they're going to go this route, I want them to go as gonzo as possible; all bets off. I want the deaths to be switched around, Sephiroth to become a good guy, massive time-travel shenanigans, and for everything to end with a crossover with "Ahh! Real Monsters" and "Jackie Chan Adventures" where the characters fight machine gun toting dinosaurs. Or something like that.
Nomura's not really in charge so much as just one of three directors. He isn't even the writer either.

Myst Knight

Awards
Nomura's not really in charge so much as just one of three directors. He isn't even the writer either.

I guess it depends on how much influence he has in comparison to the others. But even if it's not just Nomura calling the shots, the other guys also have ties to Kingdom Hearts and some of the more loopy Final Fantasy entries. These spoilers seems pretty typical of SquareEnix's recent direction with their flagship series. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing in my book, if they go all out and give up something truly crazy. And of course, gameplay is king anyway, and FFVII:R already feels better than FFXV

NoWay

Awards
My delivery has also been pushed back. But I also ordered the game from another store just in case. I think I’m going to cancel my Amazon order.
And yes, the next time I’m going to buy anything FF or KH related directly from Square.
Update: My game is already arriving tomorrow. 😭
The last time I was that excited for a game was KH3.

Back