• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
nah i am not going buy part of game i want whole game from midgar all way to final fight in ff7 beside my roomate brough it i going watch him play it
This will be a series, with a part 2 and maybe 3. They expanded the Midgar portion of the game to insane levels. They might do a Complete Set if it all ever gets finished, but that'll be who knows how far off.

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
This will be a series, with a part 2 and maybe 3. They expanded the Midgar portion of the game to insane levels. They might do a Complete Set if it all ever gets finished, but that'll be who knows how far off.
don't get me wrong i love final fantasy 7 and all other final fantasy games

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Delayed to April 10

SQUARE ENIX® announced today that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE will be April 10, 2020.

Below is a message from the development team:

“We know that so many of you are looking forward to the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and have been waiting patiently to experience what we have been working on. In order to ensure we deliver a game that is in-line with our vision, and the quality that our fans who have been waiting for deserve, we have decided to move the release date to April 10, 2020.

We are making this tough decision in order to give ourselves a few extra weeks to apply final polish to the game and to deliver you with the best possible experience. I, on behalf of the whole team, want to apologize to everyone, as I know this means waiting for the game just a little bit longer.

Thank you for your patience and continued support - Yoshinori Kitase, Producer of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"Wait, people DON'T like the naked mannequin cutscenes? Well crap, we're gonna have to push back the game to fix that."

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Wake me up when Square Enix can actually release a game on time

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Final Fantasy 15 got delayed, KH3 got delayed, FF7 Remake got delayed... It's always the same crap!
How can I even feel bad whenever there's leaks?! And this is only part 1...

Now I'm just waiting for FF7 remake not living up to the hype and disappointing a lot of people. Square seems to be good on that these days.

It's almost a miracle ReMind didn't get delayed...yet...

Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I legitimately don't understand why folks are complaining about delays. Aren't delays a good thing since they can reduce crunch on the development team and allow more care to be put into the final product? Sure you have to wait a little bit longer but that's not a bad thing. And in this case, as Rokudamia just mentioned, March was a busy month anyways lol

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Final Fantasy 15 got delayed, KH3 got delayed, FF7 Remake got delayed... It's always the same crap!
How can I even feel bad whenever there's leaks?! And this is only part 1...

Now I'm just waiting for FF7 remake not living up to the hype and disappointing a lot of people. Square seems to be good on that these days.

It's almost a miracle ReMind didn't get delayed...yet...
this why i not buying it it going be alot delayed

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with delaying a game. If anything, Square Enix allowing 1-2 month delays for polish showcases that they’d rather have a well done, non-buggy game than something that was rushed and incredibly crunched (at the expense of the physical and mental health of employees.)

The game was about to go gold in a state that they felt wasn’t that acceptable and they didn’t want to have first impressions be from something that could have a big problem with it (bug or glitch related) and now they have a handful of extra weeks to squash the bugs. Final Fantasy XV’s two month delay was incredible for the game when you compare the 1 hour footage they released in August 2016 and what the game looked like at launch.

This also moves the game to a Friday (postage delivery is yet to be acknowledged from Square Enix since it’s a four day weekend and stores will be closed too) which, at least for people who work, is much better than a Tuesday release.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with delaying a game.
No, there's definitely something wrong when a company can't meet the deadlines often. We aren't talking about a one time thing. Their time management is bad and they should already have realized that by now.

This also moves the game to a Friday (postage delivery is yet to be acknowledged from Square Enix since it’s a four day weekend and stores will be closed too) which, at least for people who work, is much better than a Tuesday release.
Except for those who already asked for days off in March to play it, I suppose.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No, there's definitely something wrong when a company can't meet the deadlines often. We aren't talking about a one time thing. Their time management is bad and they should already have realized that by now.
Then there’s something wrong with each video game company throughout the entire world. Do you hold these views against Naughty Dog with their delays on games like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2?

Except for those who already asked for days off in March to play it, I suppose.
It absolutely sucks if they can’t cancel the time off request or reschedule it, yes. But it’s still, mostly, a public holiday which starts a four day weekend, meaning people don’t have to waste taking their time off for a game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This isn’t a SE problem, this is an industry problem. Every single big Spring game was either delayed or is in Spring because of a delay. Cyberpunk, Animal Crossing, Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, dreams, the list goes on and we can look before even now to see big and small companies doing the same thing with their releases since video games have been a thing. This is nothing new.

The problem is that the industry sets release dates too far in advance without really taking into consideration the problems that could arise during development both on the development end and the management end.

It sucks that SE has delayed their games but I would rather a game be delayed rather than rushed to the gate. This isn’t always a bad thing and it isn’t always a management issue. Real people make these games and real people aren’t perfect.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Then there’s something wrong with each video game company throughout the entire world. Do you hold these views against Naughty Dog with their delays on games like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2?
I'm not interested in anything from them, so I'm not aware how often they delay their games. Otherwise, I would be saying the same thing. If you compromise to do something, you should keep your word.

By lying to someone, you lose credibility and you may not get that credibility back, if you keep doing the same thing.
We are their consumers, we give them our money, we deserve better than this.

It sucks that SE has delayed their games but I would rather a game be delayed rather than rushed to the gate. This isn’t always a bad thing and it isn’t always a management issue. Real people make these games and real people aren’t perfect.

No one is perfect and yet that's still no excuse to keep doing the same mistakes over and over. We should learn from them and try do better next time. And that's what I'm not seeing here.

It's ok to delay something once, but when it becomes a common thing then there's something wrong going on.

And after both FF15 ad KH3 which took years of development, got delayed and still felt rushed, pissing off a lot of fans in the end, FF7 Remake part 1 isn't give me much hope with this delay. Different game, same story.

And if even after breaking into parts the Remake for PS4/PS5 of their "magnum opus" PS1 game to not disappoint anyone with missing content, and using their best staff to ensure a quality game, they still manage to screw up somehow, then I don't know how anyone will be able to trust Square-Enix anymore.

Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
lol delaying a game isn't lying. a release date is never set in stone so changing that release date isn't lying. if anything delays are better because its for the promise of a better game in the end.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In my Master's, I took a course called "Project Management". One of the things they teach you is that it's perfectly normal for a project to be delayed and go over its assigned budget, but of course, the company needs to establish an acceptable amount of delay/expenses.

In the eyes of a video game project, judging by the phase the first episode of the Remake is, I'm assuming they may be encountering some issues during bug testing. Assuming this is the cause, people need to realize just how complicated developing video games nowadays is. And by that I mean games on the scope and scale of FINAL FANTASY VII Remake. Even though this first episode takes place only in Midgar, that segment of FFVII's story has been expanded on a whole new level. I imagine this is going to be an open-worldish video game, and open-world games tend to add another layer of difficulty when it comes to bug testing and all that.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I heard this game was pushed back to April? Hmm. Well I was actually thinking about getting it anyway. Even though I'm a bit tired of FFVII I should support it and hope it doing well means more potential FF remakes. (Like V, VI, VIII, and IX)

It's coming April 10th? Well better then April 1st where they announce it was never in development at all and this was all a 2020 April Fools Day joke. That would be cruel.

Back